“Abu Dhabi Do!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al Raha Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Al Raha Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Al Raha Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Raha Corniche, Abu Dhabi 38616, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #25 of 116 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Abu Dhabi Do!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I are enjoying our last two days at Al Raha Beach Hotel. If you are looking for a good combination of city and beach/pool then this is the place to stay. You are approx 25k outside of the city centre in a relatively quiet area. There is a shuttle bus that is free and leaves for the city and various other attractions a couple of times daily. Cab fares are around £12 to city centre so the bus helps.

The hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and obliging and the rooms are quiet and very well insulated. Most, if not all, have a waterfront view. Our room is a good size, with an adequate balcony in the newer part of the hotel facing the villas. From here you have a nice view of the Abu Dhabi skyline. The bathroom is large and well appointed with a large rainshower and bath. There is a pillow menu and room service 24/7 if you require. AM cleaning and PM turndown with chocckies so you are very well looked after. Tea and coffee making with herbal teas as well, very impressed!

There is a beach, but it is not open sea, rather an inlet channel which is sandy so it gives you a taste of the sea. There are three pools outside and one indoors. The outside pools are children's, adult and a pool used by occupants of the villas (although if you ask very nicely, on days when the main pool is crowded you may be able to get access).

This hotel is used by 'outsiders' at weekends Thursday to Saturday evening. This means that people from Abu Dhabi, Dubai and surrounds come to use the facilities and may stay over. During the week the hotel is relatively quiet and relaxed. Even during the weekend it was not too crowded, but busier and you do need to plan if you want a quiet place by the pool. The indoor pool is lovely for an early evening swim, with male and female sauna, steam and jacuzzi. There are spa treatments, a hairdresser, gym and classes (Zumba and bikram yoga).

There are several restaurants and a coffee bar. As we had no meal option booked we opted to go to the mall next door to buy supplies such as bread and fruit and have breakfast on our balcony. Sometimes we went to cafe Mozart for a pastry, and ounces used the large buffet for all you can eat selection which has everything from fruit, continental, meat, dim sum, arabic, you name it. In the evenings we mostly went to Azur, a restaurant by the pool. From 5-6pm they have a happy hour which gives you 50% off, which is very good value. Also room service is good and not over priced. The room service staff have discount vouchers which give you up to 30% off the various restaurants and bars so do ask them (code word 'discount'). For the authentic arabic vibe take shisha by the pool with your evening cocktail. They create a festival type scene with bean bags and an open fire. A couple of nights there is Latino music, sadly no Arabic music.

Places to go....grand mosque, beautiful to see. The bus drops you there twice a day. The various malls are good for the usual chains, but even better if you want something different to wear, prices are comparable to the UK. The Emirates Palace for high tea is a must. Share one between two though because they are MASSIVE! Add a glass of champers for around £8. Book I. Advance or they may not let you in. Check out what's on at the Abu Dhabi theatre, we saw a great Islamic music concert which featured Sufi devotional songs.

Miraj exhibition of Islamic art. Interesting, but more of a shopping experience. I love Islamic art and there were a few interesting pieces there, some of which are for sale. They will gracefully show you a range of things you can buy. There are no pushy sales tactics but not quite the museum I expected.

