“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi

You added Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Abu Dhabi 500200, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hilton has done a nice job of turning this Hotel around and it is a nice comfortable place to be now. Ideally located near all the main Roads in and out of Abu Dhabi it offers that little bit of something different which makes it unique. Nice comfortable rooms, helpful and efficient front desk staff who are friendly and easy to deal with. The Hotel boasts many nice features such as the spa and health club. I would highly recommend if you are in Abu Dhabi for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: King Room Pool side, but check if there are any parties going on by the pool in the evenings when yo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Thanks so much to the staff in this hotel who made us feel so welcome and like one of the family. From the moment we checked in, no request was too much for them. The hotel was spotless and we'll run, the staff were welcoming and friendly at all times, and the amenities were brilliant. The restaurant manager Mohammed ensured we had our usual table whenever he could, and Mohamed the bar supervisor in the Blue Bar even remembered our cocktails each night. Our room was spacious and wel equipped, the Spa was very luxurious and the poolside was calm and reflective, perfect for sunbathing. Even though the hotel was full, it never felt crowded. One of the best holidays we've had, and one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Truly 5 Star.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have completed a 3 and a half month stay at this hotel and am giving my honest opinion of the place. I'd love to say I could find a fault, but I really can't. Well, one thing, but I'll circle back to that. The staff is wonderful, from top to bottom, and made us all feel very at home in a foreign country.
The reservations and front desk teams worked tirelessly to make mine and the people from my company's check-in as smooth as possible despite many last minute changes on our part.
The Oceana Grill restaurant was better than I expected for an international buffet. As a matter of fact, I tried many things I wouldn't normally consider eating just based on how well prepared the food looked. El Habib runs a tight ship.His effort and enthusiasm are infectious and shows in his staff.
The housekeeping service was always top notch. I felt like I was on a cruise line sometimes because a few days a week I'd come in from work and there'd be an animal of some sort made out of towels sitting on my bed with a note to have a great day.
The concierge desk always had the right answer if I needed a suggestion concerning places to go for different things.
Now I've circled back. The WiFi. For myself, the only issue was with the speed: 1 MB/sec down and .5 MB/sec up is a lot less than I would expect for a hotel like this. It made emails and downloads for work last an eternity. For my co-workers, it was that plus they had to continually get new passwords from the front desk every other day. But I will say this, only once in 3 and a half months did it ever go down entirely, and that was just an hour or so. I've experienced much longer outages, more frequently, at nicer hotels.
This hotel is top-notch and I plan on returning to it when I return to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My company had organised a seminar here. Seminar was great and and food good at the breaks. Rooms excellent. Here's the negative. Checked in the night before to check everything out. Nobody knew the venue for our seminar. Want to charge for Internet connection (I am a HHonours member) from my room. In the morning prior to the seminar in the main ballroom it is only possible to have Hilton advertising at the entrance and not our company name so attendees can see which room the seminar was to be held in. Sorry Hilton, great venue but seminar fail.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TurboKev,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi and thank you for bringing your concerns to our immediate attention.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced related to overall meeting experience. This has been communicated directly to all concerned department and corrective actions were taken to resolve the matter.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope we can soon welcome you back at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Halifax Regional Municipality, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In total, I stayed at this Hilton for two months. Overall, my visit was fine. I stayed in a suite which included executive lounge access. The suite was very nice. It felt comfortable. I particularly liked the hardwood flooring. Pretty good views, too. One side overlooked the city skyline and the other overlooked the backside of the hotel overlooking the pool. Only two requests re the room: better television channel selections and lower the nighttime DJ sound bass (from Nov - June/July, the hotel invites a DJ to play throughout the week, for nighttime guests and for the general population, if your room is located on the backside of the hotel, the DJ bass beats may keep you awake). A good jester, but the backside hotel guests suffer dearly.

The food was fine. I ate mainly at the Oceania Grill. No complaints. It's a buffet-style set-up with good and healthy food to choose from. There is also a pasta bar. I enjoyed the selections.

