“I would never stay here again, not in a billion years!” 1 of 5 stars

Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota
Calle 11 No. 01 - 38 | Candelaria, Bogota 11001, Colombia (La Candelaria)   |
Ranked #6 of 147 Specialty Lodging in Bogota
Belgium
“I would never stay here again, not in a billion years!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in over 300 rooms while travelling, and this hostel stands out easily, although not on the positive side...

We had made a reservation for a double room, but when checking in we were shown a shoebox sized room with a bunkbed and no windows. When they saw our disappoinment we were told we could transfer to another room, but that one was 55% more expensive!
Since it was already dark and this is not the safest area to wander around (most of the streets in La Candelaria are deserted by 7 pm), we took the small room.

Before we went to bed we asked for an extra blanket and they gave us ... those small airline blankets (mine was from Lufthansa, my wife had the honour to receive one from Alitalia)! Obviously, these blankets were barely enough to keep us warm.

They have a well equiped kitchen, but the dining area is situated in an open air courtyard, and in Bogotá is always cold at night and often rainy, so...

The first night they turned off the music at 10 pm, so we were looking forward to a quiet night. But...we misjudged, again.
The staff (3 young girls) were talking and giggling till 03.30 am, till we asked them if they could be a bit quieter. Their answer? "Do you want us to be quiet???"! My wife:"Well I know it's only 03.30 am, but we would like to sleep!"
Luckily, they shut up and we were able to sleep till 06.45 am when they began again...

The second day there was a big soccer game and the girls (the same ones!) invited all there friends to watch the game and to party. And, like everywhere in the world, when people are drunk they start yelling and singing out of tone! It was like staying in a salsa bar...
But around 10 pm, the young guy who was the responsible that evening kicked everybody out!

Of course, it's not all negative! There are also some positive points:
- very hot showers (!)
- lockers
- well equiped communal kitchen
- simple breakfast provided
- perfect location, only three minutes to the Botero Museum
- the last morning the cleaning lady made a very tasty pineapple juice!

So, maybe you're wondering where all those positive reviews are coming from?
Maybe because of the blackboard with following text: "Do you want a free beer? Write about your experience and show (!) us your review"...

• Stayed September 2013
German C, Owner at Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi,
First of all I want to apologize my team and I for not being at all at your level. We are very sorry that you had such a bad experience.

Every single negative thing that you mentioned will be taken care of. Some of the things are easier to fix than others, mainly the type of room that we could of give you, not allowing you sleep, and giving you basic blankets instead of something warmer is something that we can fix immediately.

Unfortunately the design of the house doesn't allow us to give you keep the patio warmer area for dining, although the Bar is always comfortable, dry and available anytime.

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Improving and making out of the hostel a place for having a better experience is what makes us what we are. I hope we get the chance to make it up to you and your wife and show you another face of Bogota and Colombia.

Happy roads and let us know if there is anything that we can do beyond the hostel walls.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Medellin, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I loved destino nomada, I felt that I could rest all I wanted and relax. The clean of the dorms and bathrooms it´s excellent and the attention on the lobby it´s so friendly . it´s nice The place itself...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
German C, Owner at Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Sebastian. We are very thankful for your comments about the hostel. We try to upgrade the idea of backpacking by offering comfortable and clean facilities next to all the environment that you could be expecting in a hostel.

We encourage you to come over and enjoy our place on your next visit to Bogota. All the best and keep on travelling.
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

DN is a beautiful hostel with the perfect location to discover historic downtown Bogota. I arrived at the hostel to stay for a week and have been here 7 months! The staff is so friendly, helpful, and caring they have become like a family to me. Their bbqs on fridays are so fun and they also serve the best mojitos! Yuum! It's clean, the kitchen is very well equipped, they have 2 tv rooms, lots of good restaurants within walking distance...it's just the right place to be. The hostel is usually busy during the weekends and more relaxed during the week. Also found really cool that there have been a couple of young families who have stayed with their children and the kids have so much fun here as well. Cool hostel in every way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Afrika
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hostel was my first hostel in Bogota and I loved it. The staffs are really friendly and helpful. Destino Nomada makes you feel like it's your home away from home. The BBQ party is going on every friday and it was mucho delicioso y rico! This hostel made me love Bogota even more. The atmosphere and vibes are great and welcoming. If I come to Bogota again, I will visit here. They have good wifi and computers and I love the bar inside of the hostel. The owner was a backpacker as well and he knows what travelers want and need.
muy muy muy muy bien y excellente me gusta mucho!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
German C, Owner at Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hey Mate. Thanks for you awesome comment. I wish that you keep on enjoying your trip and keep on discovering Colombia. Take care and Hope to hear from you soon!!!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for several days and the staff is amazing. They are so friendly and fun. They were so helpful in helping us make plans, reserve a van to take us to Andres Carne de Res, etc. My friend and I both left things there accidentally, and they sent two separate packages to us in Medellin, totally going out of their way to help us out. The room and beds are fine, the bathroom, especially downstairs were the most comfortable and the showers are hot!! This is a great hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hey Jess,

Thanks for your comments, We really appreciated that you enjoy DN, Enjoy the rest of your trip and let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help you. Happy roads!!!
Kaufbeuren, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

the hostel is a nice solucion for relaxing and enjoing bogota on a quiet way! the stuff is very friendly, sympathy and helpfull! i was heer for four nights and had no problems. the breakfast is very simple but good. I can recommand it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Freedom, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Its a really nice hostel - nice location, awesome stuff, close to the center but relaxed! Its also a safe place so you can enjoy your stay at max!!

I stayed there like 2 months and really enjoyed everyday!!

There are thousands of things to see - partying, bars, restaurants, shopping, nature - guadalupe, montserrate, get some bikes, go on travelling, .... everything is pretty close and yeah!

Clean, excellent, friendly,...

And the best - you can enjoy the rana game haha!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota? Share your experiences!