“DISASTER SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Al Raha Beach Hotel

You added Al Raha Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Al Raha Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Raha Corniche, Abu Dhabi 38616, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #33 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“DISASTER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

we reached hotel at 1 PM on friday, problems faced are highlighted below

1) nobody at the reception... LONG Q AT THE RECEPTION.
2) person told us check in will be at 2 and we will be called but I didn't get any call instead I had to go to them.
3) Ultimately we go the room was not given with a proper views even though I asked for a good view room and I booked it 4 or 5 days prior to our visit. Also nobody escorted us till our room and the reception just showed us how to go to 2nd floor.

After coming to the room our luggage came after 20 minutes and I had to call them to deliver ASAP.

4) I called up the reception from the room nobody picked up, waiting for half n hour to get a call back
5) I went to reception myself to ask for room change, Chritina said there are no rooms but a room infront of 366 was vacating so 378 was given to us.

6) christina asked us something we were shocked to hear " Are you guys going to shift by yourself or shall I send a person to help with your luggage". I mean how can she ask this?? It is obvious that she has to send a person to shift our luggage. Ultimately we shifted on our own. Also nobody came to room to joint the bed also as there were 2 single beds in the room 378.

7) there was a long que for omlette centre which was was not as expected.

8) There was a sparrow dirt lying on the table in seville restaurant and nobody was bothered to clean it.

9) The money was charged before we complete the stay and before we check-out, which is I think is not at all proper. All 5 star hotels charge after the check out only.

10) pool was having some dust in the water and also paper bags were lying in it.

11) there was water blockage in room 378 and also the toilet shower was leaking.

GOOD PART
1) THE VIEW FROM THE ROOM IS NICE
2) beach is good and relaxing.

Room Tip: choose room on 2nd floor for a better view of beach.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Ms. Jvalin,

It was our privilege to have you stay with us during your last visit to the emirate of Abu Dhabi. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give your views on our services and facilities through the Trip Advisor Site.

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointments and poor services experienced during your stay with us.

Whilst I can assure you, that any inconvenience experienced in this instance would have been as a result of thoughtfulness rather than intent, please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

I hope this one time experience will not mark your impression of Al Raha Beach Hotel and we would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence and look forward to your next visit and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay at Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Looking for the pleasure to welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel. Should you need any further assistance on any of your future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the property for five nights, the rooms were spacious with all the amenities you would expect from a first class hotel. It was a short drive from the airport, taxis were always on hand and the staff could not do enough for you.
I very much enjoyed the buffet at dinner on the nights I was able to relax at the hotel and found the variety offering plants to suit all tastes.
A great hotel wth a fabulous view on the Aldar HQ and at night, the hotel grounds are fabulous.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Kevin,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. . I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to write to us to comment on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you are enjoying your stay with us and you are pleased with our services and facilities.

Your comments are passed on to all our employees especially the food & beverage & kitchen team where you have enjoyed your dinner. Receiving such positive comments is very rewarding to our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have read a lot of reviews before we made a decision to book this hotel to spend the NY2013. We travelled with two children, 4 years and 2 years old, and were looking for a place to relax and the kids to enjoy. The hotel has kids club, kids swimming pool and kids (till certain age) eat for free at breakfast buffet.
The whole experience in the hotel was amazing. We spent 18 days in the hotel, and there was no one day of disappointment.
Mind the location, its situated a bit out of city and you can use either free shuttle bus provided by the hotel to the city or use taxi. We tried couple of trips on a shuttle bus and should admit it was quiet convenient.
Starting from the reception, the guest relationship manager, Mr. Basil took care of all our special requests and enquires with high professionalism, he was always there and yet, not intrusive.
Another lady who was also very helpful is Miss. Honey, she gave us couple of tips as which places would be good to visit with the children, and my kids liked her so much.
We were asked if we would like to spend the 2013 New year at the silver blue ball room, which was arranged to the hotel guests wishing to spend new year with the belly dance performance and nicely arranged buffet. At first, we were hesitant, since we had kids with us all the time, but even then, the hotel arranged for a “pajama Party “ at the kids club, with a very nice kids club attendant Alma, Garry and few others. Kids were in ecstasy, to say the list. Special food was organized for them as well. This is just to say how much the hotel admin think of every detail of your stay..
Hotel amenities include nice temperature regulated outdoor pool, nice and clean beach, saunas, shisha bar (recommend to visit to get the local flavor), pool snacks bar, sevilla restaurant, with daily buffet meals, and azur restaurant for a la cart..We tried all of them, and Sevilla impressed us the most, the food was very delicious, the verity was huge and the atmosphere was nice. On some days (I think its Thursday) there is a buffet brunch for little ones with the magician and clown.. and amazing brunch with the life music at the same restaurant.. kids were so happy. The waiter Rashel at the veranda was always attentive and helpful, Nishad cooking breakfast at the buffet was dealing with few people at the same time with no delays.
We would like to outline especially the hard work of al raha beach hotel staff to make every day of our stay memorable and comfortable.
We definitely would come back there again.

