“Great property, OK location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi

You added Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Abu Dhabi 500200, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Ottawa, Canada
“Great property, OK location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Beautiful, modern property with good facilities, although a little remote from more interesting parts of town.

Was here for a function over 10 days and the food served to the group was high quality, if a little repetitive. I heard many positive remarks about the food from people in my group. The breakfast selection is very good and similarly high in quality.

Service was uneven, sometimes excellent and sometimes weak. I had to ask 3 times to have a suitcase moved from one room to another (not impressed), but when I had only one minute to ask the concierge to make 2 outside dinner reservations he understood immediately, and I found two letters with complete and clear information under my door when I returned to my room (impressed).

The Executive Lounge is now open, with a good but small selection for breakfast. There is often a concierge there at breakfast, but not always. More consistent staffing of the lounge desk would be helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went here for Eid and we're extremely disappointed. The room was not bad, however the day bed was full of stains(white stains). It was gross, we call the front desk and told them about it, lots of "I am sorry" but no further action. The next day, the garbage was not cleaned, room not made up until after 4, no shampoo or conditioner, and the day bed still not cleaned. We did not touch it other then to put their pillows on it. The pool what a joke, umbrellas broken, ripped or simply out of order as they put it. No life guard on duty, really this Hotel should not be operating until it can be in full functioning order. The breakfast was weak to say the least, however the two chefs Pascal (sorry forgot the second name) were always there greeting people and asking if there was something they could do, this was soooo nice especially when this hotel has absolutely no customer service at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

After spending several nights in Dubai, I spent a couple nights at the Hilton Grand Capital during my second time in Abu Dhabi. Frankly, as a HHonors Gold member, I was disappointed with my stay. Although the hotel facilities (mainly rooms, bathrooms, lobby, and pool) are nice (relatively average when compared to the rest of the luxurious hotels in the UAE), the service was worthy of just 2 stars. The Front Office Reception staff appeared very disorganized during my check-in and failed to follow-up with me regarding my late-checkout request, and room issues. The Concierge was even worse and not helpful at all as they seemed to not know the city well at all and were unwilling to assist us with arranging day activities on the water. The spa is also mediocre--I received a Swedish massage, but found it to not be up to par with other massages that I have received. There were several issues with the WiFi as it did not work with HHonors Gold members like it normally should, the lobby free WiFi was not available, and several of my friends did not have a WiFi signal in their rooms. Lastly, the Executive Lounge never seemed open.

On the plus side, the beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms were very nice, the rooms were very clean, and the breakfast and lunch at the tea bar were refreshing. Additionally, I had a positive interaction with the hotel management at one point.

Nevertheless, as Abu Dhabi has many luxurious hotels, I would suggest staying somewhere in the Corniche, near the Canal, or one of the islands (Yas Island or Sandiyat Island)--especially if this is for leisure travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. Prepare to make most of your meal reservations and day activities y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is not worthy of 5 stars or the Hilton name. The pool area has no service for food or drinks. There is no lifeguard for the pool. All the staff use the excuse that the hotel is only just open and it will get better. I just wish that this was explained at check-in. The room wasn't made up before 4.30pm and we were promised this wouldn't happen again. The next day the same thing happened but Housekeeping never answered the calls. Food is good but there is a lack of atmosphere. The only positive was Sabina on Reception who was very helpful, patient and tried to help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

HHonors Diamond member was meet be the front office manager at check in, was upgraded to an amazing sixth floor suite over looking central Abu Dhabi in the distance. Room was large, modern, balcony, huge lounge area, two and half bathrooms ( main bathroom, rain forest shower, tub with TV ) Bed was very comfy.

Pool area really nice, love the large two person chairs. spa and fitness centre on site, gym open 24 hours, loved the cold plunge pool, steam room and indoor pool.

Had dinner in the Asian fusion restaurant, food was outstanding, breakfast the following morning had some great choices ( Honors lounge has yet to open )

But what make this hotel stand out was the staff, every person I came across welcomed me like I had been there many times before ( this was my first stay ) friendly, helpful, every staff member seemed to make sure that at all times i was looked after.

The hotel is close to AUH airport, about ten minutes from downtown, next to the grand mosque.
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Checked in at 4.30pm & one of our confirmed connecting rooms was unavailable - with a promise of no more than 30mins wait we went to the available room & then hit the pool. At 6pm we returned to find connecting doors were still locked & no message from reception. Following up took 45mins back & forth, with no clear answer. Then we were told the bellboy was on his way up & we would have to move rooms immediately, to another floor as engineering had 'blocked' the connecting room. We quickly packed up, waited another 45mins for the bellboy to arrive (he must have got lost on the way to the 10th floor). We were now LATE for our function, had not had a shower or gotten ready. As we were leaving our room, 3 gmen were approaching the room next door to ours - it turns out we COULD have it & stay exactly where we were. After telling them exactly what we thought of them & their service we left. When we returned near midnight the connecting doors were open & the room was available. With a fruit platter & sweets & welcome card. How nice!! Like that takes care of the frustration, angst & embarrassment they caused us. There was zero communication nor proactivity from the staff. They had absolutely NO idea what was going on, what to do or what to say. And the duty manager was useless. We were not acknowledged as Hilton Honors members at any point from arrival to departure. Overall shocking, shocking, shocking service. Other than it's proximity to venues at Sports City, there is absolutely no reason to even consider this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for one night coming back from Yas Island.
The hotel have been part of the Hilton group for less than a month, so they are still in transition phase and not everything is fully working such as the executive lounge.
I am a HHonours Diamond member so I had a room upgrade for a very comfortable suite.
The room was very nice with a large lounge and the bedroom and very clean.
This hotel is a quite far from the town but perfect if you are going to the Grand Mosque.
I would happily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!