“Good for business trips” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 232 Hotels in Bogota
Dallas, Texas
“Good for business trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I particularly liked the pool and steam room. Breakfast is a big spread with gourmet cookies an omelette bar etc. but it is the same spread everyday. From desk is helpful, but I would have expected better English speaking skills for a Marriott. Very close to the airport.

Overall a good place to stay if you are in town for business.

Room Tip: If you like steam rooms, make sure you check this one out.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our amenities and facilities, next time we invite you to try our spa and its treatment which will relax your business journey. Similarly we appreciate your comment about food and we will vary a bit more our breakfast to offer a new experience every day. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

By far one of the best Marriotts I ever been (and I`ve been in many) . Excelent staff, room, food, and facilities. Only cons would be far from Downtown for tourism, if you are up to it..
The gymn / SPA / Pool are excelent and gives you a great options to keep working on your helath.
The restaurants are very good with gourmet options and fancy dishes. THe sushi is also very nice. The lounge is convidative for working or spending the time. The area doesn`t offer much, but is very close to trhe airport which is a good benefit as Bogota has one of the worst traffic in Latina.

Room Tip: if you can, request a upgrade to Junior suite or executive lounge access
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,
Thank you, we feel very flattered with your review. Our staff, amenities and facilities are always designed thinking on our customers. Therefore, we offer some activities for maintaining your healthy life and relax your busy day. Similarly, we are glad that you enjoyed the food of our restaurants. For your next stay I recommend you to try our different ”the place to be” activities in Tanoshii Lounge & Sushi Bar. We hope to see you back in Marriott Bogota.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I spent a long weekend here (Labor Day weekend in the U.S.) and stayed using points. The Bogota Marriott Hotel required less reward points than the JW Marriott, plus it had an airport shuttle, which made the travel convenient. Although TA forum opinion was overwhelmingly in favor of staying at the JW because of its location, I did not find the Bogota Marriott's location lacking. Bogota Marriott Hotel is located in the business/financial district. Apart from the hotel restaurants, one can grab dinner from a Mediterranean tapas place next door or from a Wild Buffalo Wings place around the corner.

The highlight of my stay was access to the Executive Lounge. Unlike the last Marriott facility where I stayed, the Executive Lounge served breakfast and evening cocktails/refreshments every day. The staff at the Executive Lounge were top notch. Much has been said on TA about Milena and the level of customer service she provides and I can attest to that. She always made it a point to inquire how my day went, but was never intrusive about it. She was a welcoming presence in the Executive Lounge. The same high compliments go out to the staff at breakfast, who were always considerate, asking me if I wanted anything else before they cleared the breakfast items.

The room was nicely appointed and the bed super-comfortable. I appreciated the turndown service and the chocolates! I liked having the bathrobe and slippers. The only minor negative thing about the room, Rm. 1020, was that it was two doors down from the Executive Lounge. I could hear the staff moving furniture around and preparing for the service. I can only imagine how much louder it is from the room next door. Fortunately, the noise did not extend to late evenings and I wasn’t in my room all that much to be bothered by it.

I would think twice about booking a tour through the hotel concierge. I did so because I didn’t have time prior to coming to do any proper research on alternative tour companies, and for that I paid a price. The Bogota Marriott Hotel contracts with a local private transportation company to provide these tours. There is a 25% fee added to the tour price for a bilingual “tour guide.” Unfortunately, said tour guide was no more than a glorified driver who spoke English. He did not offer any additional information about the places we visited (e.g. Zipaquira Salt Mines, Lago Guatavita, etc.) despite having admitted that he takes hotel guests there several times a month. The second disappointing thing related to this is how the concierge managed the process. As soon as I had checked in, I spoke to someone at the concierge about booking a day tour the following day. I was told that lunch would be included. In fact, it was not. Additionally, the concierge staff did not bother to follow up with me to see how the tour worked out. So, my advice to fellow travelers is: don’t book your tour through the concierge. Or, if you do, consider my experience when you make your decision.

I had an enjoyable stay at the Bogota Marriott Hotel, thanks to the exemplary service provided by the Executive Lounge staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your time to share your experience. We are glad that you have had a valuable stay in our hotel. It is a pleasure for us that our Marriott Rewards customers choose Bogota Marriott as a place to be due to its location, amenities, and mainly our staff. We feel completely flattered to see that you enjoyed the concierge floor and its lounge. Milena and the lounge´ staff will be thankful to see your review. Thank you again for your comment and we will wait for you back in our hotel.
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is by far the best Marriott I've ever stay in. Free and easy to find airport shuttle, courteous and helpful staff, spotlessly clean, VERY comfortable & quiet room, clean and refreshing pool & hot tub, well-equipped fitness centre and a safe neighbourhood. Yes, it can be pricey, but it's worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. It is a pleasure for us to have satisfied customers after their experience. We are proud to continue offering you a comfortable and unique experience. We hope to see you back in Bogota Marriott.
Swansboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

After a long trip and longer time in Customs it was very nice to arrive to a comfortable room and bed with better than average service. The desk staff speak very good English and were very helpful with local transportation and meal recommendations. The breakfast was very nice, and the housekeeping staff obviously took pride in the property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are proud to have an amazing and skillful staff that makes an unforgettable moment of your experience. Similarly, we are pleased that you have enjoyed the breakfast and for your next stay I recommend you the different options and festivals available in our restaurants. We hope to see you again in our hotel.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was totally impressed by the service in this hotel. We are taking abut the executive floor, but still, not everywhere this type of service is found. Everyone is very kind and attentive to detail with a real customer service! When I arrived I realized my computer was dead and I was going to spend 3 days in Bogota working, but the computer dead....so I voiced my need and found somoene who looked everywhere for help, a consultant came to my room to check the computer! Then as the solution was not found, the executive floor manager, Leonardo Mendez (thank you again, this person deserves a bonus!) went quite out of his way finding an address in Bogota where to go and emailed me at work to make sure I'd get there on time. He also offered to pick up my computer from where I work and bring it back to me once repaired!!!!
Thank yu! I wi definitey cme back!

Room Tip: If you can take the executive floor, you have your own eating ounce and everyone availabe t make you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Roberta,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you received an excellent service and you had a good experience. Bright in our duties is part of the company’s values. Similarly Leonardo Mendez will be completely pleased to get this grateful review. Thank you again for writing and we hope to see you soon in our hotel.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here several times for business, usually M-F. Rooms are immaculate. Well designed and spacious, modern looking. Loved turn down service, coming back to the room after a hard day to find a robe and slippers laid out was very welcoming. Staff at the front desk was very friendly, saw John on most of my check ins and outs. Lots of restaurants close by within walking distance.
Would recommend this hotel to any one traveling to Bogota.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure for us to have a happy customer coming back to our hotel. We are proud to continue giving you a good experience in our chain. We count with the best team that can give you the best amenities and service. We hope to see you back in Marriott Bogota.

Been to Bogota Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!