Comparing this to other waterparks in the UAE, this is an OK destination. If you're looking for a park that is very similar to Iceland or Wild Wadi, than this might be for you.
- It is clean and safe.
- It has a fair selection of rides
- the food is "OK" standard fare of pizza, burgers, etc. The prices are of course a bit higher than outside of the park, but for 200+ Dhs ($50+) dollars a ticket, you would expect a bit of break. But a small popcorn for example was 20 Dhs ($5)
- the lazy rivers at the park are really cool, and nice to just sit back and relax.
- Signing is really an issue here. If you are driving to the park (or even trying to exit) there are very limited signs as to where to go. Inside the park, there are only a few maps.
The biggest disappointment for us was that we had children with us, and only after waiting in line and climbing stairs on 2 rides, were we told that our child was too short for the ride! They told us that the rides that were for +1.0 meters are listed at the front. This of course needs to be on the outside of the ride as well...with a measuring device...on each ride.
- The lines. One the weekend, several rides had really long lines of 30 mins to an hour. So if you're going on the weekend, you may want to opt for the VIP pass, which gets you to the shorter line. I have seen some parks that put a timer at the entrance to the ride, so you know how much time you should expect to wait. In a modern facility like this, it should be standard.
- Cold Water - There were a few of the rides that had water that was not heated. This was HORRIBLE to get splashed with really cold water, after you have been waiting in line for over 30 minutes. This might be OK in the summer, but if you go between November and April, this will be a concern.
Overall it was a good park. The kids enjoyed their time here and you can easily spend 5-6 hours here and have a good time.
If you own or manage Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.