The gym/spa was fine, too. A bit more gym equipment than most hotels. A very nice amenity, indeed. Good steam room, too.

The executive lounge visits were exceptional. There, I felt at home as well. The nighttime food selections were decent (the lunchtime selections could use some improvement). I would suggest for more variety. But, other than this small and minor detail, I would like to say thank you kindly, executive lounge staff. I very much enjoyed my visits. Continue doing the fine job.

It was the support staff and first line supervisors’ service and demeanor that made my stay enjoyable. All staff members were excellent. This included the housekeeping, in-room dining, laundry, gym/spa, executive lounge, and Oceania Grill staff.

However, I wasn't impressed with the management staff. For any hotel to succeed, its best weapon is to listen and implement staff and guest feedback. It is these ideas that edges out the competition. It would appear that management at this Hotel doesn't act accordingly. What a shame. Over the duration of my stay, I had heard of some good ideas from the many clever staff members (including front line supervisors) that could enhance the guest's stay. It would be wise to listen, Hilton.

I did have one sad encounter. I won't get into the details here but, I'll say that it was handled very poorly by management staff. In the end, I received no apology nor truthful explanation for the ordeal. For this Hilton, it was their lost. I was in Abu Dhabi for a long-term visit and as a result of this ordeal, I could not recommend the hotel to my many colleagues.

In conclusion, I say this, front-line supervisors and support staff, keep-up on the excellent work that you do; management staff, learn from your staff's example.

Please note:
I would rate this hotel at a 4.5. However, because of the ordeal that management put me through, I rate this hotel at a 3.5. Trip Advisor doesn't have a rating system of .5 increments. So, in good conscience, I give this hotel a rating of 3 stars. I do not feel it is worthy to rate the hotel at a 4 or 5 (on the trip advisor scale) at this time. Again, this is due to a management blunder.

If I could rate the staff separately, I would give them TEN stars. Way to go staff!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Derek C,

We would like to thank you for sharing your views on Trip Advisor and for providing us with detailed review about our hotel.

It is with deep regret to learn that you were not satisfied with some services of the hotel, which we are currently investigating the matter with all concerned departments. We would appreciate if you could please provide us with your contact details at email: Yassin.Ouenniche@hilton.com in order to get further details that would help us understand causes & circumstances of the inconvenience you might have faced during your stay.

We would like to share with you that we are taking every guest feedback seriously, and we are also striving to consistently deliver 100% satisfaction to all our guests, as appropriate throughout their stay at our hotel.

We look forward to you giving us another chance and assure you that we will be exceeding your expectations.

Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the check-in, to bellman service, to buffet breakfast, to room comfort, all were excellent! All employees interacted with were efficient, and very pleasant.

The only negative about this hotel is their charge for Wi-Fi :-(

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear RoamingAlan,

Thank you for your wonderful comments of our overall service. Thank you for the constructive feedback on the WIFI connection and we will take efforts to keep our standards level high and up to our guests expectations.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Abu Dhabi!

Mahe Island, Seychelles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi for 5 days as I needed to be in quiet place for some personal studies. The room 700 was a good room, all in working condition, facing the main road which gave some inspiring when I was tired of studying. Pleasant team members, especially at the breakfast in the morning. it was a pleasure going there... Great job by Jenifer who remember me and addressed me by name. Thanks to Jun, Johanna and Mohammed at Blue Bar, for some chit chatting time that's made feel back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi team again.

Room Tip: Room 700 is a good room close to the elevator
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear Doreen D,

Thank you for your recent posting. We are indeed delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for highlighting our peaceful guestrooms and bountiful breakfast.

Our team take great pride in their work and I will be sharing your kind gratitude with them especially mentioning Jennifer, Jun, Johanna, and Mohamed.

Looking forward on your next visit to Abu Dhabi!

Yassin Ouenniche

Been to Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!