“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

You added Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche Road | P.O. Box 640, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really liked the layout of the room, very clean. Lovely bed, I would have liked to stay in it for longer but hade go to the lobby to use my iPod as there is no free Wi-Fi in the room. I don’t think that 2013 I should pay extra for that! Lovely bathroom, I loved to take long luxuries bath. Icy machine, very convenient. My room was facing the high rise building and partly overlooking the sea. I think at the moment it was very good juice as there is building going on at the poolside which spoils the relaxation in the pool and lagoon. Lots of dust everywhere. Reception staff very friendly but pool staff not so. But saying all this I would like to stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for poolside room till building work has been completed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Bernicia,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking at returning in the near future. Should you finalize you plans, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

In regards to the confusion about the WIFI, please note that we are offering free WIFI to all our guests throughout the hotel at a regular speed level which allows you to view any website or use your e-mails. For heavy documents download or live stream we offer a faster option which on the other hand is at a very moderate fee.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Check in was a bit slow, and the receptionist looked a bit flustered. There was also a language barrier, which is something i would not expect on the front dest at the Sheraton.
I arrived late and went to the pub there, and had food brought over to me by the bar - the staff were helpful.
I was here for 2 nights including new years eve. Had a great relaxing time by the pool, there was a nice crowd of mixed people around. And i heard there was construction work going on but when arrived there was not bothered by the work going on in the distance.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, i used the spa and gym and even the hairdressers. They had laid on some outdoors new years celebrations which looked good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for posting a review of your New Year’s Eve stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you managed to celebrate New Year in a fantastic fashion.

I will review your comments about your arrival process with our Front Office associates.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us

Warm regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. Only downside was the building of a hotel which spoilt some of our sea view. On the whole a positive hotel experience within clean, friendly and hospitable surroundings.

Room Tip: Check if the room still has a sea view and is not obstructed by the building work. Breakfast was pri...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Nazel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities to your liking.

I was especially pleased to read that our associates took good care of you and I would like to remain at your disposal, should you decide to return to Abu Dhabi, to handle all arrangements personally.

Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just spend 9 nights there, was wonderful. Lovely rooms, with super comfy bed, beautiful pool & beach area (with fruit kebabs & iced towels), really lovely staff & very convenient location. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback about your recent visit with us on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that our associates took good care of you.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly should you plan a future visit with us as I would be more than happy to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

Ruwais, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Sheraton Hotel & Resort was great. Upon check-in, I did notice a few things that were more a product of the hotel's original design than anything else; relatively small lobby and club level rooms. Once settled in, I was initially frustrated with my slow internet connection, but within minutes, the hotel IT staff corrected the problem and I had no further connectivity issues.

The hotel staff was nothing short of stellar, as was their breakfast buffet, grounds, food quality and value, and location. The atmosphere and service at Cloud 9 (inside hotel) was impeccable, with attentive wait staff members that are clearly well-trained and professional. The pianist there is nothing short of spectacular, and surely shares DNA with Beethoven or Mozart...or at minimum, Elton John.

Overall, a very pleasant experience, and definitely one of Abu Dhabi's finest hotels. Their 5 Star rating is well-deserved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Harris,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

Your comments about our facilities have been well noted.

I was very pleased with your feedback on our associates professionalism and overall behavior, as I believe this is what really makes a difference in a customer’s experience. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team.

I remain at your disposal should you plan a future visit to Abu Dhabi as I would like to personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights at this hotel as part of a business trip to Abu Dhabi. Although the property is one of the oldest in Abu Dhabi however, it is now fully renovated. My standard room is a bit small compared to other hotels but, it has got everything in it. I just loved their office corner where I can work in the evenings. Very convenient for business. The staff are very friendly. I tried their breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. They were all great with lots of variety. Thier gym is very well equipped. I was a bit disappointed by their tiny and crowded pool. I went down one afternoon for a swim and changed my mind immediately. Other than that, if you are on a business trip, the property has a grwat central location right at the corniche.

Room Tip: I had city view which was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Customer,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read that you had a successful stay and managed to use most of our facilities.
Your kind comments have been well noted and will be shared with our associates who take great pride in delivering a flawless experience to our customers.
Once again thank you for your review.
Warm regards,

liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Checked in on Friday 12th April on the beach at the moment. Do not let negative reviews put you off this hotel.yes there is building work nearby but the whole of Abu Dhabi is a building site.

This hotel is a jewel which is why it's our 3rd running visit.after a night flight our room was ready at 8.00am great touch .food fantastic and varied ,the beds are that good you struggle to get out of.

On the beach with a cold towel and fruit great touch everyday you simply cannot ask for better

Room Tip: Go club level
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbstu,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.
I am always very happy to read such positive review from our regular patrons and hope to have the opportunity in person and introduce myself during a future visit.

I am happy that you are enjoying our new beds, I enjoyed them so much myself that I have purchased one for my personal home use.

Please contact me when planning your next stay with us as I would like to personally ensure of your comfort.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!