“overnight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

You added Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche Road | P.O. Box 640, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #34 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
salford
“overnight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

we stayed here july 2012 for one night as a stopover on our way to Australia, the hotel and staff were amazing from getting out the taxi to getting us a taxi the next day to the airport, after checking in we went for a look round, my husband saw the gym and went for a work out that night, the rooms were luxurious and the bed so comfortable and big, lovely bathrooms with toiletries, and breakfast the next morning was plentiful and fresh, coffee and juice were brought to the table and all staff were courteous,had a morning by the pool and beach before going to the airport, we were surprised by the amount of building work that was going on round the beach area but it didn't bother us, i have recommended this hotel to friends and family if they ever stay in Abu Dhabi,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities to your liking.

I was especially pleased to read that our associates took good care of you and I would like to remain at your disposal, should you decide to return to Abu Dhabi, to handle all arrangements personally.

Martin Cramer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My Husband (72) and myself (67) stayed at the Sheraton for two night early June 2013. We arrived about 8.00am after an all night flight from Dublin. Our bags were taken care of from the moment the taxi pulled up in front. Check in was quick and the lady very helpful. When booking we had paid so we could go straight to our room. We were informed that we were eligible to have breakfst that morning. Our bags followed us right to our room. We decided to go down for breakfast before having a sleep. Breakfast was a help yourself with a very big and varied range to choose from, salads meat, pasties,fruit, eggs cooked how you want them baked beans, tomato, bacon little sausages and so on and on...tea and Coffee was brought to your table. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Our room was a good size (416) with a couple of easy chairs, good size TV, we only had a small view looking out onto a street. Bathroom was a good size with lovely toiletries, bathrobes etc.but it was a funny set up, it was long and narrow, first you came to the hand basin, then walking through, the bath, then at the end the toilets. Room was serviced daily. Two free bottles of water a day. We had no traffic noise at all. It has a beautiful pool area and lovely access to a beach area which is well maintained and lots of relaxing seating. We had tea one night at the little coffee shop downstairs, burger,chips tea/coffee. 175 Dirams for two, it was a good size plate full. The hotel is very clean and tidy. We left at 6.15 am and help was sent up for our bags and a taxi waiting. Check out was prompt. We booked through our travel agent and got a really good early bird special which included breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Gingermegs,

I firstly would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you found something to do while in the hotel, especially pleased to read that our associates took good care of you and your husband as at the end of the day, the human experience is what matters the most.

We hope you will be coming back in the nearest future, therefore please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to handle all the arrangements on your behalf, meet you while in the hotel and personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your detailed and useful review.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Neat hotel, reasonably priced.
Comforatble rooms and amenities. Room service is prompt. Checkin and check out are well managed and fast.

Very good interiors. Amply supplied with complementary tea and coffee in the rooms.
Breakfast is good with a wide selection.

Air conditioning is very good, Bed comfort is excellent.

In short, one of the best hotels in the region.

I will sure recommend it for a business or pleasure trip.

Room Tip: All rooms in general are good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time in our hotel and found all services and amenities to your liking.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit, should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me to personally ensure of your comfort.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel and Resort!! Warm welcome from valet staff, quick and efficient and friendly reception. Stayed in a perfect room with great internet capability, huge variety of channels on TV, clean room, well-stocked mini-bar, room service was awesome, even at 4am. Club Lounge was well-attended, Cloud Nine bar friendly and superior service by Elena, Nelia and Rhea; 6-star service! Pool and outdoors activities are plentiful and enjoyable, the Tavern Bar and Zenith are true pleasures to go to. The experience was wonderful and that is why Sheraton Abu Dhabi is my #1 choice of hotels in the Arabian Gulf! Thank you Mr. Martin Cramer and Ms. Diana Martinet and entire leadership and Sheraton team!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team of associates took good care of you and made you feel welcomed at all time. I will certainly share your feedback with the team as they will appreciate the same and see that their efforts are allowing our guest to experience the service levels and comfort we strive to deliver.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Recently renovated but not enough.

The room felt cramped. It wasn't small but furniture arrangement & size was mismatched.

Bathroom water pressure was dodgy.

Room service was efficient.

There is a tax called 'tray charge' that's added on to the bill everyone you otter room service.
Involuntary room service tip?
If I had energy I'd challenge them about it.

Another thing is the hidden 'unesco charity' on the check out invoice.

Sheraton, I'd be happy to donate, but alert me about it instead of hiding it inbetween the room charges.

Also, the East European check out
assistant was unprofessional. Instead of making light chat, she proceeded to ask me many personal questions.

Location is good but then again, because Abu Dhabi is served by a well thought out block system, a grid system like New York ,everything is relatively nearby.

I've been to many Sheraton hotels. There's nothing about this Sheraton that makes it a Sheraton
It's barely a Sheraton really.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

Please note that we take such firsthand feedback very seriously and use the comments to improve on our service offering whenever relevant.

