“Worst service in Abu Dhabi” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #859 of 1,615 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Worst service in Abu Dhabi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have eaten at two of the Bricco outlets in AD. This one in Al Wahda, the service was slow. We had to ask 3 times for our drinks, and our side orders arrived 15 minutes before the rest of the food. Nobody apologised. We left unhappy. However, the Al Bandar Bricco has taken the prize for even worse service. Even when empty (I.e. 4.30pm) the service is appalling. The staff ignored customers to unpack a delivery. I had to ask 3 times for our drinks, which came out eventually at the same time as our main course. We waited 15 minutes for them to get a 1 scoop portion of ice cream, bearing in mind that while my kids sat there waiting they were not waiting tables but unpacking straws into a cupboard. 5 minutes after that when the ice cream had still not arrived, in exasperation I asked them for the bill instead, at which point they brought the ice cream, and I then had to ask yet again for the bill. My 7 year old daughter went to use the bathroom and had to climb over delivery boxes to get there, one of which had a huge carving knife lying on top of it. Such a couldn't care less attitude towards their customers, you can only imagine how this translates to what is going on in the kitchen.....the only way they will change their attitude is with a radical staff overhaul, I am afraid to say.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“So poor, even the manager can't be bothered to make excuses.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I would advise anybody who has ever eaten edible food, to avoid this establishment. We ordered two Sicilian burgers, well done (just in case). One arrived disguised as a piece of charcoal, the other managed to be simultaneously burnt and raw; to be fair, the uncooked part of the burger was only discovered whilst contemplating consuming second half and this observation was made by the waiter, who seemed a little peeved that half had been eaten, despite complaining. Each charred offering came with a scant scraping of chips. Our expectations at this point were low and so as the ricotta and spinach cannelloni arrived cold, at least no one at the table was jealous of the other's dish. The final flourish was Chicken Milanese, fabulously overcooked chicken that could not be cut with a knife or chewed by human teeth. This was sent back and replaced by a similar offering. On complaining about the shocking quality of the food, we were told the manager would come by soon. After 10 minutes, he had not shown up. Two meals were deducted from the bill, though this did not make up for the fact that all four meals were dreadful, but we simply couldn't be bothered to argue at this point. On leaving, we spotted the manager chatting with a member of his staff, so it is understandable that he did not have time to speak with disgruntled customers. If this restaurant was around in Medieval times, and some of the items we were served could well have been, Shakespeare himself would have described it thus 'Thy food is such As hath been belch'd on by infected lungs.' Stay away.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Let down by the service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The service was diabolical. I suspect our waitress was very new and poorly trained. She did not know the menu or Bricco policy. We had questions on ingredients that could not be answered as well as some substitutions.
The food was good and we enjoyed the meal when it was eventually delivered.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi
“Quick shopping lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The is an Italian style restaurant with many pictures on the walls to try to enhance that atmosphere. This was a perfectly adequate restaurant with a range of dishes on the menu, although we opted just for pizza - one Margherita and one Diavola with Latte and Pepsi draft.
We had to wait as apparently there was a problem with the oven, but the pizzas were fine and large portions.
We noticed that this place is popular with families and there is a certain amount of room for the children to run around without too much disturbance to other guests. Overall quite a friendly little place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai
“Great Food, Shabby Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

To be fair, the various branches offer differ service levels. Al Bandar..... Forget it. I ordered delivery after my dine in experience was bland, and delivery was worse! The staff who answer have selective hearing, the timeframe specified expired, and when I called back, there was no trace of my order! I had to beg to speak with a manager, who in return, sent my order promptly and complimentary. But still I won't return back to branch. SMBZC branch is quitter, calm, and staff can occupy your taste by allowing you to tailor the menu (eg I saw a pizza which contained buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil and they will allow you to add or replace items).
Overall their food is great. Fresh salads, hearty pasta portions and really fresh yummy pizza!
The food makes my mouth water, its just a shame there is not the same consistency within the staff.

• Visited August 2013