The hotel has aged and the cracks and service levels are now showing as clear as day light!
1) The Gulf View room is large and well-spaced out.
2) The Bathroom is large and well-spaced out
3) The Adult pool is nice
4) The hotel connects to a mall, 5 min walk but the walk is an indoor walk so no issues about the heat or the sun
5) The food quality for what was available during buffet breakfast was good
1) On arrival even after ensuring we stated on booking the room we required a non-smoking room, we were escorted on a long walk to our "SMOKING" room! (Room did get changed but only after we complained)
2) There was no arrival drinks or welcome towels (a normal 5 Star establishment does cater to such details)
3) The rooms have aged wardrobes were hard to move as the sliding base was worn down
4) The carpets had patchy stains on them
5) The Entertainment was an LCD however there was a sound control meter installed, which became hard to enjoy a movie
6) The toilet sink and the large tub were both clogged had to get maintenance to unclog the drain
7) There should be a shataf installed for people who don't prefer to use a bidet
8) The Bedside Master controls was malfunctioning
9) There was some sort of renovation going on so everyone was forced into a ballroom which was small and inadequate for the number of guests. They could have opened the second wing of the ballroom which was empty and no functions were on.
10) The entrance to the ballroom was through a corridor, which was a SMOKING area all over. So was not pleased we had to wait for our turn for breakfast with a smoke infested corridor. They should have made arrangements to provide smokers another area to pollute the air.
11) The children’s pool was filthy and damaged, the base of the children’s pool was a rubber material which was tearing away and small substance underneath the rubber material was floating in the kid’s pool.
12) There was a menu for selection of pillows however on calling housekeeping we were informed they did not have any!
13) The breakfast buffet was good quality however, they took forever to refill and with changes in the area of where it was being served it felt more a like a hospital canteen then a 5 Star buffet area!
14) The in-room dining options needs an overhaul!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in landscaped gardens along a stretch of white sandy beach, this palatial hotel is located on the Al Raha corniche. The property offers 254 rooms and suites including the brand new wing furnished with the ultimate in luxury. There are also 24 exclusive villas which have a choice of 2,3 or 4 bedrooms, located in a stunning seafront location adjacent to the main hotel building. The hotel boasts state of the art facilities, including the Body & Soul Spa & Recreation Club complete with temperature controlled outdoor and indoor pools, steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzis as well as a high tech gymnasium. If variety is the spice of life, dining choices abound from International dishes to exquisite twist of Mediterranean. Al Raha Beach Hotel is a member of the prestigious Preferred Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Al Raha Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Raha Beach Hotel Abu Dhabi