Room Tip: Plese ask for gulf view room. There is a pillow menue policy..Ask for shuttle bus schedule at the re...
Dear Ms. Helina,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Your comments are passed on to all our employees particularly Basil and Honey from Front Office, Alma & Gary from Recreation, Rachel and Nishad from food & beverage, receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were staying just one night in Al Raha Beach Hotel. Due to unexpected circumstances in Dubai we choose this hotel as it is close to airport. Please note, if you going from airport it is just 10 min drive by taxi or car but if you are heading towards airport you have to use service road near Abu Dhabi motorway and drive good 6-7 kilometers towards police station and at the roundabout you have to turn back and go the same distance. This is due to road works near Al Raha Mall.

Hotel itself is 30 km from Abu Dhabi Corniche. Cost of taxi will be around 50 Dirhams. Anyway, hotel is very good place to relax for few days. They are offering complimentary shuttles to main shopping malls anyway(info from hotel website, did not use them).

Room is really huge, 60 sq meters, bathroom is huge as well. We were in superior room overlooking motorway. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bed is comfortable, bathroom very clean. Free wifi which is as I can see very rare facility in Dubai hotels. Hotel has their own beach, well it is not like real beach, but still nice (kind of river or small bay beach, as lots of islands around). Property connected to Al Raha mall with small Lulu supermarket, mini food court, few shops, money exchange etc.

As for me it is perfect for first few days or last few days in UAE if you are tourist and flying form Abu Dhabi. Price of hotel was 350 Dirham including 16% tax and buffet breakfast. Got this rate from hotel website. Very good value for money.

Room Tip: Superior rooms overlooking motorway, but they are not so noisy. Gulf view room overlooking bay and...
Dear Mr. Darsi,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Your comments are passed on to all our employees, receiving such positive comments is very rewarding to our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I have booked to stay at this hotel over Easter and have emailed the hotel on a number of occasions to ask if they do an all inclusive package? I was quoted An all inc price by one tour operator but ended up booking with expedia who didn't offer it! Please can someone from the hotel get back to me seen as my emails have gone unanswered??? I hope the hotel is better than their customer service

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Ms. Sarahlou,

Thank you for your message sent via trip advisor site.

Im sorry to learn about your disappointment on your inquiry in the past. I have sent you a message in your personal email and do revert with your booking to assist you accordingly.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Wonderful experience....The service is very good but there are always issues tht pop up....I celebrated my wedding anniversary :) at this hotel :) and we had a wonderful time :) but i had asked for the room to be set up for a surprise and instead of my wife, I was surprised.....nothing was setup in the room......the service is awesome until u ask for something and the thing i learned at this hotel is u need to keep asking and reminding.....and that led to my mood being:( but its ok since everything else was very good....

The hotel has a very beautiful lobby....whn u sit there and u try and sink into the feeling where u are u forget about things and our hectic life....The room............wow me and my wife loved it....everything was just perfect.....the pool was very clean and very relaxing....the food we tried was amazing....i highly recommend the sea food night...the breakfast was sad...i could saw the potatoes were frozen....rest all thing tht were in the buffet was somthing u can make yourself everyday....so i dont see the point of having breakfast in a five star hotel tht u can make better at home....
all in all.....Just go for it and u will have a wonderful time.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

In light of the great reviews, I was settled on booking this hotel to stay during our 14 hours layover. However, given it's a daytime layover, i.e. we were looking to check-in in the morning and check-out in the evening of the same day, the hotel will not accept a single night's booking and insisted on a two-night booking! We just wanted somewhere to lay our heads down for a couple of hours, wash and then leave for a spot of sightseeing and sit on the beach before checking out for our onward flight. I guess we'll be looking elsewhere that's more accommodating.

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment on the services rendered during your stay with us. We want you to know that we value your comments and we will take necessary steps to avoid this happen in the future.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit with us.

Please do contact us at info.alraha@danathotels.com for any bookings in the future.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Al Raha Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!