“Fantastic and novel walking tour with wonderful guide, loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 33 Tours & Activities in La Paz
More attraction details
Owner description: La Paz on Foot offers a diverse range of walks, hikes and treks in the Central Andes, including Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. Specializing in the natural and cultural history of this fascinating region, La Paz on Foot offers innovative programs, from half-day Urban Treks to multi-day cross-country treks and cultural tours. Recommended by Lonely Planet, Footprint, Rough Guides and others! For the best tours and treks, go with La Paz on Foot!
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic and novel walking tour with wonderful guide, loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Exceptional walking tour of La Paz's murals, which weave a potent tale of Bolivia's political and historical intrigue and the impact thereof on contemporary society. Wonderful to "walk the talk" as it were and learn about the living history and memory of the country and refreshingly different from sitting on a tour bus. Gabriela, my guide, was super knowledgeable, engaging and passionate about interpreting the murals and their social context. There's also a lovely (and delicious!) surprise snuck into the middle of the tour which I shall not ruin for you - except to say it is unmissable (and yummy) ! Highly recommended if you want something different from the normal rut of city tours.

Visited April 2012

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Overall Good but One Negative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We took 2 tours with La Paz On Foot. Overall they are a good company and I will emphasis the positives first. The one negative, which I will mention last, is the reason I wouldn't use them again.

Urban Trek of La Paz - a 1/2 day walking tour from El Alto down to the center of La Paz. Our guide was enthusiastic, interesting and made the experience memorable. Snacks are included in the tour and the guide chooses them. Hers were foods that "said" Bolivia and were fun to try.

Lake Titicaca - again we had an interesting, helpful, well-organized guide who we learned a lot about Bolivia from. When we wanted to adjust our itinerary once we reached the Lake she instantly had a great suggestion. (We took a 1/2 day walk from Copacabana through the village of Sampaya , the views of Island of the Sun & Moon were fantastic - I highly recommend this trek). Our driver was also excellent. He drove cautiously over the winding curves and I was even able to relax and enjoy the views.

Now for the one negative. Right before we left on our second tour I questioned one item that was not included in our tour but was included in their website. The answer wasn't that important (I still would have gone on the tour) it was the fact that they never acknowledged my inquiry. Before they received payment I would receive a quick email back. After the trip I included my inquiry on the trip evaluation form and and again after several weeks no response. A professional company acknowledges all inquiries, not just the ones they want.

Visited August 2011