This may be Wichita's best kept secret. When we unexpectedly had to evacuate our home in a Wichita suburb due to a nearby fire, I found that the nicer Wichita hotels I am familiar with (Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott) are routinely sold out for mid week stays due to regular business customers. I contacted this facility by telephone, after noticing it online, and was accomodated with professionalism and courtesy. This non-smoking hotel is spotless and in perfect condition since it just opened in January. It is located is on the edge of a small suburb of Wichita that itself has an aire of newness after re-building much of the town after a devastating tornado some years ago. It has a reputation for being an upscale, safe communtiy with excellent schools and crime rate. This hotel is near the main street where many restaurants and other businesses are located. It is within an easy drive to east Wichita also. The grounds are well kept, quiet, and spacious with ample lighted parking in a low traffic area. Two receptionists were on duty, so check in was expedient . While an inexperienced traveler may have required additional information, I appreciated the brevity in the check in process and proceeded to get my weary children settled in. The size of our beautifully decorated room was quite sufficient with wonderful bedding on the 2 queen beds. There was a desk and chair with a nearby floor lamp and a bureau with the TV positioned on top of it. For a family accustomed to 'suite' hotels, we could have used another chair which could be placed near the window. I would have preferred to be able to close the curtains over the entire window, rather than just the sheers, to allow for room darkening in the morning but privacy was not an issue. The breakfast/sitting area was beautifully appointed and provided all the comforts of home including the big screen TV above the fireplace, a sitting area, many tables with chairs, and complimentary newspapers on the coffeetable. French doors lead out onto a patio sitting area. The well groomed, young man working the breakfast area was attentive to cleanliness of the area and maintained an abundant supply of the various breakfast choices-toaster waffles, cereals, baked goods, fresh fruit, etc., even assisting with food allergy questions by providing ingredient statements from packages. The indoor swimming pool area is near the elevators and front desk; is secured by key card entry; appeared clean and safe with an adjacent rest room with diaper changing table. Plenty of towels are present along with the normal emergency rescue apparatus and phone.The depth ranges from 3 feet to 5 feet and there are steps and a hand rail to allow entry for those with limited disabilities. Having traveled fairly extensively in the U.S., I must say I truly appreciated the ability to communicate in English with all employees I had contact with. It was reassuring to see the staff of this hotel as they did their duties and this fact added to the feeling of security and welcome at this hotel. The staff was accomodating to my needs even though I did not know how long we would be unable to return to our own home. Our rate was $99 + tax for a Tuesday night.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Andover/East Wichita
- Holiday Inn Andover
- Andover Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Andover
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Andover, KS! Ideally situated outside of East Wichita, our Andover, KS hotel is close to Wichita Mid-Continent Airport, Jabara Airport and major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Visitors to our smoke-free hotel in Andover will find a beautiful oasis. Waterfront dining in Wichita is just a few miles away as is the Wichita Art Museum. For sports fans, the Flint Hills National Golf Club, the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame and Stryker Soccer Complex are nearby. Families can enjoy a science exhibit at East Wichita's Exploration Place or observe the exotic wildlife at the Sedgwick County Zoo. Corporate guests will find our hotel's location puts them within an easy drive of the many businesses nearby. The Sherwin-Williams Training Center, Flight Safety International and Hawker-Beechcraft Corporation are less than five miles away from the hotel. Other companies such as Boeing, Coleman, Koch, Raytheon Aircraft, Cessna Aircraft, Spirit Aerosystems and Bombardier Aerospace are just a short distance from our Andover, KS hotel. This beautiful, new Andover hotel offers guests the best in service and amenities. There's a heated, indoor pool and a well-equipped fitness center. You can relax on our patio overlooking the pond or in front of the lobby fireplace. The business center, free high-speed Internet access and complimentary, hot breakfast make this a smart Andover, KS hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andover/East Wichita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.