“It is an OK destination for children, but with some needed changes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi

Ranked #11 of 70 attractions in Abu Dhabi
Type: Water Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi is the UAE’s first mega waterpark, set across 15 hectares of the exciting entertainment complex that is Yas Island. The park offers 43 rides, slides and attractions that will thrill the whole family. Visitors will experience fun and adventure on rides and attractions never seen before in waterparks, such as the world’s longest, fastest tornado waterslide, the region’s first looping waterslide and the world’s first interactive water and laser rollercoaster. Its award-winning theme – based on an original story developed exclusively for the waterpark – pays tribute to the Emirati culture with the UAE’s pearl-diving heritage at the core, and will provide an unforgettable experience for young and old. Some of our amenities include: -Locker and towel rental-Stored value, which allows you to store money on your wristband-Cabana rental -Free WIFI -Changing rooms
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 attraction reviews
“It is an OK destination for children, but with some needed changes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Comparing this to other waterparks in the UAE, this is an OK destination. If you're looking for a park that is very similar to Iceland or Wild Wadi, than this might be for you.

THE GOOD
- It is clean and safe.
- It has a fair selection of rides
- the food is "OK" standard fare of pizza, burgers, etc. The prices are of course a bit higher than outside of the park, but for 200+ Dhs ($50+) dollars a ticket, you would expect a bit of break. But a small popcorn for example was 20 Dhs ($5)
- the lazy rivers at the park are really cool, and nice to just sit back and relax.

THE BAD
- Signing is really an issue here. If you are driving to the park (or even trying to exit) there are very limited signs as to where to go. Inside the park, there are only a few maps.

The biggest disappointment for us was that we had children with us, and only after waiting in line and climbing stairs on 2 rides, were we told that our child was too short for the ride! They told us that the rides that were for +1.0 meters are listed at the front. This of course needs to be on the outside of the ride as well...with a measuring device...on each ride.

- The lines. One the weekend, several rides had really long lines of 30 mins to an hour. So if you're going on the weekend, you may want to opt for the VIP pass, which gets you to the shorter line. I have seen some parks that put a timer at the entrance to the ride, so you know how much time you should expect to wait. In a modern facility like this, it should be standard.

- Cold Water - There were a few of the rides that had water that was not heated. This was HORRIBLE to get splashed with really cold water, after you have been waiting in line for over 30 minutes. This might be OK in the summer, but if you go between November and April, this will be a concern.

Overall it was a good park. The kids enjoyed their time here and you can easily spend 5-6 hours here and have a good time.

Visited March 2013
Anthony S, Business Excellence Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear zanodad,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Yas Waterworld. We are really pleased that you had a good day out with us and that your children were entertained. Of course, we also value the feedback that you have given and we will be using this to make sure we can make the experience of our Guests better all the time.
We are currently working on improving our signage which will also make more prominent the height requirements for each ride. We do have Colleagues measuring at the beginning of the queue and I am sorry that this didn’t happen with your children, causing you to queue and not be able to go on the ride; we certainly don’t want you to queue unnecessarily. The Park is definitely busier during the weekends here and, whilst queuing will always be a factor for an attraction like ours, it will certainly be less during quieter periods of the week.
Thanks again zanodad – we are looking forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,

Abu Dhabi
15 attraction reviews
“Sexually Assaulted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

ALL WOMEN SHOULD READ THIS!!! I went to Yas Waterworld with my family yesterday. My husband, 4 year old daughter and myself. In the afternoon my husband went on some water slides with another family that met us at the park. I decided to take my daughter on a nice relaxing lazy river ride. At the end of the ride while I was holding my daughter a local 12 year old sexually assaulted me. He grabbed me twice and squeezed in the lower part of my bathing suit area (I am sure you all understand the areas I am talking about). I was screaming. I yelled for the security. The security arrived and took him away. I had to go with them, still carrying my daughter, and make a report. The CID police came to take the boy to the police station. He is now on the black list and never allowed to return to the water park. This has been a very traumatic experience for myself, daughter and husband. If you are a women do not go to this water park alone. Go with a man and never leave his side. I will never return to this water park. The boys and men in the park were acting like complete wild animals. I have never seen anything like it before. By the time I left the security, the holding room was full of men and boys that had done something wrong and I learned that this happens daily. The water park staff was quick to take care of the situation and mostly professional. I had to ask to get my money back and I feel that the management did not do their best customer service wise.

Visited March 2013
Anthony S, Guest Relations Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear JessicaAbuDhabi,

Thank you for taking the time to review Yas Waterworld and also thank you also for your time on the phone to discuss your visit. I am very sorry about the experience you have had in the Park but thankful of course that you reported this so that we could take immediate action. As you know, we have very strict policies in place for any Guests who do not follow the Park’s rules and regulations. The safety and comfort of all of our Guests is our highest priority and we will continue to deal with any breach of these rules vigorously.

I am sorry that you felt we did not do our best for you in our customer service; we take great pride in the very high standards of Guest Service that we set for ourselves and will continue to endeavor to deliver these for all of our Guests coming to enjoy the Park. We do hope that, in the future, you will reconsider and return to visit us.
“It's where you get the real adrenaline!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

If you see that some one put a low rate on Yas water land - do not listen anyone just go and enjoy.
The attractions are so amazing and spectacular. Some of attractions are really scary and make you feel as you jumped from a parachute!
But the only thing I did not like is that: we have paid for premium ticket ( with premium you don't wait in the queue) However in some places the premium queue was longer than normal one. And it does not make any sense to pay extra and to be on the same level with those people who did buy the regular ticket. I believe it has to be fixed out.

I believe the management working on hard to improve service!

Dubai
33 attraction reviews
“A water island for all the family and friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

YAS WATER WORLD is good there are lots of WATER RIDES and a ROLLER COASTER RIDE + There is a OYSTER PEARLS u select from the sea and the staff will open the OYSTER SHELL for you and u can get the real fresh water pearl from the OYSTER in an Oyster u can get 1 or 2 pearls at a time it can either big or small in size and of different colors and the staff there will let u know how to take care of the pearl u can also put the pearl in the locket with chain u can purchase or u can take only the pearl at home and it isn't expensive the price is reasonable.

Visited February 2013
Frome, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great for young families who like the fast water rides. Remember to cash in your wrist band before you exit the turnstiles, if you have any change. If I went again, I would think of a way to save money on food and towel hire.

Visited February 2013