A stunning setting amongst the woodlands, set 2km back from the beach off the main road (45mins and $55 from the airport).
Beautiful 7 room luxury B&B with cool pool and hot tub. We stayed for 4 nights on our honeymoon. The junior suite was lovely, but we had to move as the bed was too small. The master suite lacked ambience, but at least we slept.
1. Make sure you rent a car or a scooter otherwise you're stuffed. It's miles from anywhere and taxis are tough and expensive.
2. The place would have been perfect if it was not for the fact that only Dolores (owner) spoke English and she was never around and when she was it all seemed a bit of an effort. The other staff however were lovely - but we could not communicate.
3. The breakfasts were good. There is a bar area and a nice boutique main sitting room. The limited kitchen menu was awful (frozen pizza etc).
All in all it was not what we had hoped for our honeymoon, however looking around the local area of Punta (which is a total hole), it's the best of the bunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolores`s exclusive Home resort in Punta del Este. Located in a vast extension of land, surrounded by beautiful scenes, near the best beaches. Enjoy our Posada for romantic gateaways, family reunions and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Posada de Piedra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Piedra Hotel Punta Del Este