“4-star no way. Sucks.” 2 of 5 stars

Najada Street, Abu Dhabi PO 122881, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #93 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“4-star no way. Sucks.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights in Feb. Expensive hotel given the quality. Spacious rooms that is the only plus I can find. Cold showers (my colleague had the same on other floor). Filthy bathtub. Useless wifi. Two elevators for 29 floors. One person at front desk. Non efficient. Would not reccomend it. At all.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wexford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

First, the three stars I gave go to the facilities, and not to the services!

In fact, to sum it up, it is a 4 to 5 stars facility, with one star services.
We stayed for seven days in the highly anticipated Trianon suite. The suite itself is excellent, very spacious (although not quite 75 sqm as advertised).
Superb fresh flowers and a fruit basket were ready for us on arrival.
The swimming pool is quite stunning and grossly under-sold, even if the improvement works were on-going at the time of our stay. The gym is remarkable new and neat. However, be warned, if you will use the pool (only open until 6pm) or the gym (until 10 pm) the gym coach and the lifeguard will stand quietly and unabashed literally 2 meters away from you AT ALL TIMES! Including when I had my shower, (outdoors thank god) before and after the swimming pool. In the beginning I though it was kinda funny. Later it started to creep me out a little. And then I went away and never returned.

And here is where all superlatives and fun end.

Where could I even start?

Arrival.
When we have arrived, as privileged guests of the mighty Trianon suite, the staff were very blasé about the whole baggage thing. Meaning absolutely no-body asked if we wanted help with our bags. So I ended up bringing 5 huge bags by myself to the 15th floor. All this time, there was at least three members of the hotel staff in the reception front area, every single one of them obviously busy with their laptops of I-phones. Not a memorable start.

At the time when I have booked and prepaid the Trianon suite on the internet (beware dodgy AGODA.com), the Trianon suite in the Trianon hotel was advertised as providing parking and breakfast included.
Surprise, surprise! When I went to hand over my car keys to the reception staff, as no-one bothered to offer any valet service, the reception guy informed me that, yes, it’s true the hotel avails of parking, but the guests have to park themselves in the underground PAY parking behind the hotel!!! Thanks a bunch, Agoda and Trianon!
For any-one who is vaguely familiar with how idiotic the parking system is in Abu Dhabi, this will have a lot of meaning. Won’t go into further details.

Inside.
In the Trianon suite, there was only one bath robe. We asked for and got a second one the following day. Short-lived happiness though, as the very next day the cleaning staff decided it was time to snatch one back again.

The coffee machine had exactly two coffee capsules. On the second day we ran out, no capsules were replenished. On the third day I asked the cleaning and catering staff about the coffee capsules. They politely informed me that I need to request more coffee capsules at the Reception! Wish granted on the forth day. Ha ha ha, I don’t even know a word capable to even remotely describe how ridiculous this felt.

In the meantime, we kept receiving the free daily paper to our door every morning, unsolicited, with religious precision. Not sure where the savings are coming from for the Trianon management: giving me a free paper every morning or not replenishing the one coffee capsule for each privileged Trianon suite guest.

Check-out.
Anyways to cut it short, after a week of sub-average services and strange pool going (by the end of it my wife has learnt to ignore all the close-range long stares) we checked out. Despite the advertised “fast-track check in and check out”, for the Trianon suite guests, we were left waiting for cca 10 – 12 minutes to wait for the cleaning staff to check if we haven’t stolen any towels.

Overall a bit weird for 1000 dirhams a day. Won’t go back in a rush.

Room Tip: Trianon suite, manage your service expectations.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed there 16th November for 1 night. It was just a hotel base for a trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi to see the Grand mosque and Cornice with my parents. We had a shock when we read the previous reviews, even wondered if it would be still open! Well it was, and all fine. The rooms were OK, with a nice and comfortable double bed and seating area. Nothing special - functional. Our room was a bit like it was humid and the place felt damp. But nonetheless functional.

We used the Groupon voucher and all OK. 350AED for large room and breakfast.

The staff are clearly learning (hotel has been open for 2-3 months). But willing over breakfast.

All in all, we wanted to correct some of the previous reviews. Not a nightmare. That's for sure.

Room Tip: The Lebanese around the corner from Chijs was excellent. We sat out side. 200 AED for 6! Lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It's my first time in this hotel and I'm very particular with first impression.

What I like in Trianon Hotel is the accessibility of the hotel, the presentation of the room itself and friendly and helpful staffs.

