“Top level Indian” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo

Indigo
Ground Floor, Beach Rotana Hotel & Towerst # 10 | Al Zahiyah (Tourist Club Area), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
+971 2 644 3011
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 1,621 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Contemporary Modern Indian Restaurant with an avant garde approach on North Indian cuisine, yet offering choices for the traditional palette.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Top level Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

The set menu is a good choice, offering a nice variety of Idian, fragant food, for Westerners there is the option to tone down the spices, but there is no need. The food is not hot, but rather wel seasoned and spiced.

Graeme U, Manager at Indigo, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Globe-World,

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Indigo, and that you in particular very happy with the variety and quality of product and services that were served.

Once again, thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant , hopefully in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“High quality Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hailing from the Indian-subcontinent, I'm quite familiar with the cuisine and generally don't prefer to have Indian food when dining out as it often leaves me feeling bloated and sluggish. I prefer home-made curries and biryani, which are much lighter and less brutal on the stomach. I found Indigo to be an exception as I quite enjoyed my meal without experiencing any of those 'side-effects'.

I opted for the non-vegetarian degustation menu, 'Mansahari'.

Kebabs as appetizers were flavorful and just the right portion size - I particularly liked the prawns. The 'Velvet of Chicken' soup was average. The butter chicken was quite good, as were the tandoori lamb chops which I sampled from my dining partner.

For desserts, we ordered 'kulfi' and 'moong daal halwa', while chocolate mousse was served as part of the degustation menu. I couldn't have enough of the 'kulfi' and the 'moong daal halwa'. On the other hand, the chocolate mousse was forgettable, and it was something that you wouldn't normally see on an Indian menu, but I guess that's where the fusion element comes in.

I would recommend Indigo for the ambiance and high quality ingredients - something that you notice in every bite.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Graeme U, Manager at Indigo, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear iSamia21,

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit to Indigo and have shared your feedback with the Kitchen and service team.

Once again, thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant, hopefully in the near future.

Como, Italy
“Excellent Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great restaurant, amazing food, great service. I had dinner at Indigo with family and friends and we all enjoxed it. Located in the Rotana Beach hotel, it was a very pleasant surprise. Highly recommended for thr Indian food lovers.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Graeme U, Manager at Indigo, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear My-Ooops,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor following your visit to Indigo.

The Indigo kitchen and service team and I were delghted to learn that you enjoyed your meal experience.

We are continually striving to improve on our products and services and it's pleasing to read that you enjoyed the restaurant and food.

Kind regards,

P.O.Box 45200
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Top quality food with top class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I are great fans of quality indian food, not the cheap, corn flour loaded and greasy stuff that passes for Indian food in many european countries. So it was great to find an Indian restaurant in abu dhabi that serves high quality indian food with great service. The restaurant is located in the Beach Rotana and can get really busy on weekends and on public holidays so it is recommended to reserve in advance:

Pros: The 'taftan bread' they serve as amuse-bouche is incredibly soft, flavourful with just the right amount of moisture. The dips are great if somewhat lacking in creativity as its usually a tiny portion from one of the mains. We had the fish and chicken starters and both were great. The fish was especially innovative as it was served with some zataar flavoured (though not sure how they got the reddish colour) sauce which combined nicely with the indian tandoori spices. The mains are equally good and of good quantity. Breads are excellent, especially the one with coconut and almonds. It is a little sweet but is nice to balance the spiciness of the curries. They have a nice open kitchen so one can watch the meals being prepared. The chef, gaurav kapoor, was also nice enough to come and talk to us about the various ingredients. The wine list is extensive and pairs well with the food. We particularly enjoyed the Riesling. The staff are attentive without being pushy and the restaurant is well spaced out so there is enough privacy.

Cons: The only con is that there is a distinct north indian bias in terms of the food. I would like to see some regional varieties too as India has dramatically different cuisines in every region. Having a tandoor is de rigueur for all indian restaurants but less focus on north indian cuisine would make for a nice menu in my opinion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Graeme U, Manager at Indigo, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear anil d,

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit to Indigo and have shared your very detailed feedback with the team.

You raised a lot of interesting points following your experience and we will strive to keep improving our products and services.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice indian food with a great atmosphere and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Personally my favorite indian food is ashas in khalidiya mall. However indigo is really good too and much lighter. The service is superb and liked the seating outside by the beach

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere