“Lunch with my husband.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Lunch with my husband.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The appearance of the restaurant excellent, but the overly loud music & intrusive staff spoilt the experience. The Chicken Larb was fantastic, but could have been spicy as the menu said. It went down hill from there. My Beef in Black bean, whilst tasty the meat was as tough as an old boot. Needless to say, it was not eaten. My husbands Laska again was not as spicy as the menu said. would we visit again or recommend, I don't think so.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Abu
“Food that you want to savour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Upon entering the restaurant, the friendly staff were quick to greet and welcome me into the red and black decor of the restaurant. There is also space enough to cater for groups when required and an option to sit outside (however some tables are unstable). I ordered a refreshing iced tea with lychee to start off.

The menu offers a wide selection of food and also caters for those who like Asian flavours but not very spicy. I started with the duck dumplings which were perfectly cooked and had a choice of two dipping sauces.

For the main I chose the Smoked Fish Curry. When the curry arrived it was more like a science experiment as the fish was smoking under a glass bell jar. The waiter then removed the jar to allow the smoke to waft through the air. Once the smoke subsided, steamed vegetables were revealed which were full of colour and were cooked to perfection. The fish had a great smoky taste and aroma, and was bathing in the curry which was full of flavour and not spicy at all. The steamed rice was a great accompaniment to mop up the sauce.

Thoroughly enjoyable and I will be going again with friends to share my experience and to try all the dishes.

• Visited February 2014