“Our daily lunch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sabor Cubano

Sabor Cubano
357 Sagarnaga Street between Illampu and Linares, San Sebastian Area, La Paz 357, Bolivia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 237 Restaurants in La Paz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: I think it's fairly new, right in the center of the tourist street. Don't know what else to add.... we stumbled on it when we found the place we wanted to go to had closed
London, United Kingdom
“Our daily lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My friend and I had Spanish classes a few doors down from this little place and so we used to visit daily for lunch. This says a lot about the food itself!! The juices were delicious and fresh every time, I sampled most of them, but my favourite was the lemonade.
On a couple of days we ordered from the main menu, the food was always hot and tasted great, but our favourite in terms of value and indeed flavour were the sandwiches!
The staff were always friendly and quick to serve us and the restaurant was often busy so we were happy to wait a little for our food/drinks.
Definitely check this place out whether you want a small or a large lunch. I´m just sad I never went for dinner and the live Cuban music!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent cheap food in convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Visited for lunch before an afternoon of sightseeing. I ordered the pork and avocado toasted sandwich which was fantastic! Could have eaten another one easily. Very good value at Bs20.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cant stop thinking about the lamb dish!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Such a pleasant surprise in the heart of la Paz. The lamb dish was melt in your mouth. Definitely visit this place if you are in la Paz.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing sandwich!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had the best sandwich ever here. Good cocktails too. And cheap! Cool decor. We went early so missed the music, but would recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was in La Paz for 4 days earlier this year and my friend and I ate here 4 times! Really great food, loved the meat, the flavours, the decor, the cassava - everything. I would almost come back to La Paz for this food...or maybe I should just go to Cuba :P

Visited May 2012