We are off to the desert tomorrow for a couple of days so I will report back. Thank you AL Raha for a wonderful time so far, you have looked after us very well, certainly a five star experience!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city in the newer wing as they are quieter and you can see the sunset.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Ms. Lyzzie,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Receiving such positive comments in every aspects of our services and facilities are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Such an amazing holiday........
Having visitied and enjoyed Dubai many times this was our first visit to Abu Dhabi and couldnt have choosen a more perfect hotel.
We chose AI and this was definitely value for money.
From start to finish attention to detail was exceptional.
After a 9 hour journey we arrived at 0930.....too early for check in, however a room was available and we were given a tour of the hotel before a thorough explaination of the room and services available.
Room was spotless and huge with a balcony to sit out on (337)
Hospitality services to be very proud of.
Food very varied with themed nights.Choice of in or outdoor dining, attentive and prompt service.
On AI you can dine in the main, outdoor, pool or bar restaurants.........the mediteranean restaurant offers al a carte menu with an allowance towards the total cost of the meal. Chefs mingle around guests for help and advise.
Outside is a lovely way to complete your evening...........sit and have cocktails and a shisha in a relaxed atmosphere by the pool listening to live music...served by Saloo....who remembers your favourite drinks and delivers them with a smile.......he has an amazing memory...once he knows your room number, prefferred range of beverages and choice of seating he greets you and puts everything into action.
The beach and pool area is emense........no concerns about finding somewhere to relax and soak up the sun......Buddhika and Wasantha will set you up in your chosen position meeting all your needs ie - sun bed position, umbrella, setting up the towels etc....as they pass the time of day with you, if you have children be very reassured as they watch them like hawks to ensure their safety and fun.
At the pool you will be EXCEPTIONALLY looked after by Mark and his colleagues........his professional 'can do' attitude ensures the time you spend in his domain is perfect and meets all your needs...........he is a real employers 'gem' and flies the flag of quality for The Al Raha...........The hotel needs to be very proud of him and the standards he sets which clearly infiltrates to the rest of the pool team.
Please dont leave this hotel without trying the Spa............its to die for! 20% discount for hotel guests provides value for money. I booked in for a Thai massage, and Dewa attended to me. I felt very energised and agile after my treatment..........her work ethic is clearly important to her and again services were delivered in a professional and extremely competent manner. I really couldnt resist re booking Dewa for an aromatherapy massage and reflexology treatment later in the week.......she made my birthday a special pampering experience.
On our second night at the hotel, I was awoken at 0200hrs by a banging noise......... I went down to reception where a man on the door took me outside to explain that it was road works directly outside my room..........he was genuinnely concerned that I couldnt sleep........he called Mr Khan the night duty manager.............who empathetically listened to me and without any delay offered to move me to a quieter room either immediately or after breakfast...........he also displayed a 'can do' attitude. We moved to room 131 in the new wing..........a smaller type of room..........but very high tech boutique style with an outdoor balcony.............both rooms we had during our stay were really lovely...........however I did have a soft spot for the smalled room, mainly because I liked all the 'gagets'
The Al Raha Mall is attached to the hotel and is nice to look around and top up on toiletries etc...........however do pop into the hotel gift shop.........nice little gifts to take home..........reasonably priced and always served with a smile and a chat.........I was a daily visitor!
I have mentioned a few 'above and beyond' staff with inherent qualities, however all the staff MAKE this hotel a wonderful place to stay in..........NOTHING is too much trouble................EVERYONE you meet smiles, greets you, checks with your that 'their' services are meeting your needs........its a calm and relaxed environment with so many 'spaces' to chose from, depending on what type of astmosphere and experience you are looking for in a holiday.
ALL the area supervisors were attentive and visable.............they werent just there in name.........if you needed to speak to them, you wouldnt have to ask for them...........they are in their areas all the time.....available for both their staff and their guests.
Danat Hotels........Al Raha Management team............you have an establishment to be extremely proud of.............a big Thank You from me to all your team please, and hope to see them all later on in the year............we are already looking at dates for a return visit

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Sue_Bonner9,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to all our employees especially Mr. Mark from Food & Beverage Department, Mr. Buddhika and Mr. Wasantha from Recreation Department, Ms. Dewa our Spa Therapist, receiving such positive comments in all aspects of our services and facilities are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel. All the staff are very helpful and polite. The rooms are spacious and cleaned to a high standard every day. Though the beach was being renovated,this was no problem as there was another beach we could use. We stayed on an All Inclusive deal, the food and presentation was excellent. Would certainly stay here the next time we visit Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Ms. Kays26,

