“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 242 Hotels in Bogota
Quito, Ecuador
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed in the Estelar Suite Jones for two nights in late November. First of all I have to say that Hotels in Bogota are a bit expensive if you compare the prices with countries like Venezuela, Ecuador or Peru, but if you are looking for a good hotel located in a very nice neighborhood then Estelar Suite Jones is a great Option. It is located about 20-30 minutes from El Dorado Airport and 15 minutes from the business and commercial zones.

I paid $300 for 2 nights (through hotels.com, if you look at the hotel’s page the price is much expensive). The room I got was really big, it was very clean and well maintained, the bathroom was clean and big also, even though the hotel is near a main avenue in Bogota (Carrera 7) I didn’t hear any noise, so I slept very well. Service is great, all the staff is very kind and polite. I had just some problems with Internet at night, I am not sure if I was too far from the access point but It was not a big issue.

Overall I rate this hotel with 5 stars because of its great service (staff very kind), great room (clean and big), good location (near G Zone and T Zone, where you can find restaurants, bars and shopping malls). I really recommend this hotel.

Best Regards

Diego

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Services and standards can change at hotels due to management and employee changes, which is why I am writing a review of a hotel which I have reviewed several times before.

Some of the staff have changed however the service is consistently great. Housekeeping are always there to clean the room when it is convenient for the customer. I often stay out late and sleep all morning and afternoon and they are right there to clean the room anyway.

Laundry service is quick and efficient. Room service is excellent. The Bellboys are very knowledgeable and can help you out with just about anything. I did not use the hotel gym so I cannot comment on it, however Bodytech is right up the street less than 2 blocks away. The neighbourhood is safe at all hours, although the staff will warn you to be careful when it is quiet (late night). I never felt uncomfortable.

There are many great hotels in Bogota however Suites Jones is my favourite due to it's location and quality of facilities and services. The rooms are large and comfortable.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
John Jairo J, Director Comercial at Hotel Estelar Suites Jones, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear guest

We have not received advice from you, I wonder when you returns to Bogota, we expect to receive you again in the Estelar Suites Jones.

Thaks for writing
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The rooms are huge- I was there on 2 occasions in May and both rooms were long as bowling alleys.. The hotel is comfortable, efficient, good service in lobby and bellboys and taxis.
The restaurant needs improvement- in the land of Juan Valdez its amazing how one can serve such watery coffee. Also during the breakfast when ordering bacon for the eggs, the order just was forgotten (twice).
But not a big problem...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

My girlfriend and I (Americans) had an excellent 2 night stay at this hotel. The hotel was even gracious enough to allow us to check in almost 6 hours early since our flight arrived at 6AM. No charge. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was nicely renovated. The location was good too--right on a main strip with some shops and restaurants. Cabs are very cheap in Bogota so it's only a $5USD cab ride to the old part of the city and a $3 to the very chic part of the city, near the Andino Mall and Parque 93.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
H-Estelar, E-commerce Manager at Hotel Estelar Suites Jones, responded to this review, November 27, 2009
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Estelar Suites Jones. We are very pleased to read your review and learn that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your comments which are very important to us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back next time.
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor i decided on this hotel , it was a wise choice.
Location was good Carulla supermarket close by and a short cab ride to most
places , Zona Rosa, Hacienda Santa Barbara, Andino Mall.

Jesica and Aura in recption were great ,so was Ricardo the Bell Boy who speaks
english. I always took taxis from the hotel { white} very reasonable to get about
except for a few rides on the bus { 1200 cop }which was a great adventure.

I had a room on the fifth floor facing the street was was very noisy at night ,due
to single glazing and not closing properly. Changed my room next day no
problem, both rooms were really big the biggest ive had in South America.

Had break fast on the patio most mornings paid extra for it approx $6 us the
hotel did not have a city tour so i took a taxi to Candelaria $3..50 us and had
an amazing tour on my own ............. must see Botero museo ........ Museo de Oro
Museo de Moneda took the bus back to the hotel got off at calle 61 ,had a
great day.

Checked out the Emerald stores but did'nt buy as you have to know more
about the stones than i do, still its a good opportunity to practice Spanish.

After 4 days in Bogota and the Embassy Suites Jones i was a little sad to leave
this was my first visit to Bogota and grew to like it more each day.

The hotel was very good value for the money and the staff i met were always
pleasant, also free internet use.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
H-Estelar, E-commerce Manager at Hotel Estelar Suites Jones, responded to this review, November 5, 2009
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us at Estelar Suites Jones. We keep on working hard to provide our guests an excellent experience during their stay. Hoteles Estelar is very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and didn´t want to leave us. We would like to invite you to visit us in other destinantions where we can provide you the same excellent Estelar service.
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

Suites Jones Bogota is located in an excellent area of the city and is a short cab ride to just about anywhere of interest. The suites are large and comfortable and the service is exceptional. The hotel is very well maintained and spotlessly clean. Security is excellent and your privacy is respected.

Room service only takes approximately 20 -30 minutes and the food is excellent. All the employees go out of their way to assist guests in any way possible and are very knowledgeable of the city and tourist sites. My Spanish is not very good and I have difficulties communicating on the phone, however Alex (Bellman) went out of his way to assist me with phone calls and arrangements for hotel cars or taxis.

An added bonus is complimentary access to the BodyTech gym which is a block away. It is a great gym with excellent facilities including cardio and weight machines and alot of free weights.

Overall Suites Jones is an excellent value for your money and is a real contender in a city with many excellent choices for hotels. I will definitely return on my next visit and I would highly recommend the Suites Jones to anyone visiting Bogota for business or pleasure.

• Liked — Large comfortable suites
  • Disliked — Nothing. Everything was in great working order and the service was terrific!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear guest

We appreciate and value your positive feedback which we use to improve our day to day service.

Be advised that we pay attention to its recommendations and have worked with all our service personnel to have a positive impact on service.

We hope to see you again in our Hotel.

Thanks for writing

Been to Hotel Estelar Suites Jones? Share your experiences!