“great :-)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 127 Specialty lodging in Bogota
Kaufbeuren, Germany
“great :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

the hostel is a nice solucion for relaxing and enjoing bogota on a quiet way! the stuff is very friendly, sympathy and helpfull! i was heer for four nights and had no problems. the breakfast is very simple but good. I can recommand it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Freedom, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Its a really nice hostel - nice location, awesome stuff, close to the center but relaxed! Its also a safe place so you can enjoy your stay at max!!

I stayed there like 2 months and really enjoyed everyday!!

There are thousands of things to see - partying, bars, restaurants, shopping, nature - guadalupe, montserrate, get some bikes, go on travelling, .... everything is pretty close and yeah!

Clean, excellent, friendly,...

And the best - you can enjoy the rana game haha!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The DN was the perfect choice for our stay in Bogota. My friend who I was traveling with had a few hiccups on the way from Chicago, so I was on my own for a few days. The staff at the DN was incredibly helpful, they directed me so that I was able to see and do everything I had planned. And I speak very, very little Spanish so their help was doubly appreciated. The hostel itself was super clean and comfortable. Not to mention waking up to some of the best views in Bogota! Our time in Bogota was perfection because we choose to stay there. I’d recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
German C, Guest Relations Manager at Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hey Madelaine,

Thank you for your kind message. We are glad that everything went well for you and that you had a wonderful experience.

We look forward to see you again!!!
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at DM in December at beginning of my trip and then returned in Jan. Staff were always super lovely, friendly and accommodating - it felt like I was staying with a Colombian family!
Location is good (however note that the street is under construction so taxis can't drop you in front of the hostel) - couple of blocks from Plaza Bolívar and carrera 7.
Hot water is OK ...
Beds super comfy and warm!
Currently having some issues with wifi (due to construction) - however they can off you a computer if needed.
Lovely experience- highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012
German C, Guest Relations Manager at Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hey caro, thanks for your lovely Message. We were very excited about having you over and share your Tico Spanish. Pura Vida!

The street was under construction for a long time, but everything went well and everything is looking renewed and nice. We had the chance to paint the hostel and to do some changes to innovate on the experience that we are trying to share with all our nomads.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and we will looking forward to see you again.

Best regards!
German
Willemstad, Curacao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It looks like a good location to explore la candalaria and the main square. Place looks like a party hostel kinda. Unfortunatly when I arrived at like 7 AM in the morning they told me that they gave my reserved room away to somebody else as I was only staying one night and that person came the da before me and booked it for 3 days. I can understand that you prefer someone staying longer but it is not fair to me especially not informing me and having me to come all the way to the hostel for nothing. The staff were also not really assisting in finding another place or advising where to go so there I was at 7 AM walking around with my suitcase in Bogota. In a big city were I have not been before. .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We booked a double room, but when we got there we got a (2-3 person) dorm room with bunk beds as a private room. We weren't happy with it, they should have provided a better description of the room online. The staff were very nice though and after 2 days in that room they changed us to a real double room which became available (price was higher for that room so we had to pay extra). The location is ok, but a bit up the hill, further than most other hostels in Candelaria.
Wifi wasn't working well most of the time, we had lots of trouble struggling to make some bookings as every other minute the internet stopped working (and we were downstairs very close to the router).
In the weekend the shared bathroom didn't get much cleaned and not toilet paper put there.
The only good thing about the place were the staff which were really nice and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at the Destino Nomada Hostel for 2 nights and were impressed by the friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are simple, clean and a good value. It was an easy walk to any place in La Candalaria and easy to walk to the bus lines to go anywhere north in the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Destino Nomada - DnHostel Bogota? Share your experiences!