“I do not remember exactly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi

You added Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Abu Dhabi 500200, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“I do not remember exactly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Very nice hotel and distinctive services, and wonderful Catering and food very delicious strong skill in cooking and hotel facilities and services Ultimate rooms are beautiful and spacious gorgeous beach and swimming pools, beautiful I will come again soon with the hotel

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi is one of the best Hilton hotels I've ever stayed in and one of the better hotels in Abu Dhabi. The service and food is excellent, but what makes the hotel a cut above the usual Hilton 5-star offering is the design and finishing of the property itself. The sleek, undulating glass exteriors are a giveaway that this isn't your usual Hilton city hotel. The interior post modernist design and finishings are of a very high standard. I have a feeling that this was because the hotel was first built as a Forte Grand Hotel and later turned over to Hilton. The room I had was spacious and very comfortable. The gym and spa is luxurious and well appointed with a lovely indoor mini-swimming pool and cold drench shower. The outdoor pool area was blocked in places for work being done, making the swimming and sunbathing experience not particularly pleasant. When this hotel was first opened as a Forte Grand, it failed. The original intention was to make it the main hotel for Abu Dhabi's Exhibition Center but there weren't enough events apparently to keep the property busy and the location, close to the huge iconic Shaykh Zayed Mosque complex but farther from the city center, discouraged heavy traffic. Today, with the area more developed and the hotel's relatively close proximity to the international airport business seems to be picking up. The hotel was chock full of Chinese guests. It is an excellent business hotel - not really ideal for families - and I would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Starting with the disappointing...
This is very much a business hotel and not one I'd pick for leisure, all the more why I was surprised by the unforgiving loud parties held by the pool each night!! Given there were 3 business conferences taking place during my stay I'm surprised such loud parties (until midnight) were approved. Despite a number of complaints our requests to turn down the music were ignored, in fact the karaoke and dancing got louder. As a hilton rewards member I asked to speak to the manager but received no call.

The even more annoying experience was receiving a note from reception saying I needs to call urgently. When I did I was told my deposit wasn't enough to cover my costs/spends during my visit. Reception requested that I came down and paid an additional deposit to cover my extra spend (Id spent maybe £120 on room service and car hire). Unsurprisingly you spend more than your room cost! I suggested that given I was checking out the next morning they wait and Id just clear my bill then - I was told they would call me back, that didn't happen.

Also, steak ordered medium rare arrived well done.

On the positive...
The rooms are lovely, with a brillIant shower and very large bathroom.

The breakfast was brilliant, and most staff were lovely.

It is extremely close to the Sheikh Zayed Mosque and only half an hour to the airport.

Room service was otherwise very good.

• Stayed December 2014
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hilton has done a nice job of turning this Hotel around and it is a nice comfortable place to be now. Ideally located near all the main Roads in and out of Abu Dhabi it offers that little bit of something different which makes it unique. Nice comfortable rooms, helpful and efficient front desk staff who are friendly and easy to deal with. The Hotel boasts many nice features such as the spa and health club. I would highly recommend if you are in Abu Dhabi for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: King Room Pool side, but check if there are any parties going on by the pool in the evenings when yo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear RonSDubai,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our hotel.

Meanwhile, we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again, during your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Thanks so much to the staff in this hotel who made us feel so welcome and like one of the family. From the moment we checked in, no request was too much for them. The hotel was spotless and we'll run, the staff were welcoming and friendly at all times, and the amenities were brilliant. The restaurant manager Mohammed ensured we had our usual table whenever he could, and Mohamed the bar supervisor in the Blue Bar even remembered our cocktails each night. Our room was spacious and wel equipped, the Spa was very luxurious and the poolside was calm and reflective, perfect for sunbathing. Even though the hotel was full, it never felt crowded. One of the best holidays we've had, and one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Truly 5 Star.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MattJT1,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted that you found our service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective. It is always good to receive complimentary feedback and I shall be sure to share your opinions with the Team.

Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Mohammed with my personal gratitude.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have completed a 3 and a half month stay at this hotel and am giving my honest opinion of the place. I'd love to say I could find a fault, but I really can't. Well, one thing, but I'll circle back to that. The staff is wonderful, from top to bottom, and made us all feel very at home in a foreign country.
The reservations and front desk teams worked tirelessly to make mine and the people from my company's check-in as smooth as possible despite many last minute changes on our part.
The Oceana Grill restaurant was better than I expected for an international buffet. As a matter of fact, I tried many things I wouldn't normally consider eating just based on how well prepared the food looked. El Habib runs a tight ship.His effort and enthusiasm are infectious and shows in his staff.
The housekeeping service was always top notch. I felt like I was on a cruise line sometimes because a few days a week I'd come in from work and there'd be an animal of some sort made out of towels sitting on my bed with a note to have a great day.
The concierge desk always had the right answer if I needed a suggestion concerning places to go for different things.
Now I've circled back. The WiFi. For myself, the only issue was with the speed: 1 MB/sec down and .5 MB/sec up is a lot less than I would expect for a hotel like this. It made emails and downloads for work last an eternity. For my co-workers, it was that plus they had to continually get new passwords from the front desk every other day. But I will say this, only once in 3 and a half months did it ever go down entirely, and that was just an hour or so. I've experienced much longer outages, more frequently, at nicer hotels.
This hotel is top-notch and I plan on returning to it when I return to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Kevin L,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to El Habib and his team with my personal gratitude.

Thank you for the constructive feedback on the WIFI connection and we will take efforts to keep our standards level high and up to our guests expectations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My company had organised a seminar here. Seminar was great and and food good at the breaks. Rooms excellent. Here's the negative. Checked in the night before to check everything out. Nobody knew the venue for our seminar. Want to charge for Internet connection (I am a HHonours member) from my room. In the morning prior to the seminar in the main ballroom it is only possible to have Hilton advertising at the entrance and not our company name so attendees can see which room the seminar was to be held in. Sorry Hilton, great venue but seminar fail.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TurboKev,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi and thank you for bringing your concerns to our immediate attention.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced related to overall meeting experience. This has been communicated directly to all concerned department and corrective actions were taken to resolve the matter.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope we can soon welcome you back at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Yassin Ouenniche

Been to Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!