Abu Dhabi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is very well-appointed with excellent rooms and amenities. This review title stems from the relatively secluded location. While very close to the airport for visitors, and close to Yas Island (Ferrari World) and next to the Al Raha Mall, it is quite far from Abu Dhabi itself. So, if you WANT to just cozy up in a comfortable room away from the bustle of other "tourist" activities, this may be the place. If you want to get in to Abu Dhabi frequently it will be inconvenient (or costly). The layout requires very long walks to most of the rooms. That may again be good for privacy, but not very convenient for coming and going, even to the restaurants. The staff is very helpful and friendly, but the overall quality and selection of the food was not exceptional. The food was good, but not really up to the standards of other Abu Dhabi five-star hotels, considering the pricing and the "upscale" tone of the facility. Very good meeting rooms for large groups.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Drwhocooke,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Looking for the pleasure to welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My mother, father and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days over the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and I cannot fault the hotel at all. The staff are so helpful; nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are stunning, especially the bathrooms and the pool was beautiful.
The only issue we had was the hotel being able to hail taxis, but we understand that is purely because of the grand prix weekend (which was also incredible by the way). However, the staff were running out to the road to bring them in for us; like i said nothing was too much trouble.

In fact when we arrived, my parent's room was really far away from mine, so the lovely receptionist managed to change it so we were just a few doors apart.

The food was gorgeous, the breakfast selection is huge.

The only critisicsm i have is that in the bar people can smoke, and my god do the men like to smoke. So much so I had to go back to my room and before i could go to bed i had to have a shower as all i could smell was smoke. But we know that now so..

This was a fantastic family trip for us as my dad works away in Kuwait so i don't get to see him that often and this was a brilliant memory. In fact we loved it so much we have booked the grand prix for this year and we are staying at the same hotel, just this time for 10 days and i'm bringing my boyfriend so he can experience it as well!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Gemma L,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Trieste, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Everything is o.k., except that the beach is ridiculous, it is a kind of pool. The food is excellent, the staff is very friendly, the indian concierges boys are so kind an helpful. Another negative point is the distance from the center, about 30minutes by taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing.
Dear Mr. Radovini,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to our Concierge Department, receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We just returned from a very pleasant stay in the Al RaHa Beach. I'm giving it 5 stars because the staff and indeed hotel is fabulous.

Our only issue was the amount of construction work and the associated noise. During our week stay the amount of work was disproportionate to what would have been expected in terms of normal maintenance. Without doubt this impacted on the quality of our much needed R&R.

However the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are so well appointed, the staff are great, the level of cleanliness exceptional and the food plentiful and of top quality.

Staff members, Mark over in Al Amein, great lad, hotel management should be proud of him. Also George (director of food and drinks) many thanks.

We availed of the all inclusive option and would affirm this is fantastic value. (To give an idea, Its about £8.80 a pint and similar for a glass if wine) the drink is of good quality and the Black Pearl Bar does very good cocktails.

There is a food court in the attached mall and an off licence for alcohol (comparable to UK prices) located in the corridor that joins the hotel to the Mall.

The weather was great, bit of a cool breeze in the evening so a light sweater/pullover recommended.

The beach was being upgraded during our stay and I would imagine it is outstanding now. The quality of sun-loungers at the pool and by the beach is also good. Towels are provided, these are excellent, large enough to cover the whole lounger.

The fact the hotel is only 10 mins from the airport is another plus.

Whilst we were disappointed at the works being carried out at the complex, our issues are more with the travel company that put us there in these circumstances. We acknowledge the staff tried their very best and the hotel is really nice.

Room Tip: Check to see the work is complete. If it is then you are onto a real winner. Also the all inclusive...
Dear Mr. BemoBelfast,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to Food & Beverage Department especially to Mr. George our Director of Food & Beverage. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

In regards to your comment regarding the ongoing construction , we want you to know that we value your comments and all shortcomings have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and appropriate actions will be taken.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Al Raha Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!