“Great Place for a Celebration” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeo Grill

Rodeo Grill
Ground Floor, Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers, Street # 10 | Al Zahiyah (Tourist Club Area), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
+971 2 697 9000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 1,620 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The award winning Rodeo Grill at the Beach Rotana is Abu Dhabi's first steakhouse. The large green leather chairs add greatly to the traditional steakhouse feel and so do the juicy steaks that you will see on the menu.
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Place for a Celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was turning sixty, and the Rodeo Grill was right next door to my apartment. Met a friend there and we had a wonderful dinner with excellent service. Everything tasted great and my filet was fork tender. I didn't find out until later that my friend does not eat meat, but the fish selection was outstanding and quite tasty. The cream of asparagus soup was beyond compare.
The only downside was that it was quite pricey, but how often does one turn 60 after all?

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Happy Birthday Eric,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Rodeo Grill.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Ruth's Chris prices for average steak. Pack your wallet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

It was my bday and I was hankering for a great steak. Unfortunately for me, this wasn't the place.

Arrived here with reservations, but through no fault of their own, since we went through the "roundmenu" reservations website via TripAdvisor, the restaurant didn't have us on their list. It turned out to be no problem at all, as there were several vacant tables available and we were quickly seated.

Decent ambiance with fine furnishings, but I couldn't help feel as though I was in a shopping mall restaurant secondary to the pavilion feel of the hotel as you walked into the grill.

Following our orders being taken a plate of warm various grain bread was brought to our table with regular butter. It was fine. That was followed with a thimble/shot glass of cream soup. Tasty but salty. Here's my suggestion, if you want to clean my palate before the steak, save the soup and give me a sorbet!

My steak arrived luke warm and so too did my ten french fries! Two poor oversights that should not be missed by the kitchen. You serve me a pricey tenderloin, please serve it to me right off the grill! Also, if I'm paying as much as I did for this meal, give me more than 10 fries and make sure they're also pipping hot! It was cooked as ordered and it was a good steak. Certainly didn't blow me away. Not the best cut I've had, but nevertheless a good steak.

To wash it down we ordered the Penfolds Shiraz/Cab. It was delicious.

Service was very good.

We were 4 people. One didn't have steak, but a mushroom stroganoff, which by all accounts was good. $100/person. One bottle of $20 wine which was marked up to $90.

Fill up your wallet before coming here.

Where's Ruth's Chris when you really need one?

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef and our Director of food and beverage for immediate investigation and action

Bratislava, Slovakia
“Nice place to have a steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wide choice of steak of various provenience. Prepared by an experienced chef, tasted excellent. The wine list featured some nice offers, too.

Visited February 2014
Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this review, March 5, 2014

“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I consider this restaurant is perfect place for nice and perfect dinner in Abu Dhabi. I'm visiting to restaurant for the last 3 years and still they are keeping the same level of excellency

Visited December 2013
Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this review, February 27, 2014

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“The Ultimate Steak Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My hubby and I were looking for a cozy, romantic spot for our post V-Day date and lucky enough we found one.
When we got there, we were warmly welcomed by the staff who immediately attended to our needs and gave us the best seat available. All thanks to Butch, our attendant, for his impeccable taste and suggestions which are very helpful for first-timers like us; and not to forget, Paolo, the bar man, for being very accommodating.
The food, on the other hand, was a bit pricey however, the quality justifies it. After all excellence does not come cheap.
Overall, we had a great time! Truly an unforgettable experience! I will totally recommend this place!

Fouadhamade, Manager at Rodeo Grill, responded to this review, February 20, 2014