“Very good hotel but miles away from everything” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free breakfast+Wi-Fi+Spa
Ranked #4 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Doha, Qatar
“Very good hotel but miles away from everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Newly built hotel with contemporary decoration all across the hotel. Price isnt cheap for a place like Bogota. Location is near airport hence far away from everything else. Food was average. Service was good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. You are correct, our hotel is located near the airport in the Salitre area of Bogota. We have shopping centers within walking distance, fine dining around and great entertainment not too far away. The advantage here is that the hotel can arrange safe and not too expensive transportation to visit other areas. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a great dining experience. Average is not good for us. We'll pass on your comments to our chef whom I'm sure will make necessary adjustments to avoid "average experiences". Visit us again soon, we'll do all our efforts to make you change your opinion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here on Marriott points for a birthday celebration (its a great place to use Marriott points- good value!). The room was extremely clean and comfortable. Great pillows and bed. The executive lounge and staff were fantastic. The breakfast was good and evening snacks were generally good too. The location is farther away from some of the main sites, but you can easily book a hotel taxi to cheaply get where you need to go. The neighborhood around the hotel was very safe, had good restaurants (a number of steak places, Bogota Beer, Wings) and was a nice place to walk around during the day. There is a small mall within walking distance. The only negative of our trip was really just miscommunication between different people. We booked a tour through the hotel and at one point the concierge said that they would pay the tour company and we would pay Marriott at the end. But this didn't happen so we had to quickly come up with money to pay our guide. The front desk staff all was "in training", the concierge was gone and it was just a weird situation. I'd stay again, but I'd just avoid interaction with the less experienced front desk staff. We did the airport shuttle at the end of the trip (we took a normal taxi from the airport- that was fine too). I'd recommend either, but the shuttle is nice because its free.

Room Tip: Executive Level is great if you can get it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We strive daily for customer satisfaction and yes, you're right, we had various associates in training. By now the majority of them are already trained and waiting to serve you as you deserve. You'll notice next time you visit. See you then!
Hartsville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is an exceptional hotel by Marriott. Much better service, decor and overall quality than typical Marriott hotels in the states.

My wife and I were on our way to the states from Bogota when United Airlines offered us travel vouchers to stay another day. We accepted their offer and were given a room at the Marriott. As such, this review is written from a different perspective than most, because we paid nothing for the room.

We had no issues getting to the hotel (via shuttle) or from the hotel to the airport. We left the airport at noon, so it was not an off-hour issue, as some reviews have pointed out. We left the hotel to the airport at 6:00 am. Again, no issue. As a word of advice to other travelers: if you are concerned about the shuttle, simply take a taxi. The taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is no more than 8000 Colombian Pesos, including an airport fee. This is about $4.50. I realize that the shuttle is free, but I try not to sweat the small stuff.

Check in was easy and the service was excellent. Very professional. The room was fantastic. Very clean, excellent bedding, new decor. There was absolutely nothing that I could say negative regarding this hotel.

There was some confusion regarding the United meal vouchers. The check-in staff didn't know what they were. Several of the staff members informed us that we could use the vouchers as cash. We later found out that this was not true. A very specific and limited menu exists for those using the vouchers. However, despite the confusion, the hotel's restaurant manager took care of everything for us. He amazed us with his service, professionalism and kindness.

Be aware that the other wait staff are a bit over-eager to please. Just keep in mind that most of these folks are "professional" food specialists and received education on how to provide exceptional service. Most are also bilingual. They can be a bit annoying sometimes, but only because they want to please you.

Keep lots of $1 or 1000/2000 Peso bills. Tip frequently in this hotel. It is expected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Mark R.

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are proud of our product and we all strive daily to maintain it as it was the day we opened it. We've taken note about your comment on the "annoying sometimes" referring to our service in the restaurant. We understand some guests do not want to be bother so often so we've let our associates know and see your review so that they can have a little bit more touch when approaching. You can rest assure that we'll do all in our hands to satisfy each and every one of our customers.

