“Not a good day” 2 of 5 stars

+598 99 591 519
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: BIKE TOURS - PUNTA DEL ESTEGuided Bike Tours in aluminium bikes with 21 gears to visit the most important places in Punta del Este to enjoy its natural beauty while cycling and enjoying the fresh air of this unique luxurious and peaceful seaside resort.We tour with a maximum of 14 tourits to enjoy the views and be part of it. All the tours are guided by a tourist guide that offers detailed information of the areas, monuments, historical places visited while also practicing sports.Punta del Este is a flat area, therefore there is no extreme physical demand on this ride that lasts between 1.30hr to 2.00hs to go round.Bike Tours Uruguay offers different tours to choose. To complete the service, we also include: helmets with UV protection as well as still bottled water.Contact us on our website and we will be happy to answer your questions or book a place for you in our tours.BIKE TOURS IS OPEN DAILY FROM EVERY DECEMBER 1st TO MARCH 30TH, the rest of the year, at weekends or with advance bookings.Please email us before for a proper coordination and to prevent you to be left without space in our tours.
Calgary, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Not a good day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were on a cruise and had booked the tour in Punte del Este but since the boat could not get into the port we talked to Alicia who agreed to do the tour in Montevideo. Our 9:00 am scheduled tour started after 10:15 since we had to wait for 8 other riders from a different ship. Very soon one of the bikes broke down and we waited more than 1 hr for a replacement bike to be delivered. My bike had very poor brakes, I don't believe the bikes were maintained very well. Ten people proved to be too much for Alicia to handle alone. Half the group were slow and inexperienced. The route was basically along the sea wall promenade then back again on the same route. Perhaps Punte del Este might be a better place to bike, I'm not sure. Despite the foregoing, Alicia is a pleasant lady but an assistant guide would have been an asset for a group of ten.

Visited March 2013
BIKETOURS02, Propietario at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hi

It is a great chance to be able to respond comments.

a) I had sent you the night before an email telling about the change in time due to the fact that the group ( 8 people) were arriving later. I was there at 9.00 to be with you two while waiting. You could have had the chance to not wait, but you said 'it was not problem at all'.

b) The bikes were serviced the day before. You found a problem with brakes and I suggested changing the bike and you refused. The bike that got the chain entangled was because the person played wrongly with the the gears and then tried to repaired it himself and ended up braking it worse.

c) I offered everybody to wait and a 'free' cappuccino to wait while they brought me the bike. They waited for 40', the time they comfortably sat, were assisted and finished the hot drink. You decided to go around on your own instead and then, just one of you drank what I offered free of charge.

d) It was a 'group' and you managed the situtation as if you were alone, separating from the group. If you had wanted to have a 'private tour', you could have asked and paid accordingly.

e) In Montevideo it's just one way to go around back and forth on the safest way. I also suggested stopping and not returning back to the the place we left and you decided to go back to where we started.

Finally, you ended the tour saying it was great, the views and the exercise, it does really catch my attention to read opposite comments while I offered the best from me and the city.

Toronto, Canada
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a wonderful experience with this tour, glad I found it. I think biking is the best way to explore Punta del Este. And Alicia is doing great job to make the most of it. She is very knowledgeable, answers all the questions. Learned a lot about Punta and Uruguay in general.
Sea lions were also fun to watch.
Also, it was a private tour for me since I was the only person to sign up that day :)
Great tour overall. Highly recommended!

Visited March 2013
Thanks a lot for you kind message. I feel great with the fact that you enjoyed it the most and it's my purpose with the tour.

Hope next time you can stay longer and together with your family to show you all around Punta del Este and surroundings.

Hope you had a safe trip back home!

Best
Hong Kong, China
230 attraction reviews
“Best Way to Explore the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Alicia, a cycling enthusiast, leads group and private bicycle tours around Punta del Este. She offers three routes. I did the Peninsula one which was absolutely beautiful. Apart from seeing most of Punta del Este's beaches, we also cycled inland to some of the city's neighborhoods for a peek into the lives of a local.

Alicia, a profesora by day, is fluent in English and is very knowledgeable about the city. I had a very enjoyable time with her, just listening to her share her experiences of the city and discussing Uruguay's socio-political landscape and culture. The bikes you'll cycle on your tour are well-maintained and come in multi-speeds, making it a breeze to cycle up and down slopes (most bicycles from hostels or hotels are not as good).

Visited January 2013
BIKETOURS02, Propietario at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
hi!

I adored your description of the experience and make me feel terrible honoured by your words.

Thanks a lot for being so kind and it was a mutual enrichment exchange of knowledge to know about your city and where you are living now.

Once again, many thanks for your kind words, and hope we can come across anytime in the future.

All the best to you!!
Chicago, Illinois
“to have a great afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

something different to do in Punta del Este yo can enjoy a new experience and you can meet a lot of young people.

Visited December 2012
BIKETOURS02, Propietario at Bike Tours - Punta del Este, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hi
It was nice sharing the afternoon with you too! Really glad you liked it and hope you have enjoyed the rest of your trip!
Punta del Este waits for you once again.

Best!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
9 attraction reviews
“Excellent way to see Punta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited Punta del Este for one day during a trip to Uruguay for a week. I wanted to learn a bit more about the history of Punta and not look for the Argentine elite on the beaches. ;) The bike tour was a lovely and tranquil way to explore Punta del Este. We quickly got off the beaten track and meandered down quiet neighbourhood streets in Punta, with spectacular views. Punta in general didn't appeal to me at all. It is just an overdeveloped and overrun tourist spot. But the bike tour made my trip to Punta for the day well worth it.

Visited January 2013
hi!!

Thanks a lot for your comments and I am really glad and honoured that touring by bike has made the way to be in Punta del Este better. :)

Hope you continue enjoying doing Bike Tours everywhere you go.

Best!