“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 232 Hotels in Bogota
San Jose, Costa Rica
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I should say I am a regular now because of work. Really nice place if you are in Bogota on business or need to spend the night. Located in a semi-business area, around 10 minutes away from the center of town and about the same distance from the international airport. Staff members are amiable – check-in is always done quickly. The rooms are comfortable, fully equipped and quiet. Décor is contemporary, the gym and pool are cool and breakfast is overwhelming. It also has a spa and executive floor.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors. The view is better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Quality_ManagerBOG, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your traveler opinion.
We are glad you love our hotel as well as our comfortable rooms and the contemporary décor. We are very fortunate to be only 15 minutes away from the International Airport and about 15 minutes from downtown Bogota.

We hope to have you with us again so that hopefully you can treat your self at the gym, pool and spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is not for a tourist. It's about a $12 taxi ride into the tourist area. Everything costs extra (internet is $16 a day) and the restaurant and bar are expensive! There is no point in spending this kind of money for a hotel in Bogota. Of course, if you are on an expense account and in Bogota on business, sure. Otherwise, stay in the La Candalaria district.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for providing us with your comments. It is important for us to know what our guests think about our hotel. Bogota is a very big city and there are tourists’ areas all around Bogota. You are right, the hotel is located in a privileged location near the airport, excellent for the business traveler, however, just minutes away from the hotel we have one of the most renowned theme parks of South America, some of the biggest malls in Bogota and great Colombian and international gastronomy. Regarding the Internet, we may not offer it for free but we guarantee you the best and fastest Internet access in the market with 26mb bandwidth to assure that your experience will always be a pleasant one whether using it for business or pleasure.
We also agree with you regarding La Candelaria district. It is beautiful and every tourist in Bogota should take some time to visit. I am sure it is worth the 12usd ride (roundtrip).
Once again thank you and we hope to see you back soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean and in a good location, the staff is not very friendly, this is the only hotel that i have stayed that charges for Internet and breakfast and it is super expensive at over 16.00 dollars a day for Internet is robbery it should be free or at least a small fee. the breakfast is very good but for 16 dollars is very expensive considering that in most hotels is free

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We thank you for your comments. It is important for us to know your opinion regarding our hotel and our staff. I apologize that you found our prices expensive. There are some hotels that offer complimentary breakfast and some others that don’t. Among those that are not offering it complimentary I can assure you our prices are very competitive and the superb quality of the items we serve have provided us with a renown reputation in the market. Regarding the Internet, we may not offer it for free but we guarantee you the best and fastest Internet access in the market with 26mb bandwidth to assure that your experience will always be a pleasant one whether using it for business or pleasure. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to see you soon.
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I slept in this hotel in March (I wrote an excellent review) and I slept again in June this year. What a difference 3 months can make. Check-in took me 43 minutes. The slippers in my bedroom were dirty (I guess someone used them before and they had not been changed). The business center forgot an important request I had made for a Fedex delivery. I insisted the second day and they forgot to instruct hotel security to let the Fedex officer get in. I made a reservation at the restaurant for lunch so I could receive an important customer properly. Then I found out they made a mistake and gave the table I have booked to another guest. Their restaurant buffet is really poor, only starters and dessert and, if you order the main course a la carte, make sure you select the suggestion of the day (only two dishes) otherwise it will take a very, very long time for you to be served.Their gym was the only good memory from my previous stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Quality_ManagerBOG, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Alex:

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment for second time in our page. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in your last visit with us and for the problems that we may have caused. We have already shared your comments with our Housekeeping, Food & Beverage and Business Center staff and we can assure you that we are taking the necessary measures to ensure this situation will not occur in the future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. It is only with your insight that we can continuously improve.

We hope you can give us a second chance to proof our commitment and if there is anything else that we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am generally not a fan of chain hotels but the ambiance and good service made this an exception. The location was a bit remote but all other aspects of the hotel were great. Lovely lap pool and health club and the rooms were comfortable and well appointed. I liked it.

Dear guest:

We are so pleased to know that our service was an exception for you as well as our lap pool and our comfortable rooms were of you satisfaction. We hope to know from you soon and do not forget to take a massage as well in our lovely health club.
north america
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I base this review on comparisons with other hotels in Bogota during my 25 years of working here - these include the Bogota Charleston, the Bogota Royal, the Radisson, Sofitel, Hotel de la Opera, Tequendama, Park 101 and others.

Overall, I will go back to the Hotel Charleston next time.

The JW Marriott is a good hotel, though there are weaknesses. I paid $209 on Orbitz, with breakfast included. It is certainly not worth more than that, and I would never pay the $369 or so demanded on Marriott's web page.

On the positive side, the Hotel is palatial. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. Service, in general, is superb. Regarding the room, the bed is comfortable, the room is well-appointed, and the bathroom is great.

The pool, jacuzzi and steam room area are nice.

But there are weaknesses.

The gym is much too small to get a proper workout, unless you're content with treadmills. The gym is poorly equipped, and not as good as other Marriott properties. Because of this, I bought a pass to nearby Bodytech gym, but this was expensive and I wish Marriott's own gym was better.

There are other weaknesses.

Regarding the room, there are no openable windows. I like to have a little fresh air, and after six days at the hotel, got tired of the canned air in the hotel.

The workspace area could be larger. Wireless internet is very poor and unacceptable for business purposes, though they charge extra for it. You have to plug into the system to get decent (though not good) internet reception, but the desk is not close to the outlet - this means you have to ask maintenance for a longer cord, which they provide.

My serious complaint regards room service, but this may only be because I have special dietary needs. I am a diabetic and ordered a meal that took 45 minutes to arrive, but was incorrect and required another 45 minutes. Because I had injected insulin, this created a health issue for me. I received no courtesy for the inconvenience.

The Charleston is a smaller, boutique hotel. It does not have the big hotel buzz that the Marriott does, and does not have the amenities (spa, pool, steam room and so on). But the rooms are twice as big, just as nice, service is superb, foods is outstanding, rooms have openable windows, and it is in a much better location. I think the Charleston is better than the Marriott overall.

, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment. We would really like to know if you stayed at the JW Marriott Bogota, on 73rd st or Marriott Bogota, near the airport on 26th ave. We need this information to address your comments in a proper manner. Due to Tripadvisor policies we cannot provide contact information, or ask you to provide it so, if you consider it important please find a way to contact us referring to this comment.

Thank you so much again and hope to hear back from you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Highly recommended! I've stayed at several different chain hotels in the city, but my first option is always the Marriott bogota. It has very nice rooms, nice bathrooms, clean and modern. Is even better if you get the executive rooms (floors 8 n up), even if it's just an upgrade. The staff is great and so is the overall service. The breakfast is really good.
The location is another advantage, unless you need to go to the financial center, which is on the other side of the city (and traffic is a pain). But you have nice restaurants within walking distance, and the mall gran estacion is less than 10 mins in taxi (btw taxis are cheap in bogota).

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Quality_ManagerBOG, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear RCandle.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your traveler opinion.
It is a pleasure for us to know that your first option for stay in Bogota is our hotel. Our rooms are clean and modern as you said; but the rooms of the 9th and 10th floors are Concierge Rooms. Concierge rooms grant you access to the Executive Lounge, where you can find a hot and cold buffet breakfast served from 6:00 am to 10:30 am and from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm the canapés. As you mentioned, the surrounding area have many restaurants and two malls within walking distance. We have it all!
We hope to know from you soon to have the pleasure to serve you again.

Been to Bogota Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!