See you next time when your travel needs bring you back to our city.
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I reserved 2 rooms at this hotel for 9 days/8 nights during the month of December. A few days before arrival I received an email from the hotel asking if I would like the rooms adjoining, as I had requested rooms away from the elevator but also adjoining...and all connected rooms are in front of elevator. I appreciate that they contacted me instead of making a decision for me; we chose to get the them connecting. The rooms were very soundproof, not too small, and very clean. The entire hotel was very well maintained...from the restaurant, to the lobby, to the hallways. And all the staff we encountered throughtout our extended stay were polite and helpful.
On a side note, we all enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the Pimento restaurant. Although it was pretty much the same everyday, it was fresh and yummy.

I felt very safe staying here with my children and husband, not only in the hotel but also in the surrounding area. The neighborhood "Cuidad Salitre" is residential, and we walked around to local bakeries and hair salons without incident. The hotel has police K9's and a guard who wands you down every time you enter the building. I did not mind this at all; actually wish they would do this at all hotels, for peace of mind.

I look forward to our next trip to Bogota, my homeland, and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I'm glad you were treated as you deserve and very proud of our reservations' staff who took the initiative to call you in advance to find out about your preference between connecting rooms and rooms near the elevator. All our rooms have soundproof windows that guarantee our guests the best possible rest and yes, we are mad about cleanliness. As you mentioned, we put all efforts on making our customers feel secure and safe.
When you come back to Colombia make sure and visit us again...we'll do our best to make you feel again like at home.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Finally after a long trip and delays in reclaiming baggage all I wanted was a good night sleep. Called the hotel at 10:45pm for the shuttle and was told it would be there in 15 minutes. True to their word the shuttle showed up but I wasn't allowed to board since it was only for delta airlines staff. The driver said a shuttle should be arriving soon... Waited another 30 mins and just paid for a taxi... When I asked the front desk staff why the mix up I was told it was my fault for not calling the hotel ahead of time to reserve the shuttle... Typical Colombian service where if you fall outside of regular parameters the staff doesn't know what to do except apologize...

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review commenting about your stay. It is sad to hear you had a bad experience with our shuttle service. Our shuttle is constantly running back and forth to and from the airport, approximately every 30 minutes. We are investigating further the situation so that it never happens again. It is easier sometimes when we have arrival time and flight information prior to guest's arrival, however, it's no excuse and on behalf of the hotel I apologize for the answer you received. Our priority is guest satisfaction and we want to make sure that everything goes perfect for our guests, from arrival to departure. I hope everything else in your reservation was perfect and also hope to see you back at our hotel next time you visit Bogota.
Tulsa, Okla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Only stayed here one evening. Used hotel provided private pick up from airport. Very easy and short trip from airport. Bed was excellent and service felt like quality. Outstanding bellman.

Breakfast buffet was included. They offered many choices, and most were new to me, while a few were normal in the states. A number of fruit choices, including 3 inch bananas. Various meat and bread/pastries. Very nice breakfast and easy.

Only complaint was that the hotel shuttle dropped off all three of his guests at the international terminal. Two of us needed the national terminal. Since it was our first flight out of Bogota, we did not know, until I got help inside. It caused too much stress with our flight timing. We made it but we are not too happy with the driver.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This really helps us understand our guests' needs and shows us where we're doing good and where we're doing not so good. We are located only 3 miles away from the airport and for our guest's convenience we offer complimentary transportation to and from the airport. I'm so sorry to hear that you were incorrectly dropped of at the wrong airport. In reality, El Dorado International airport is for both, international and domestic flights. The other airport (Puente Aereo) is used for domestic flights for one airline only. The driver should have asked the airline and if flight was domestic or international. We'll make sure this doesn't happen again.

Again, thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate them.
Saint-Etienne, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a bad experience during my last vist to this hotel and I decided to give it a second chance. Service this time was good, but my room (1024) was very small though. The couch extension was so near the bed that I hurt my leg when I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night. For room service delivery, I had to remove my suitcase so the table could pass through. Other facilities however are good. The gym opened 24 hours a day is modernly equiped. The restaurant on the ground floor offers a good breakfast buffet. It is suitable for one night and probably the best option in the area. For a stay of more than one night I will definitely sleep elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alex R,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad you decided to give the hotel a second chance and even more knowing that this time you enjoyed the service, the gym, the restaurants and other facilities at the hotel. How's your leg? Hopefully you're all fine by now. If you ever come back to Bogota for a longer period let us know, we would be glad to show you how Marriott is not only a good option for one night stays.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Been to Bogota Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!