“very pleased with hotel.great service..we had a very relaxing four days.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al Raha Beach Hotel

You added Al Raha Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Al Raha Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Raha Corniche, Abu Dhabi 38616, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #33 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
uk
“very pleased with hotel.great service..we had a very relaxing four days.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

we had just what we wanted, a relaxing holiday for four nights. great service, out of city location for peace and quiet. even building work just didnt seem to be a problem. city location would have been more noisy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Well, what can I say, new year is perfect for us as we stayed in Al Raha Beach Hotel offering fabulous services and luxurious facilities. Me and my husband enjoyed every minute of our stay in the hotel with staff so helpful and the food was incredibly very good. Love to come back...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We booked over expedia and actually got a great deal from the UK incl flights.
When we arrived, we were greeted by the normal effecient staff behind the counter, car had been valet parked for free which was a great touch.
Hotel lobby was impressive. We requested two adjoining rooms when we booked, we were told this was not possible as the hotel was fully booked, after much discussion, we were given a royal suite upgrade. This had two bedrooms which was great for us but the whole suite was unbelieveable. Lounge, boardroom, kitchen, staff quarters. The kind of place we can only dream of !
We had this suite for three nights untilll they found some rooms that became available which were next to each other. The pool was normal for this type of hotel but as others have mentioned, the service suffered somewhat. The beach was not up to our standard and the water looked a bit stagnant sometimes, due to the fact that it was a dead end of the lagoon. The noise from the construction site was a bit annoying, but I got used to it, there is basically noise wherever you go in the UAE.
So I think it's pointless complaining about it, just have to grin and bear it.
There is another development under construction right next to the existing hotel, and they are going to start another one right over the beach so eventually the view will dissapear.

• Stayed October 2010
AlRahaBeachHotel, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Dear customer,

It was our privilege to have you stay with us during your last visit to the emirate of Abu Dhabi. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give your views on our services and facilities on Trip Advisor.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I selected the Al Raha Beach Hotel simply as it was near to the airport and i had a couple of business trips to make during my stay at the hotel. The hotel is in a fantastic location and has really first class services to offer. On arrival we were ‘upgraded’ to a sea view, this at the time we were delighted to receive we thought.

It was pointed out during our check inn period (Ice cold towels were offered, a really nice touch) that some ‘construction’ was currently being undertaken by the hotel but this was limited to 9am-12pm, what was not pointed out that this ‘construction’ was in fact a major development to the hotel and in fact they are currently building another 240+ rooms on the side together with a new swimming pool, construction in fact was 24/7 some days, the other days was 5am-midnight common on most days.

After several discussions with the hotel we finally left after six nights, Mr Khaled Sharabassy (Director for rooms and revenue) kindly offered me several other options to stay, all most welcome but the fact was that the construction noise was way too overpowering.

We left four nights early, shame as the hotel once finished will be fantastic, however currently unless you are in the building trade I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear customer,

Whilst I can assure you, that any inconvenience experienced in this instance would have been a result of thoughtfulness rather than intent and please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have already been taken.

In regards of the construction the heavy work is finishing now and there will be no noise disturbance anymore only visual.
I hope this one time experience will not pessimistically impact your impression of Al Raha Beach Hotel and we would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our Hotel for your next visit and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay to Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make the necessary arrangement for you.
Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.
Liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Just got back from the Al Raha 2 hrs ago. If you dont have to goto this hotel i cant advise you strongly enough dont go.
The hotel is in the middle of major construction work which goes on 24hrs a day, the noise will spoil your stay here without a doubt.
In addition i can only repeat the comments of the previous review. The service is absolutely terrible, you get to wait for half an hour for a drink by the pool in 38c of heat or the staff just forget the order all together.
GOD I WISH I HAD READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE I WENT. PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel DONT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE.
Watch the short video and just listen to the noise.
You have been warned.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear customer,

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment on the quality of our La Piscine service and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. In regards to the construction of our extension the heavy work is finishing now and only visual distrubance will be involved in the next stages.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The Al Raha beach hotel is very elegant and the rooms are extremely spacious.
The problem with this hotel are as follws - The service is absolutely terrible, you get wait for half an hour for a drink by the pool in 38c of heat or the staff just forget the order all together. When I received the bill at the pool bar it will be more often arrive incorrect and you will spend arguing what you ordered, this is down to a lack of staff at the pool and lack of fluency in english. The beach is very small and sand is not like other places in the UAE like Dubai. Finally if you want to spend your holiday on a building site, come here. They are building a 150 room extension to the hotel, the noise will drive you mad in the end. If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel DONT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
AlRahaBeachHotel, Manager at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2010

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Good location because I worked in Abu Dhabi Int'l Airport and this is the closest hotel with a small shopping mall next to it. When I checked in at 1pm, they asked me to wait until 2pm as the room is not yet ready and the check-out time they said was until 2pm. But when I checked-out I was allowed to extend until 1pm only. The A/C did not change the temp inside the room whether it was set to 17ºC or 28ºC.

I was not given a free breakfast because it was not stated in my reservation, but their website clearly stated that my room rate was inclusive of breakfast.

Everyday I always need to call for help to get internet connection, the technician always said "loose connection of the cable in the network panel". The management told me they always have this problem due to the internet service provider ETISALAT poor services. But after about 7 days I got fed up and went with the technician... only to find out that the cable for my room was not connected, it was very obvious the cable was removed from the network panel. After that I did not get any disconnection until my 20 days of stay.

The room housekeeping staff is the most terrible of all. They ring me every afternoon just to say "Sir I'm from the housekeeping department and I want to tell you that we cannot clean your room today because there is a DO NOT DISTURB sign in your door" I complained to management but they told me that is their procedure. It was the most terrible experience I had in a hotel as I was working for night duty for about 5 days.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Al Raha Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!