“What a hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Abu Dhabi

Save Saved
You added Rosewood Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Rosewood Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi 00000, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #13 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
“What a hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Rosewood Abu Dhabi is one of the few places i have been to where everything is perfect. First location, the hotel is on a Maryah island a few steps from the newly opened Galleria Mall with its high end shops. Second the hotel itself is beautifully designed inside out. third, rooms. spacious and very well appointed. i also liked the use of the ipad to control everything from TV, lights and the AC. Fourth, the food. Everything from breakfast to in room dinning is great. i loved the Indian food. last but the most important point is the service. The Rosewood offers, the highest level of service from the moment you check in up until check out. I think this is what differentiate between a good hotel and a great one. One person in particular stands out, the Sommelier at La Cava (sorry i forgot his name). He represents what i do believe as a next level of excellence.
I had a wonderful break at the Rosewood and i am sure i will be visiting again soon.
A job very well done.

Room Tip: stayed on the 6th floor. Had a room over looking the pool, You will hear some music coming from the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Luigi R, managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Omar,

I greatly appreciate such amazing feedback on our hotel, ‘perfect’ is certainly the biggest praise we can ever receive. We work hard to achieve the highest level of service at all times and it is very rewarding when it is appreciated by our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I will for sure pass on your comments onto to the rest of the team and especially to Isael, our Head Sommelier.

We look forward to your visit soon!

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was actually a family / business trip as I had the possibility to spent some time with my family prior to business meetings.
The arrival experience was great. Been escorted to the room with a great view. Technology in the room is of the highest standard and internet speed was superb.
We used Aqua, Sambusek, Spice Mella and Glo and the service & food quality/presentation was amazing ... especially in Spice Mella.
If you enjoy Shisha, Simon up in Glo is the man to go to. We had a great time.
Family enjoyed goig to the cinema, Yas Waterpark and Ferrari World. Even so that it was not that busy we bought the Speed tickets and that surely saved us a few hours of waiting time.
Overall a superb hotel, great for busieness or leisure trips.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Luigi R, Managing Director at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you Martina for you wonderful feedback.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had fun exploring Abu Dhabi.
We will be sharing your positive comments with Simon and the rest of the team.

Hope to welcome you soon to Rosewood Abu Dhabi!

Warm regards,
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ime sat chilling by the pool as I write this review. My wife and I arrived Thursday evening to celebrate my wife's birthday.
I have to say everything has been perfect, the attention you receive from the staff is second to none. All the staff remember your name, numerous staff members have wished my wife Happy Birthday, we cannot fault a thing.
Each day we return to the room to find a gift of some sort, last night was a very nice bottle of Red Wine.
We fly home tomorrow and I would like to say a big thank you to all staff members, in particular Nona who has been excellent. We have no hesitation at all in highly recommending this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Abu Dhabi.
If you do come request a high room as the views are better, we are in 907 which is perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary, I envy you, I wish I was by the pool! I would like to wish your wife a delayed Happy Birthday and hope you both had a memorable stay with us.

Thank you for this amazing feedback that I will definitely share with Nona and the rest of team.

Look forward to welcome you again at Rosewood Abu Dhabi!

Kind Regards,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I wanted to see how nice their buffet in Aqua was. However, we ended up skippping lunch as the main course can only be taken one time, while salads and desserts are part of the buffet. We went to the Pool Bar instead. View was so nice overlooking the other side of old Abu Dhabi. Lady staff who served our food and drinks was friendly while the male staff look tough and unfriendly, except for the Asian guy. It was a nice experience and we intend to come back in evening unwind.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid comments.

Since your feedback, I have alerted our team in Food & Beverage and we have diligently addressed this issue. We are very passionate about delivering friendly, personalized service and regret that you had this negative experience.

We have also now opened Friday Brunch at Aqua with a delicious buffet including dishes from our 4 restaurants and seating available on the terrace.

We look forward to welcoming you again and thanks again for your constructive comments.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I must first say that I am only really commenting here on the bar service, specifically the Hidden Bar, with its outdoor terrace, and we have been back 3 times, but this is entirely due to the fact that the hotel itself is stunning, and in a stunning setting. When you walk into Reception, the service is impeccable, everyone is smiling and helpful, and I am at a loss to know why this does not extend to the staff in the bar, who must be some of the worse I have come across in Abu Dhabi. No one here smiles, it's takes forever to order a drink, forever for them to arrive (although they are perfect drinks when they do eventually get to the table)........once we had chewed up fruit rinds from the previous table occupants drinks, left next to the coasters as they served us new drinks........I am sorry at 50aed+ a drink, and your staff don't remove old peel....... I think not! I have been up to the bar to order the bill, and although no other customers there, the 3 staff all pretend to look busy, studiously avoid your eye, and no-one smiles and says a basic "how can I help you?". Without exception they all look like they hate their jobs, and maybe the Manager is not supportive, but frankly at these prices, that's not really my problem. Come on Rosewood, you need to up your game, you have a fabulous setting, an amazing opportunity to be raking in some income, how hard can it be to teach your bar staff to be pleasant, warm, and genuine with their customers? I give 5 for the setting and 0 for service, hence the overall 3.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your helpful comments.

We are also very disappointed about the service experience you received at the Hidden Bar.

Please be assured that we have taken your feedback very constructively and we have been focusing on perfecting our services.

Kindly send me your comments next time you visit the Hidden Bar!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

this is a really nice hotel I really enjoyed the room. However was let down by 3 things:

1- The breakfast in the main restaurant no food was on the buffet we had to literally beg for the food
2- The most ugly tent around the pool which really destroyed the whole ambiance
3- It took us over 40 minutes to get our luggage from the room to the car after we checked out

Apart from that the room was great excellent butler service with attention to detail, my wife and son really enjoyed the 2 nights there and would probably come back again. Its a pity the Spa and health club and more then half the restaurants were was closed as well.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gomaam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments.

My apology for the service shortfalls. We are always eager and committed to improve and we will resolve accordingly. Also, the tent was built for Iftar during Ramadan and has been removed. Since then, we now have all the restaurants and services opened and working 100%.

I really believe this was one-time experience and we can be so much better!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've stayed in Rosewood in both Jeddah and Riyadh and the quality has always been superb. I was eager to try out the Rosewood here and I wasn't disappointed in terms of the quality of the rooms and the overall building. The staff were eager to please but do need more time to get used to the property. The restaurants are remarkable (for an amazing Michelin experience try Catalan).

The downside is the bar and nightclub which are part of the property. The noise is deafening and for a hotel which should be billed as a business property I don't know who thought of placing a bar that puts out bass until one am alongside the main hotel. This ruins the hotel's atmosphere and will irritate a significant number of the guests (we were staying on the 12th floor and could still hear the music).

I hope that management make amends (the staff were very kind and offered us earplugs, but really do you expect to hear R&B until the wee hours?) and changes the bar/nightclub as it's a shame to ruin such a wonderful property.

Room Tip: The higher up the better! Away from the noise!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Alex for your opinion and comments on your experience with us.

I have passed your feedback on to our Food and Beverage team. Please be informed we made amends and we have adjusted the music and sound system at Glo, so we believe there will no longer be an issue.

I apologize that this affected your stay, but would love to see you back soon for more of Chefs Antonio’s Catalan Cuisine.

Luigi Romaniello

Been to Rosewood Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!