“Great hotel for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Khalidiya Hotel

You added Khalidiya Hotel to your Saves list
Khalidiya Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zayed the First Street | P.O. Box 6727, Abu Dhabi 6727, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #96 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Limerick, Ireland
“Great hotel for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We used to live in Abu Dhabi and we would use this hotel as our regular weekly meeting spot with friends for drinks and dinner. We were passing back through Abu Dhabi and we booked this hotel for two nights for our stay. After reading a few of the recent comments on this forum I became a little concerned. However we saw no evidence of any of the negative comments from other guests. Check in was quick and easy even though it was at quarter past midnight. We only paid 52 euros per night but we were put in a large club room on the fourth floor. It was a non smoking floor and there were no signs or smells at all from smoking. In the Middle East this is not an easy feat! Rooms were clean and in a good condition and equal to any sheraton we have stayed in in other countries. There is some discussion on the forum that this hotel is no longer a sheraton, but we saw no evidence of this - all the collateral and standards seemed to be the same as when we lived in the UAE. No smoking is a little harder to achieve in the restaurants, and the anti smoking laws seem to have gone backwards since we lived there. Just ask the wait staff for the best place to sit in the restaurants if you are eating on site. Some other tips.. Airport taxi to hotel was about 85 dirhams and if you book the room through an online agency and not directly with the hotel they may ask you for your card details to cover room service etc. if you prefer to not to do this you can pay cash as you go, which is good.. Just make us you have some if you are ordering room service. Check out was quick and easy. We Would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

From the second I walked into this "hotel", I was over whelmed by the stench of smoke and beer coming from the pub downstairs, not exactly the best thing to experience. Moreover, one couldn't help but notice how many "nice girls", ventured into and outside this place, it attracts that kind of crowd if you know what I mean. I have no clue how the Sheraton even accepted to have their brand associated with this establishment.

I stayed on the 4th floor which was supposedly the club floor and it supposed to be non-smoking...yea right....the entire floor smells like smoke alongside some weird mold like stench.

I stayed in room 414 and I can't begin to describe how unclean I felt the whole time I stayed there. The shower curtains from the bottom were brown...something you expect to see in a fraternity and not a Sheraton hotel. The single couch in the room had nasty stains on it and God knows what they were and where they came from.

The only positive thing about this hotel were the hard working valet parking attendants...nice guys who always managed to keep a smile on their faces.

Overall I would recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one week on a business trip. This rundown hotel used to Sheraton but not anymore, Though the sign on the top says so. The hotel has no smoking and non smoking separated floors. The smoke keeps circulate with the air conditioners. The floors are dirty as will as the food. They shift food from breakfast to lunch to dinners. The towels and the bed-sheets are old and need replacements.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cairo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been at this hotel for three nights, the location is very good as it is very close to the corniche and to Khaldiya Mall, the breakfast was very good but no more varities, overall it very good hotel for buisnes trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 25 nights, when I relocated to Abu Dhabi. The hotel offers free wi-fi service and overall I had a good experience. Sheraton brand was associated with the hotel during my stay. The service and comforts are good for the money you pay. The breakfast is good and the lunch and dinner buffets are also reasonably good. The hotel is also centrally located and has a mall stone throw away and corniche is just a 5 minutes walk.

Room Tip: choose higher floor and sea view rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed three nights before going to Bali and was received very kindly. The room was roomy and clean. Free WiFi was provided. Breakfast room was good. The staff were very helpful. We were not flying until two in the morning but we're allowed a late check out which was free of charge.
The bar was very cosy and the food good.
The location was excellent. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

me and my colleagues stayed at this hotel many times and there were long duration unfortunately.And every time we stay here we face some other new problem.Like for example today I was checking my laundry that I've received from the hotel and I found out that my expensive dress was totally ruined and another expensive t-shirt also.My dad's comfortable shoes are missing and he will never get them back.and when we reached our room a lot of things weren't functioning.The service is bad overall.The food is not clean.I was harassed by guests many times.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Khalidiya Hotel? Share your experiences!