Accessibility:

From the airport, I've asked the taxi if he's aware of the hotel but he's not. Good thing I got the direction from one of the hotel's concierge a day before my flight. So, I told the taxi that we just need to go to Al Mariah Center because the hotel is near by the mall. We took Salam road ans when we came to Hamdam after seeing Al Mariah Center, Trianon Hotel is just opposite it.

Nice Presentation of the room

When I was looking for a hotel in booking.com, I was already attracted of the room arrangement. It's spacious and it looks like a cozy one. But sometimes, the photos online is not the actual picture when you're already in the hotel. But I have search the hotel's website and I've read that the hotel has been renovated so I guess everything is new.

When I arrive in the room, I really loved the room... it really looks nice. The bed is so soft. The linens were personalized. The bathroom is so nice. It has complete set of toiletries. They even have mouthwash, toothbrush, loofah, shave and soaps/ shampoo/ shower gels. You don't have to ask the hotel staffs anymore.

Friendly staffs

The staffs were approachable and helpful.

Room Tip: Even the 1 bedroom is spacious and comfy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Looks like the place went bust. All the lights are out.
Closed till further notice/

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

This newly made 4-star hotel is on main locality of Hamdan St. of Abu Dhabi, surrounded by good hotels, and recreational park with corniche beach. Excellent interior with good hospitality makes you comfortable for your stay at AD. Hotel has its pricey vehicles for airport pickup & drop. With Grand Continent, Le Royal Meridian, Crowne Plaza, Novotel all its peers surrounded, this will cost you almost 50% cost with same comfort. If you are looking for family vacation or on business trip, further discount will be offered for stay longer than a month or so. Roof top swimming pool and spa with good gym, will not cost you extra.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I live in Dubai and work for my company on assignment in Abu Dhabi from time to time. Last night, I went to check in at this hotel - I was supposed to be staying there till Thursday. Due to F1, our choices were limited this week and the hotel was offering us a very good rate. I walked into reception and was greeted by staff wearing uniforms suits that looked very mismatched. Under the jacket, they wore their own t-shirts! I felt the atmosphere in there was not quite right (couldn't really put my finger on it). In the reception, there was a constant buzzing noise which I knew was the fire alarm. After being checked in, I went up to my room on the 17th floor. What I will say here is that the rooms are massive and, I thought, quite nice. The toiletries were well presented, except for the body lotion which was half empty (somehow, although I know toiletry bottles in hotels are recycled, I just don't want to know if you get my drift!). After looking round the room, my next step is always to switch on the TV. I tried the remote, not working! So - after a bit of a faff, I switched the TV on, on the TV itself. Nothing happened. OK, I thought, perhaps i messed something up, so I called down to reception, explained my TV was not working and they said they would send someone up. Not long before a very nice lady (not wearing uniform) appeared at my door - I was quite impressed, thinking she was some sort of handy woman/technician. She introduced herself and said she was from the hotel, I explained again my TV was not working. Oh, she said. I invited her in and then she explained to me there was some sort of problem with the cable company (E-Vision, in case anyone wants to know) and they had not had TV for a day. Incidentally, we had been emailing and calling the hotel for the best part of two days before I checked in and no calls were picked up, nor were emails responded to. I also showed her the bottle of cream. She immediately offered to change my room. I asked if this would make any difference to the TV and she said it wouldn't because it was not the hotel that was causing it. Long and short, I didn't stay there, mainly because I was unhappy about the fire alarm (i.e., a possible lack of a system). Before I left was I did speak with one of the staff who told me the hotel was suffering financial problems and that the staff had not been paid for something like seven months and just this week, they were not even being fed. We, who live here, know this happens and, as a group, they have sought assistance from the government, which will take time to come to fruition, but I just wanted to warn others who may feel the hotel is offering good deals that all that glitters is not gold. Incidentally, working in Facilities in this part of the world, my Director and I were convinced the alarm and lack of TV, etc. was due to the fact that they are not paying their bills. Last, but not least, they had 25% occupancy last night. Not a good sign really when every practically every room in AuH has been sold at a hugely inflated price! Incidentally, I was lucky enough to get into the Eclipse Hotel Apartments (or is it Apartment Hotel?) - very happy there!

I have rated the hotel but I cannot say that the ratings are true because I did not end up staying there, however, having seen the room I would have stayed in, I thought it was fine.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Trianon Hotel? Share your experiences!