“Best way to get some great knowledge about Punta del Este” 5 of 5 stars

+598 99 591 519
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: BIKE TOURS - PUNTA DEL ESTEGuided Bike Tours in aluminium bikes with 21 gears to visit the most important places in Punta del Este to enjoy its natural beauty while cycling and enjoying the fresh air of this unique luxurious and peaceful seaside resort.We tour with a maximum of 14 tourits to enjoy the views and be part of it. All the tours are guided by a tourist guide that offers detailed information of the areas, monuments, historical places visited while also practicing sports.Punta del Este is a flat area, therefore there is no extreme physical demand on this ride that lasts between 1.30hr to 2.00hs to go round.Bike Tours Uruguay offers different tours to choose. To complete the service, we also include: helmets with UV protection as well as still bottled water.Contact us on our website and we will be happy to answer your questions or book a place for you in our tours.BIKE TOURS IS OPEN DAILY FROM EVERY DECEMBER 1st TO MARCH 30TH, the rest of the year, at weekends or with advance bookings.Please email us before for a proper coordination and to prevent you to be left without space in our tours.
Calgary, Canada
“Best way to get some great knowledge about Punta del Este”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

One if the easiest reviews i have written.

I have to say, Alicia is fantastic as a tour guide. I booked a tour in English and it was excellent. I am learning Spanish so she mixed in some help there!

Not only was she prompt, ready with bike, helmet, and water....it was a beautiful, sunny +30 C day, but she spent a great deal of time showing me all the great points of interest on the Pennisula.

I want to thank Alicia very much for the great ride. I will be sure to book again next time I visit Punta del Este as I am sure there is still plenty more to learn.

Alicia's tour is an easy ride, no need to be a professional cyclist. Just bring a good attitude and you will have a great experience! Excellent for people who want a fun way to learn what to see on your trip. Highly recommend! Oh, also her fee is really great considering she provides the bike, helmet, vest and water. Would be close to three times the price in Canada or the US.

Don

Visited December 2013
BIKETOURS02, Propietario at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi!!

Thanks a lot for your kind and lovely comment. Really happy that you have enjoyed our tour as much as I did with you.

Wish we can have you back again soon.

Enjoy your time! keep biking!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great tour and a wonderful day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

A fantastic tour. Alicia picked us up at our hotel and brought us to the start of the tour. The bikes were comfortable and in excellent working condition. She provided helmets and water as well. Alicia knows Punte Del Este well and provided an excellent historical and culture history. Her english is fantastic. She was warm and friendly. I highly recommend her tour.

Visited November 2013
BIKETOURS02, Director General at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi girls!

It was really enjoyable meeting you two. We spent a lovely moment and I am really more than happy that you liked it too.

I wish you the best for you, and keep visiting South America.

Best!!
Sao Paulo, SP
“Perfect to discover main points in your first day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Alicia was so kind and helpful to us. Showed us and explained interesting points and facts in the city. I'd recommend that for anyone who's there for the first time.

Visited December 2012
BIKETOURS02, Propietario at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi !

Thanks a lot for your kind comments, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed your company.

You'll be always welcome in Punta del Este.

Best!
Bruges, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic way to learn about punta and its history!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I took the peninsula tour with Alicia nd it was great. Alicia is very attentive to customer questions and is very knowledgible.It is good to know she also does bike tours in Montevideo for my next stay :-). Also important to mention is the good state the bikes are in. Congratulations to Alicia and good luck further on.

Visited April 2013
BIKETOURS02, Propietario at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
hi!

Thanks a lot for your kind comment. It was a real pleasure to have you in my group and that you enjoyed it so much.

I will be looking forward to your contact when you come to Montevideo to tour you around here as well.

All the best!!

Calgary, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Not a good day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were on a cruise and had booked the tour in Punte del Este but since the boat could not get into the port we talked to Alicia who agreed to do the tour in Montevideo. Our 9:00 am scheduled tour started after 10:15 since we had to wait for 8 other riders from a different ship. Very soon one of the bikes broke down and we waited more than 1 hr for a replacement bike to be delivered. My bike had very poor brakes, I don't believe the bikes were maintained very well. Ten people proved to be too much for Alicia to handle alone. Half the group were slow and inexperienced. The route was basically along the sea wall promenade then back again on the same route. Perhaps Punte del Este might be a better place to bike, I'm not sure. Despite the foregoing, Alicia is a pleasant lady but an assistant guide would have been an asset for a group of ten.

Visited March 2013
BIKETOURS02, Propietario at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hi

It is a great chance to be able to respond comments.

a) I had sent you the night before an email telling about the change in time due to the fact that the group ( 8 people) were arriving later. I was there at 9.00 to be with you two while waiting. You could have had the chance to not wait, but you said 'it was not problem at all'.

b) The bikes were serviced the day before. You found a problem with brakes and I suggested changing the bike and you refused. The bike that got the chain entangled was because the person played wrongly with the the gears and then tried to repaired it himself and ended up braking it worse.

c) I offered everybody to wait and a 'free' cappuccino to wait while they brought me the bike. They waited for 40', the time they comfortably sat, were assisted and finished the hot drink. You decided to go around on your own instead and then, just one of you drank what I offered free of charge.

d) It was a 'group' and you managed the situtation as if you were alone, separating from the group. If you had wanted to have a 'private tour', you could have asked and paid accordingly.

e) In Montevideo it's just one way to go around back and forth on the safest way. I also suggested stopping and not returning back to the the place we left and you decided to go back to where we started.

Finally, you ended the tour saying it was great, the views and the exercise, it does really catch my attention to read opposite comments while I offered the best from me and the city.