“Located nice and convenient neighborhood, Very clean, comfortable. Professional staffs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel LP Columbus

Save Saved
You added Hotel LP Columbus to your Saves list
Hotel LP Columbus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Illimani 1990 | Esquina Plaza Stadium, La Paz 5432, Bolivia   |
Ranked #17 of 72 hotels in La Paz
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

It located 20 minutes away by bus (it cost 20 cents) from San Fransico Plaza and Mullio Plaza but located quiet and nice neighborhood. There are big intersection and many public transportation few steps away from the hotel. Hotel looks newly renovated. It has morden interior and clean. Rooms are clean and quiet and comfortable. Hotel has special promotion; if guest stay 2 nights then one night is free. Staffs speak good English and friendly and attentive. Police stays at the lobby over night. when friend of mine left for airport at 4:30 AM I went street to get taxi and say good bye to her. I turned around to go to hotel and found out police came for us and stayed until my friend took taxi and followed behind me until I came back to hetel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Columbus, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for enjoying our 3X2 promotion.

Regards,
Roxana

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Hotel LP Columbus is a cozy place. I was in one of the Suites and I recommend it at you. The bed is very comfortable and the room is spacious, with a good TV with cable connection. Everything is decorated like a European hotel of minimalist style. The negatives: The hotel is opposite the national soccer stadium, so sometimes there is noise and access roads to the hotel are closed to vehicles. In that case you should walk to the hotel. The neighborhood is not very nice, but it's not terrible. There are fast food restaurants within one block. The hotel has only one elevator, which is small and only goes to the fourth floor. The suites are on the fifth floor, so you will need to get them up the stairs. The service is good, but the breakfast is pretty basic.
Overall it is a good alternative by the price!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The suite I stayed in was nice and big. The bed was very comfertable with really nice sheats. They had bathrobes which was lovely and the showere had great pressure and lots of hot water. I booked this hotel through hotels.com and it clearly stated that it had a bath, which was the main reason as to why I booked it. Sore body after quite a lot of site seeing and treaking over the past few months, so I decieded to treat my self. I was very dissapointed to find I had been given a suite without a bath. Also a few other problems arose throughout the night that made me very unhappy. I made a complaint to management and upon my check out the Hotel manager Roxanne and the destk cleark Veronica took the time to talk me through the issues. They apoligised about the wrong room explaining that they had not recieved the infomation about the spa bath request, and apoligised about the other problems that arose. They went over and above to make up for it, even providing me with a free lunch and free taxi to the airport. One main thing I have noticed in South Americia is that they do not really care about service and if you are not happy they do not care, and also alot of the time you feel like you are being ripped off as they veiw a lot of gringos as rich. This was most certainly not the issue here. Roxanne and Verionica seemed quite concerend that my stay did not met my expetctions. This sometimes happens, but the way they delt with it was hugely proffesional and would deffently stay here again, and recomend them to other people.

Room Tip: Try not using a third party to book this hotel if you want something specific, or if you do maybe co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

When we booked the LP Columbus the day before our arrival, I neglected to look at the location and proximity to the football stadium. We were surprised to find the place quiet, centrally located - cheap taxis anywhere - friendly and courteous service. Their laundry service is excellent, as well as providing radio taxis upon departure to any if the three bus terminals. It suited our travel and provided a great Continental breakfast. The big plus was the Wi-Fi everywhere in the hotel! I would highly recommend the LP Columbus to anyone traveling to La Paz.

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Maybe we got the rough end of the deal but I got the distinct impression that all rooms are the same. Our room was tiny, very basic with worn carpet and tired furniture and paintwork. The bathroom was very tired and when you turned the tap on in the basin, the bathroom floor flooded.

We had a very early flight so we decided to go to the hotel restaurant for a quick and simple meal. We ordered one spaghetti carbonara and one spaghetti alfredo. However, we waited an hour for the food to arrive and, when it did, the pasta was still not cooked and both sauces were just a gelatinous, clear, tasteless slop on the top of the pasta. The food was totally inedible.

When we came to check out and pay our bill, we had a further unpleasant experience as the receptionist refused to honour the 20% discount on our booking that we had through an offer on the hotel's website. The receptionist insisted that we were lying and had not booked through the website (despite the 20% offer being attached to the paperwork that the hotel had prepared for our check out) because the confirmation said "powered by Hostelworld" on it. We explained to her that this was the site that runs the hotel's website but she said that this was not true and that we had booked through a third party.

Also, the area around the hotel is not very nice and you are at least 10 minutes walk from the city centre. This is not a walk that can be done at night and does not feel very safe in the day either.

All in all this was a very unpleasant experience and I would recommend that everyone avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Columbus, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest
All the rooms we have are the same as in the pictures, but there are 2 different kind of Rooms, the Suites and the LP rooms, probably you saw the Suites pictures.
The discount you mention, in the ticket say that you must show the coupon at the Check In, because this rate is an special rate and have a different code in our system.Although when you came back to the Hotel 2 days later, our Front desk Manager gives you the money (20%) back.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Bolivia was most enjoyable.
Roxana
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at the LP Hoteles Columbus for 2 weeks whilst in La Paz for business. I stayed in a suite on the 6th floor which was very well appointed and comfortable.
Most importantly I found all the hotel staff to be extremely polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floor offer better views. However please note that If you stay on the 6th floor you have to w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is IMHO a poor choice for staying in La Paz. The area around it is not slums, but is lower class overall, lacks any sights and tourist infrastructure - as in, there are no restaurants nearby, transport connections, and no reason to be in that area whatsoever (unless you are visiting the city for a sporting event - the stadium is literally next door). Bed was uncomfortable, room was cold, bathroom small, breakfast poor. Though the service personnel was not able to give basic information (as in, any decent places to eat nearby, where is a decent shopping center (did not get a suitcase, needed supplies), they were very friendly and trying to be helpful as much as possible (that's why 2 instead of 1 stars). They are not well trained to assist international tourists, but are genuinely willing to help. They also did pick us up at the airport for an additional fee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel LP Columbus? Share your experiences!