“Refreshing stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Spa

Anantara Spa
Eastern Ring Road, Salam Street | Eastern Mangroves Hotel, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
+971 2 656 1000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 108 Activities in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa is located on the Abu Dhabi coastal line unique to the region for having mangrove bushes and tree's. Consisting of 15 spa suites inclusive of three couple's suites, 2 vichy shower rooms, and our dedicated LPG face and body slimming room. In addition to the Spa we also take great pride in our Traditional Turkish Hammam which delights and charms all that encounter the experience. The Turkish Hammam houses 2 private Hammam rooms as well as the open hammam area, sauna and steam rooms. Melt into the heated Slab and experience traditional its best. Anantara Spa provides a variety of massages, body treatments, facials and spa rituals using natural products. Each experience highlights traditional local cultures fused with customary Thai touches.
“Refreshing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Had a wonderful stay for two days. Great atmosphere and good place to unwind. Ideal for a rejuvenating and refreshing stay and makes a good getaway spa.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Hamam Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had a hamam spa last weekend at Anantara Eastern Mangroves, I have had many hamams in Istanbul and I can say that this is the real deal. There is a short steam and sauna followed by the hamam, then rest in the relaxing room drinking delicious Ayran, affectionately known as the 'sleepy milk drink'. Ayran is home made in the spa and is a perfect antidote. Hakan, the Turkish therapist is strong but gentle and the spa is beautiful. The hot marble also doubles up once a month for yoga sessions. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
SebastianSchwetje, Manager at Anantara Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Robyn
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hamam on trip advisor and we are pleased that you enjoyed your time. We do our best to make the experience as traditional as possible and feel our hamam is an asset to Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa by Anantara and the staff that embrace the essence of Hamam.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Anantara Spa at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel

Kind regards
Lindsay
Regional Spa Director UAE
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Hammam Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, however their spa is not set to open until December 15. I wanted to get a hammam while in the Middle East and so the hotel arranged for me to go to the Anantara Hotel for a hammam. It was a pleasant enough experience, however the type of Hammam they offer is a Turkish hammam, meaning it is a combination of steam and sauna. As a result, it felt a bit rushed and that I was on a timer - 15 minutes in steam, then 15 minutes in sauna and they straight to scrubbing. It wasn't so much that the staff made me feel rushed, rather it was the process. I was told after the fact that it was a Turkish hammam and not a Moroccan one - I didn't realize there was a difference. As well, the scrubbing took place in the middle of hammam area. Luckily I was the only one receiving a treatment as otherwise I don't know that I would have felt comfortable, as you are placed upon this huge marble (heated) slab in the middle of the treatment facility. Unlike the treatment I had before where you are escorted to a price room. Given there were not many hammam options in Abu Dhabi, it was better than no hammam but would definitely try the one that will be offered at Ritz Carlton before recommending this one. The hotel staff however was very friendly and helpful at the Anantara.