“Cosy bar good for sports TV” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #276 of 1,615 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Latino Pub featuring "Tex-Mex" cuisine & live broadcasts of all sport events with live entertainment from the resident duo.
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Cosy bar good for sports TV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

A cosy bar attached to the Hilton that provided a very good quality burger and reasonably priced beer (20 AED a pint happy hour) while we watched the football on the big screen. Service is quick and friendly - you won't be waiting long for a drink in here. Nice atmosphere as this place seems to be well known with expats.

Visited December 2013
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Manager at Hemingway, responded to this review, February 23, 2014

Greetings from Hilton Abu Dhabi and thank you for the wonderful review

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Hemingway's and have shared your compliments with the entire team; everyone is very happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated

It was a pleasure looking after you; on behalf of the entire Hilton Abu Dhabi team I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Warm Regards

Nyon
“New Years 2014”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We didn't really know what to do for NY (I do a free it's a little our fault...) so we ended up at Hemingway's pub in Hilton Abu Dhabi, we were hoping to have space at the Jazz club but unfortunately all was fully booked.
We were quite disappointed of the food that was served, honestly it did not have much taste whether the 1st, 2nd 3rd or dessert, you do wish for a little better quality for the price you pay . The service was so, so,... The beer was great though!

Visited December 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Hilton Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to post your review

I am glad to know that you enjoyed our beer selection . Your compliment has been passed to our culinary team.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not match your expectations; this is not our usual standard. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and rest assured that I have personally addressed this to the concerned team and we are taking corrective action to ensure this does not happen again

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your impression of Hemingway's I, along with the entire Hilton Abu Dhabi team look forward to welcoming you back

sincerely yours

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Music Perfect Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The SA band that was playing at the time was amazing and the drinks were just as good. It was slightly smoky now and then but the band made you forget about that and all other concerns from work which is great.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greetings from Hilton Abu Dhabi and thank you for the wonderful review

I am delighted that you enjoyed your night experience in Hemingway's and have shared your compliments with the entire team; everyone is very happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated

Warm Regards

Clayton, NJ
“Great Music...a bit smoky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The music is always going and access to two adjacent clubs. Does tend to get smoky at night with a lot of cigarette smokers so feel free to fire up a cigar and just get into the groove.

Visited November 2013
India
“Ancient favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I used to frequent this spot many.....many years back. It was alright then and it is alright now, when I visited it this afternoon for lunch. I don't think it has changed at all in 20 years (which can be good and a bad thing).
It was not crowded, so we got served almost immediately. Got a great spot by the window as well.
We ordered a variety of things, Surf n Turf, which was a little better than average and then if i remember it was a breadsticks, cheese and calamari option which was also alright, chicken wings which was not really good (too crispy, i felt) and then there was the Wagyu beef burger, which was great. Some of my colleagues had the Long Island iced tea cocktail and she said it was good.
The portions are good for one person.
I would definitely go back for no-nonsense simple meal in a simple setting.

• Visited November 2013