Booked and stayed in the kids suite room for one evening on august 10th. The main reason was for my daughter and her friend to celebrate her birthday and have a getaway.
Overall the hotel was clean, comfy and a good value. The kids suite is equipped with a king sized bed in main room and off to side another room has 2 twin sized beds(bunk bed)in a separate room with a TV and a PS2. The thought for the game system was nice, HOWEVER the video game system did not work and the front desk clerk did not have the code and said it was locked out from a previous guest for some time now. So...NO games and or movies that were rented for the kiddos! Disappointed due to the fact that this was one of our expectations in enjoying this type of room. (Plus the front desk attendant was the one whom suggested and said we could also rent movies and play them off of the gaming unit) The pool was very warm and actually very hot and unusually muggy in the small enclosed room. Therefore the girls did not enjoy the pool at all and tha lasted all of 10 mins. No hot tub either. Breakfast was a typical HIE and offered many choices. Hot and cold. Was decent no complaints.
AND, on this particular day...the fire alarm went off around 9am and was going off for nearly 40 minutes. Of course ear piercing and very loud as should be..but the staff did not inform any of us that it was a false alarm and would have been nice had they had staff to perhaps go around as it is a smaller hotel and false alarm. I actually called front desk to find out the bacon had been burnt! They could not figure out how to terminate alarm. They called the fire department to come out and then it was disalarmed. The room itself was clean and the beds were all comfortable so deserving of a decent review but if rating off amenities and other minor inconveniences, then this definitely could use some improvements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Andover, KS! Ideally situated outside of East Wichita, our Andover, KS hotel is close to Wichita Mid-Continent Airport, Jabara Airport and major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Visitors to our smoke-free hotel in Andover will find a beautiful oasis. Waterfront dining in Wichita is just a few miles away as is the Wichita Art Museum. For sports fans, the Flint Hills National Golf Club, the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame and Stryker Soccer Complex are nearby. Families can enjoy a science exhibit at East Wichita's Exploration Place or observe the exotic wildlife at the Sedgwick County Zoo. Corporate guests will find our hotel's location puts them within an easy drive of the many businesses nearby. The Sherwin-Williams Training Center, Flight Safety International and Hawker-Beechcraft Corporation are less than five miles away from the hotel. Other companies such as Boeing, Coleman, Koch, Raytheon Aircraft, Cessna Aircraft, Spirit Aerosystems and Bombardier Aerospace are just a short distance from our Andover, KS hotel. This beautiful, new Andover hotel offers guests the best in service and amenities. There's a heated, indoor pool and a well-equipped fitness center. You can relax on our patio overlooking the pond or in front of the lobby fireplace. The business center, free high-speed Internet access and complimentary, hot breakfast make this a smart Andover, KS hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andover/East Wichita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Andover/East Wichita
- Holiday Inn Andover
- Andover Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Andover