You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andover/East Wichita to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andover/East Wichita
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Andover
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel is very clean. Staff is real friendly. Beakfast out early for us early people. I will return. The hotel is a little way from major interstate but not hard to find. Well worth a couple min drive further.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Richmond Hill, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently traveled to the Wichita area for a family gathering. Knowing the local family members would be inundated with out-of-towners, I opted to stay in a hotel. My husband and I are priority members and we always stay in an HIE. I was surprised that I was not greeted as such, though the young woman behind the desk was otherwise very friendly and helpful. I talked some friends into staying there as well, and she was kind enough to put them in a room close to mine. I spent most of my days with family, so coming back to the hotel in the evenings was a nice quiet respite. As I was flying home, I realized I had left a couple of things in the dresser. My husband and I called the hotel and the desk clerk went and found them for me. I believe we should have those things within just a few days. All in all, it was just what it was supposed to be: a nice, quiet place to relax and get some rest, and I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Union, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel Saturday, February 16 for one night. We were on our way home from being on the cruise ship that was stranded at sea. Found this hotel online and called ahead. We are priority members and told the man our number when I made the reservation. Upon arrival we were.not acknowledged as a priority member and were not given any bottles of water or snack as we have always received any time we stayed at Holiday Inn hotels. The young man was nice, but was more interested in his computer or something else. Room was fine, a little mold around the tub. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andover/East Wichita, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Waconda,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the tub cleanliness. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Andover, KS on the evening of 2/16/13 was a pretty good experience. The bed was very comfortable, the room was fairly clean, the breakfast was very, very good and the hostess was outstanding.

A couple of drawbacks include the need for a paint job in the near future and the desk clerk who was rather impersonal and somewhat unfriendly or cold upon check-in. His attention appeared to be somewhere else. However, the guy on Sunday morning checkout was just the opposite, outgoing and friendly.

A slight setback was an unpleasant odor that came from beneath the elevator which the room service personnel acknowledged.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor with a room facing the rear. It was around the corner from the elevat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Tan Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I always try to stay at a HIE when I can for the consistently nice rooms, good breakfasts and qualified staff. This one is no exception.
My only criticism, and it's very minor, is all of them have thin, fake bacon at breakfast. The rest of the food is just fine and the rolls are great, but pass on the bacon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This motel is in a great location for getting around East Wichita, Kansas. It is very easy to travel to Cabelas and the shopping centers on the East side of Wichita. The hosts were friendly upon check in and there was no problem with my reservation. The room was clean and the motel was quiet for sleeping. The breakfast was very good, the eggs, sausage, gravy and biscuits were very satisfying. I would rate the breakfast at this motel in the top five of all the motels I have stayed in. The breakfast hostess also kept the area very clean. I saw her spraying each of the tables with a disinfectent after each breakfast eater leaving and then wiping the table off. This is only the second time I have seen this done at a motel. It is especially important with all the colds and flu going around.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side have great view of a little pond with duck in it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We checked into this hotel last minute due to some work we were having done on our house. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and offered us the discount rate. My son had misplaced his cord to charge his ipod and she searched around for her own for him to borrow but was unable to locate it. Very thoughtful though for her to offer her own. The room and bathroom were both immaculate. Modern furnishings, nice decor, flat screen t.v. and comfortable beds. There were both soft and firm pillows on the bed which was nice. The hot/cold breakfast options were plentiful - sausage, eggs, biscuits/gravy, muffins, yogurt, fruit, cereal, etc. I am very picky about hotels but would stay at this one again in a heartbeat. Very nice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andover/East Wichita? Share your experiences!