I booked this hotel as a surprise for my boyfriend and we spent two nights in a deluxe room (their standard room, although definitely not the same as a usual standard hotel room!) The room was beautiful and very spacious, with lovely views of the pool, beach and mosque. Although it looks like they may build in front on the mosque but I hope not as the gorgeous views of it are one of the hotel's selling points! Lovely branded toiletries, the shower has two showers within the cubicle, there are speakers in the bathroom connected to the large television so you can listen to music whilst in the bath/shower. The bed is very large and comfortable. They had thought of everything, from the little hairdryer in its bag to the free bottled water in cool boxes for down by the pool to the 'pillow menu' if you are not happy with the pillow already there. Great service. Make sure you go on the abras (water taxis) around the hotel as they are really lovely and romantic. The infinity pool is lovely with the views of the mosque, as is the private beach (although we preferred the left hand side for some reason, it seemed nicer and more peaceful!) Also worth visiting the roof top pool by the spa, this again is peaceful and beautiful. The food is great, although very expensive, I ate off the kids' menu at lunch and the pasta filled me up fine! The breakfast buffet has everything, even a chocolate fountain. Location wise, it is slightly out the centre but it doesn't really matter as the hotel is really a resort in itself (it even has a Starbucks!) so we hardly left it, and there is a free bus to all the tourist hot spots such as the mosque. Taxis are also very cheap. The Pearls & Cavier bar is lovely but again very pricey. Watch out for the 10% service charge and 6% tourism fee added to every bill in the hotel. Make sure you visit the souk, but haggle, we got almost 50% off a ring from the first price he said. There is some aircraft noise but not enough to spoil the experience. Really great hotel, although it is a chain it still feels like it's a one off and you don't feel like the brand is too overtly in your face. When staying in Abu Dhabi, eat in the revolving restaurant above the Marina Mall for great views of the city, it's not too pricey either (about £15-20 each for an evening meal). Also make sure you go and visit the mosque as it really is beautiful. Probably worth mentioning that in the spa, the sauna areas are separate for men and women, so we did not get to use them as a couple which was a shame, but I understand this is a cultural thing and cannot really be helped. Really recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a one-kilometre stretch of private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland, the hotel is situated ten minutes' drive from the city's international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the new Convention Centre and 15 minutes from the Corniche and the city centre. Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, features 214 luxurious rooms and suites, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern Arabic style. Each room also has a balcony or a terrace providing an ideal setting for viewing striking ocean sunsets and traditional Arabic domes and minarets. Accommodation choices also include six spectacular villas comprising four bedrooms and a private swimming pool. Regarded as an ideal hotel in Abu Dhabi for longer stays, the Shangri-La Residences include 161 spacious serviced apartments ranging from studios to four-bedroom units.The 8.5 hectare hotel complex provides a wide range of facilities and services for the discerning traveller. These include the signature CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, and a dedicated well-being zone comprising two gymnasiums, a swimming pool and a yoga room. In addition, there are four swimming pools within the grounds. The Souk traditional Arabian market built in a modern setting offers a variety of shops under one roof which are connected by a waterway featuring Arabic gondolas, or abras, which slowly meander through this unique architecture lush garden scenery. Supreme waterfront lifestyle enhanced with Shangri-La hospitality. Designed with luxury and comfort in mind, the Shangri-La Residences has all the features of the hotel at their doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.