This review is long dew but it would be a sin not to thank such wonderful hospitality. LIke many others visiting Bogota, i was skeptical about hotels and since I was not looking for hostel type accommodation or expensive hotels in Parque 93 area, i chose Casa Paulina based on tripadvisor reviews. I stayed there for almost 1.5 months !! And was offered great care and made to feel at home, even though I did not pay all the money upfront and barely spoke Spanish.
Some key merits -
1. Airport pickup - Dorris arragend for airport pick up beforehand via email and even though because of a small misunderstanding I took a taxi on my own to the hotel. She did not penalize me or ask for money for sending the other cab to pick me up,
2. Cleanliness - Every day the hotel maids would politely come and knock the door and even put up with my schedule ( i would be on calls for business etc) and they would come later to work . They did a spotless job and NEVER expected any tips etc., though i ended tip them at the end of my stay.
3. Helper guy - I wish i could recall his name , he comes to work on bicycle and does all house keeping errands. This cheerful guy was so helpful that he went out of his way to help me get a gym membership at a gym next door (he helped me translate). believe me no 5 star hotel has such staff. Again no expectation of reward, sheer goodwill.
4. Dorris and Paulina - They would go great length, even use google translate service to understand what I was asking for -- whether it was salsa class, the number of days i was saying etc..anything.
5. Laundry service - they would be willing to wash my clothes in the hotel laundry at short notice. again very handy
6. Taxi - Every time I stepped out to catch a taxi, the hotel staff would take down the taxi number, as a precaution in case am missing or kidnapped. Who does that these days ? Once i was way too late to come back to the hotel, the next day Dorris got worried and like a guardian she asked me if I was ok and everything is fine.
All in all, wonderful hospitality and personal care, affordable and clean. Given all this I kept extending my stay by a week 5 times !! So what if the rooms are small, the walls a little thin or there is no cafeteria in the hotel.
Choose the rooms that are not facing the road
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.