“Very Nice Place To Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
New Caney, Texas
“Very Nice Place To Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

we stayed 3 nights here and really enjoyed our stay. we booked the room w/ the hot tub which was beautiful, maid service came each day to change out towels, etc, the hot breakfast bar had alot of choices and ran from 6am to 9am. We didn't take advantage of the pool or the hot tub, but the atrium is gorgeous, lots of things for kids to do including video games, swimming, hot tubs, and a nice restaurant. There is a bar also. We will stay here again when visiting family in ark city.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Manhattan, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The hotel is closely located to the Winfield Bluegrass Festival (about 10 minute drive to Ark City from Winfield,KS). The lobby is decorated very nicely and leads into an open atrium with trees, pool, spa, and dining area. They do serve breakfast, but service was pretty minimal and grumpy. Then again, I would be too if I worked a morning shift. Food was fine. Rooms are nice an comfortable, but the hotel is older, so don't look too closely in the corners. This time we stayed in an outside facing room in rear (towards parking lot) and it was really quiet. Last year we stayed in a room off inner courtyard and it was slightly noisier with people coming and going from atrium.

If going to the Bluegrass Festival, and not camping, this is a really good choice to stay. Their cancellation policy (at this time) is 24 hours in advance. Not true with Winfield hotels (6 mo cancellation at most!). BUT MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY...like one year in advance.

• Stayed September 2011
Arkansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

my father stay 3 days there for a wedding even he loved how clean the room was the staff was very respectful especialythe housekepeer we left them 3 $ the first night for them they didn't take it i was there the second days we left it againg on the bed and still was there. I had to give it to her in her hand. bottom line the room and hotel service is great a little expensive

• Stayed April 2011
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I have been working in this area since November of 2010. I stayed in three different chain hotels in the Winfield/Ark City area before coming here. When I checked in the first time, I knew this would be home base during my time working in the area. The staff is extremely friendly and have gone out of their way to make my time away from home more pleasant. If I have need of anything or a special request, it is taken care of quickly and with a friendly smile. Instead of the typical bagels and donuts for breakfast, they have scrambled eggs, sausage links, gravy and biscuits, yogurt, cereal, waffles, etc. I guarantee you won't get that for a "free" breakfast at any of the other places in this area. This is the ONLY place I would recommend in the area. They are still in the process of remodeling because it is an older facility, but it is hands down the ONLY place I will stay as long as I am working in this area.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms in the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Where do I start? Rude clerks, corridor door did not lock, no restaurant as stated.
Best of all I awoke to find no shower and had to get on my knees to wash my hair, and take a "sponge" bath. When compaining upon check out, clerk was rude once more, and no manager was "available". Nasty experience. I chose this hotel because of Best Western affiliation and BW made it right, but it didn't change the experience.
If you find yourself in Ark City, as it's called. bail out of the Atrium Inn!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Arkansas City hotels

Harrisonville, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We went to Ark City to stay for their Annual Renaissance Festival. When we came in the service was prompt and we were given a key card to the room. Our room was right in front of the hot tub on the lower level. When we crossed through I noticed that the water in the pool was very cloudy. Almost to a disturbing level. Unfortunately when you have young children and the pool is directly in front of the room the chances of avoiding the pool are slim to none. The room was fine. Typical hotel room. Nothing overly special and nothing bad enough to keep us from coming back. The breakfast was horrible. But the juice machine is kept running all the time so if the kids are thirsty you can just fill up a cup and give them some not just in the morning. Would I stay there again? Probably. Just because its where we have always stayed and is the hotel I remember as a child. Would I stay there without the history....I would probably try out some different hotels. I don't know if any others are any better.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Myrtel beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I visit every once a year in blue grass festival. I love this place all time Friendly staff and good service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Arkansas City? Share your experiences!