“beutiful and nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
Arkansas City, Kansas
“beutiful and nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

my father stay 3 days there for a wedding even he loved how clean the room was the staff was very respectful especialythe housekepeer we left them 3 $ the first night for them they didn't take it i was there the second days we left it againg on the bed and still was there. I had to give it to her in her hand. bottom line the room and hotel service is great a little expensive

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I have been working in this area since November of 2010. I stayed in three different chain hotels in the Winfield/Ark City area before coming here. When I checked in the first time, I knew this would be home base during my time working in the area. The staff is extremely friendly and have gone out of their way to make my time away from home more pleasant. If I have need of anything or a special request, it is taken care of quickly and with a friendly smile. Instead of the typical bagels and donuts for breakfast, they have scrambled eggs, sausage links, gravy and biscuits, yogurt, cereal, waffles, etc. I guarantee you won't get that for a "free" breakfast at any of the other places in this area. This is the ONLY place I would recommend in the area. They are still in the process of remodeling because it is an older facility, but it is hands down the ONLY place I will stay as long as I am working in this area.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms in the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Where do I start? Rude clerks, corridor door did not lock, no restaurant as stated.
Best of all I awoke to find no shower and had to get on my knees to wash my hair, and take a "sponge" bath. When compaining upon check out, clerk was rude once more, and no manager was "available". Nasty experience. I chose this hotel because of Best Western affiliation and BW made it right, but it didn't change the experience.
If you find yourself in Ark City, as it's called. bail out of the Atrium Inn!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Harrisonville, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We went to Ark City to stay for their Annual Renaissance Festival. When we came in the service was prompt and we were given a key card to the room. Our room was right in front of the hot tub on the lower level. When we crossed through I noticed that the water in the pool was very cloudy. Almost to a disturbing level. Unfortunately when you have young children and the pool is directly in front of the room the chances of avoiding the pool are slim to none. The room was fine. Typical hotel room. Nothing overly special and nothing bad enough to keep us from coming back. The breakfast was horrible. But the juice machine is kept running all the time so if the kids are thirsty you can just fill up a cup and give them some not just in the morning. Would I stay there again? Probably. Just because its where we have always stayed and is the hotel I remember as a child. Would I stay there without the history....I would probably try out some different hotels. I don't know if any others are any better.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Myrtel beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I visit every once a year in blue grass festival. I love this place all time Friendly staff and good service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Leavenworth, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

This is a case of people overcharging for their hotel and having a false sense of exclusiveness. When I walked-in at 3pm, there was no one at the front desk and I had to wait for approximately 5 minutes before someone came to the desk. The employee couldn't find my reservation and then gave me a key that didn't work. she then blamed the computer for doing it wrong and when I finally got him my sauna (room) it was so hot it was miserable. The A/C did not work properly and I set it as high as it would go while I went to dinner. With the room somewhat comfortable when I returned I realized the shower did not drain properly so I stood in 4" of water while I showered. The bed was very uncomfortable and the room was musty and had weird odors. Managed to get through the night and when I checked out the next morning it was the same girl working the counter. She checked me out but could not figure out how to print a copy of my receipt. I settled for a xerox copy of the folio and departed with no intention of returning. Ridiculously high priced for poor service and quality.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Let me preface this by saying I am a traveler that travels about 50-75% of every month. I have stayed in the good, bad and ugly. This was BY FAR the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I arrived as a business traveler to a business center that couldn't print anything so I had to write out my schedule by hand every day. My room was atrocious and smelled like urine. It was about 90 degrees when I got there and that on top of the smell made the first impression just lovely. I had to buy air freshener to make the hotel even bearable. The atrium looks like it rolled out of 1989, is un-air conditioned and is dark. I was without internet until 10:00 one night and to top it all off, everything is unmistakably dirty- the bathroom, sheets, floors...so gross. Do yourself a favor and stay in Winfield.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Arkansas City? Share your experiences!