I was of course quite disappointed that you did not find the hotel facilities to your liking and while I agree that we are not the most recently open hotel in town, we nonetheless constantly maintain and upgrade our facilities and as you may see from most reviews our customer tend to enjoy them. It of course then comes to a matter of taste and appreciation and I very much respect your opinion in that matter.

With regards to our “Check Out For Children” Initiative, the same has been established by our company more than 1 decade ago to assist UNICEF in its efforts and all relevant information is normally handed to the guest upon arrival with the option to opt out if so desired. I apologize if this procedure was not followed upon your arrival.

You may rest assured that I will share your feedback with my entire team.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you for the time you took to share your comments with us.

Belgrade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I rarely write a review before checkout but won't have time for it after this travel so better to do it now.
I am visiting friends in Abu Dhabi and was looking for a hotel very close to center of the city, with some grounds around it and at reasonable price - Sheraton has it all and more and that is why I grade it 5 (sure there are some more luxurious hotels in AD).
CHECK IN was very fast and pleasant. Problem with credit card was solved by charming lady on the reception in seconds so everything was OK. Some difference between my reservation in the system and one sent to my email was also solved immediately and I was off to my room - I've chosen Club room on resort side (looking to the sea side) and got room 535. In the morning customer relation were kind enough to call me and to check was everything to my satisfaction on check in.
ROOMS are not too big as some reviewers noted however are very well equipped with REALLY everything you could need on your stay but, most of all, have very warm atmosphere inside them. Room with ice maker is on the floor near the elevators so you can't run out of it :) I preferred the resort side because it is more sunny during the day.
POOL - not too big but very nice, with well equipped pool bar and very polite stuff.
BEACH - OK, if You are looking for a beach holiday I guess there are a lot of other destinations much better then Abu Dhabi :) Beach is small but from a hotel in the center of the city that is what you can expect. However, clean and nice... with those two buildings being built some 100m across the water.
Construction site nearby - I did not mind. It was even interesting to see it. Abu Dhabi is being built all around and I am sure it will be finished soon enough. Noise from it - in Your room there will be NO NOISE whatsoever in ANY time of day or night, do not worry :) When on the pool - of course, You can hear the site but it sound more like 'city noise' - nothing too disturbing ... if you are nervous kind of person and bothered by everything - yup, it might give you a thrill :) People complaining by the sea view, again - so many 'view resorts' around the world, for view do not come to Abu Dhabi - I tried looking at the sea from many places here and did not like not one of them :)
FOOD - very good breakfast, good selection of European and arabic food but you can also find sushi and few more things :)
CLUB concept - go for it - I find it too be good value ... I missed breakfast time few times, felt peckish in the afternoon - Club is on the 6th floor - selection of nice cheese, some sandwiches or ham, fresh vegetables and fruits, small cakes, nuts, drinks ... really nice and quite handy (from 10am-8pm). Also You can enjoy happy hour drinks from 6pm-8pm on the 1st floor club. I also had fast internet in this concept (OK, not too fast but worked very nice).
PEOPLE - for me possibly the biggest value of this hotel. EVERYBODY so nice, helpful and so well trained on their job. They really contributed a lot to the warm atmosphere this hotel has.

To sum it up - very nice stay, highly recommend it if You value same things I did. Will be coming back for sure:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and certainly appreciate that time taken to comment on your experience in different aspects.

I was especially pleased that our associates took good care of you at all times and made your feel welcomed though out your visit. As you have mentioned yourself, the associates of the hotel have a very important influence on our customer’s experience and you may rest assured that your comments will be shared with them.

We will certainly be looking forward to receiving you again in the future and do not hesitate to contact me directly to personally handle all arrangements.

Once again, thank you for your time and kind comments

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed for just one night to test out the facilities and to take advantage of a cheap summer offer. I live just a couple of miles away but had never really spent much time at the Sheraton.

There's efficient valet parking outside and check-in at reception was quick.

I'd booked a club room but the room I got was pretty small. Seemed like a standard room in any other hotel. There was a tiny balcony (no room to sit) with a view over the pool. This is definitely one of the oldest hotels in Abu Dhabi but is well maintained and has great facilities.

Enjoyed a hour at the beach which despite being surrounded by construction and roads is still fairly pleasant. The pool area was very busy, with day visitors to the pool bar I think, as it was the weekend.

I tried out the club lounge which has to be one of the smallest lounges I've ever seen. Just 2 bedrooms that have been converted. There was a small selection of food and the waiter was attentive with top ups of wine. Had dinner in the Spanish tapas restaurant which was good, reasonable value and somewhere I plan to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Bean,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall visit and that you managed to make good use of the hotel’s leisure facilities.

Your comments have been well noted and have been shared with the relevant associates who take great pride in delivering a flawless experience to our guests.

I am happy that you enjoyed your dinner at “Bravo” our Spanish Tapas bar and please let me know when you plan your next visit in order for me to come and introduce myself.

Once again thank you for your time and warm regards

Deputy General Manager

Been to Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!