“not a nice place to be after 7pm” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Al Ain Palace Hotel

You added Al Ain Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Al Ain Palace Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Street | Abu Dhabi Corniche, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #95 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Belfast, United Kingdom
“not a nice place to be after 7pm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night in November and was disappointed with all aspects of attitude of staff, quality of food and the most annoying issue the harrassment from prostitutes who frequent the hotel after 7 pm who aggressively ply their trade openly and will not take no for an answer.
When checking out I complained that the only bar in the hotel was a brothel and all I got was a shrug of shoulders and a smirk, not suprising as the staff appeared to be on very good terms with the working girls.
Note for any families dont go and single men dont enter the bar after 7 if you do not want company.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

I came to this hotel about a year ago for business, and I was not impressed by the hotel or decor, so when my company booked this hotel for me again I was hesitant to stay. I was assured that they have recently had a refurbishment and has vastly improved.

When I arrived - what a difference! The decor is modern, but still keeping with the hotel's heritage. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly and I was told all about the hotel's facilities while being escorted to my room. The rooms have been completely redone, and the bed was more than comfortable.

Since I'd been given a free drink with a meal at one of their restaurants, I thought I would try the sushi at their Japanese restaurant - Taiki. It really was superb, and all the staff were very friendly.

Breakfast was good, although it would have been better if I'd have been given the option of including it in my room rate. Overall a surprisingly wonderful stay, and I will definitely be returning there on my next trip to Abu Dhabi. I am just disappointed that I didn't stay long enough to try any of their other restaurants - but hopefully next time!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I am appalled at the treatment by this so called 4 star hotel myself and 2 friends were refused entry to this establishment and the reason we were refused we were told we could not enter because we were wearing our national dress the kilt. So now we know how friendly the UAE is i wonder how they would feel if an Arab was refused entry in a Uk hotel for wearing national dress shame on you and i will advise people to stay away from your unfriendly and racist hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the hotel
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Edinburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

The hotel is clean and the staff are normally friendly enough. The place does look a little tired though - air conditioning units are mostly old and noisy; the rooms are not well insulated from the noise outside.

One issue that all should be aware of is that the 'Ally Pally' bar in the hotel is full of prostitutes; and if you go in to the bar you are very unlikely to be left alone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The hookers
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2006

Booked into this hotel with some reservations, but due to limited availability I decided to give it a try. I would describe this hotel as a good 3 Star and not a 4 star hotel, although the rooms were basic they were clean. There was a lack of toiletries provided, on my arrival there were 3 small bottles of shampoo in the bathroom and during my 5 night stay these were never replaced even when they were all empty.
The mini bar was only replenished after twice complaining to reception, and the only staff that wanted to help were the bellboys hoping to receive a tip. The breakfast was reasonable although the staff had never heard of Earl Grey Tea.

• Liked — They had rooms available
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Take your own tea bags
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Al Ain Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Al Ain Palace Hotel

Address: Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Street | Abu Dhabi Corniche, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Location: United Arab Emirates > Emirate of Abu Dhabi > Abu Dhabi
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #95 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Hotel Class:3 star — Al Ain Palace Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Al Ain Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Al Ain Palace Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.