“A good all rounder” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

You added Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche Road | P.O. Box 640, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #34 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A good all rounder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Having stayed here for 2 nights this hotel is very good. However for 5 star I expect that something extra and this is where the hotel is lacking compared to other newer hotels. Whilst there is little to complain about, the hotel is getting a bit tired, rooms are small and the pool is busy / had music most of the day which is a shame as takes away that relaxing feeling. However it's good value and convenient so would have no hesitation returning. In particular the manager of the pool area (tall chap, wears a suit) is very sweet and friendly and definitely needs a mention.

• Stayed October 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear 1985waterbaby,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the service of my colleagues. You are of course correct that our hotel is not as modern as many of the newer hotels in our city, however, I believe that what sets us apart from our new competitors in the city is the fact that we provide a much more personalized service which is much appreciated by our guests as is also evident in many of the reviews on this site. I do look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and if there is anything I can assist you with in the meantime, please do let me know.

Yours sincerely,

J. Thomas C. van Opstal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

When I decided to make a stop in Abu Dhabi of course the name Sheraton was very familiar to me. I have to say the hotel was excellant, fantastic. Everything from the floors to the ceiling, beautifuly decorated. The bars, and dining areas.......so many to choose from. Your taste buds will be in haven. Did I mention a night club for those that want to shack a leg, LOL.
The staff was just as equally superd. Very helpful and friendly. Each time I called the reception they aswered by saying, "may I help you Ms so&so". I liked that. It gave me the feeling of being more then just a room number calling.
They do have a shuttle for those that want to venture out the the enormous mall

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Reina,

Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of most of our facilities.

I was especially pleased that our associates took good care of you and made you feel comfortable and welcomed.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to host you again in the future and I would be pleased to handle all arrangements personally.

Thank you for your time and warm regards

Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have just returned from a superb break in Abu Dhabi. I chose the Sheraton as it is a brand I trust and was not let down. The hotel is superb and not just a faceless, shiny tower block. It has character and the interior is beautiful. Lots of marble and dark wood. The staff are a credit to the group and gave superb service throughout my stay. From the housekeeping who were always on hand to sort out the room at no matter what time I tumbled out of bed, right through to the front of house staff. I tried the Mexican and Italian for dinner and they were both very good. The Tavern is an excellent watering hole with live music, great food, sky sports and staff who new what I was drinking after the 3rd day :-). They have a private beach which is nice and a huge range of facilities to keep you busy. I also indulged in the Friday Bubbly Brunch. 3 hours for a set price with unlimited sparkling white wine and your choice from a truly massive selection of quality food. The menu covers everything from soup, sushi, curries, seafood, local dishes, roast beef, salads, amazing desserts....if you can think of it, it is probably on the menu in some variety.

I really enjoyed this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend this to any one for business or pleasure. Great for couples, families...anyone really.

Prices for food and drink are towards the top end for the area but this is to be expected. A beer is around 30 UED's and a Guinness is around 40 UED's. Snack food (Pizza etc) comes in at around 50-60 UED's and for a great 2 course plus a drink allow around 140 UED's per person. (prices accurate at Sept. 2012).

Thank you Sheraton for the great, friendly service and a superb break in temperatures that did not fall below 39 degrees.

Room Tip: As is the norm in Abu Dhabi construction work is always ongoing. Maybe choose a room at the front of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DBG Dundee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and took good notes of all your kind comments.

I will of course share your feedback with our associates who take great pride in offering a flawless experience to our customers.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist you.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post in great details your experience with us

Warm regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Sheraton.I have been to this hotel on a number of occasions with my family, I travelled alone this time,I was made very welcome, the staff were fantastic. When I arrived at the hotel, my room had been upgraded, it was a fabulous room. The breakfast was probably the best I have had anywhere in the world, plenty of choice for all. The pool area is good for adults with a swim up bar and also had a childrens pool with a slide. Beach area is very clean with plenty of available sunbeds. The gym is state of the art. I will certainly choose the Sheraton again! (as always). Thanks to all the staff who seem to go the exra mile to make you feel welcome. Can't fault the place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mrs. Sheen,

It was a pleasure to welcome you once again in our hotel and I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Sheraton Abu Dhabi and to Starwood in general.

It is very rewarding to see that we can still impress repeat customers and your comments will be shared with our team.

I do hope that we will meet on your next visit

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to Sheraton Abu dhabi for 4 days and it was brilliant! Service was good, lots of good restaurants especially the Lebanese one..the pool/beach area was great and very relaxing.. All round was a great experience

Note for management little things to improve... If you can play more Arabic music for example by the shisha place or even the odd song by the pool, didn't get a sense of the Arabic culture

And can you promote the restaurants and club better because there was promotions we didn't hear about

But would recommend this hotel to anyone... Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Sukhy,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience in our hotel in tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your break with us and has the opportunity to try some of the many restaurants we offer.

Your positive comments about our Lebanese Armenian restaurant will be shared with the team who take great pride in delivering a flawless service to our guests.

We will certainly add some Arabic Music in our Shisha Lounge to give it a more Arabic feel, thank you for your recommendations.

I would like to remain at your disposal should you wish to come back to Abu Dhabi in the future in order to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really like staying here when I am in Abu Dhabi on business - the outdoor area is great with lots of shady spots around the pool to relax and read in. There is a bit of sea water to cool off in and a pool bar. The staff are friendly but the rooms are a little dark and the building is looking a little tired when you compare it to the glass structures all around. Also, it doesn't help that there is a building site blocking the view to the sea and causing lots of peace-shattering noise.
On balance, it's good. I would rate it 3.5 but as that is not a choice, I'm giving it 4.
Definitely good value though. Breakfast is impressive!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Debthe,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that we count you as one of our loyal customers in Abu Dhabi.

On your note related to our rooms, please note that we have started a soft refurbishment of our rooms, only a few at a time not to have any guest disturbance, with a focus on improving clarity and modernizing the décor.

I would be pleased to meet you during a future visit and would appreciate if you could notify me of your arrival

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My friends and I spent 7 nights in the beautiful Sheraton Abu Dhabi and had the most relaxed holiday ever. Having spent around 9 hours on a flight the airport pick arranged by the hotel up was just on time to whisk us off for our mini back, neck and shoulder massage pre booked at the Sheraton Spa to shake off the jet lag. Honestly it is the best massage I have ever had. For just an express massage it felt like it went on forever. The rest of our stay was just as smooth. Fantastic pool and pool bar, we tried every restaurant in the resort and couldnt decide which one to return to on our last night as they were all so good. The rooms were spacious and had everything you would expect from a Sheraton hotel, great bathrooms! There was a lot of construction and development but nothing that wasn't expected from that region and it didnt intrude in terms of noise or view.

Room Tip: the club rooms are well worth the small supplement!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear AEM 1980,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor and sharing your experience with other travelers.

I was very pleased to see that you had a wonderful time with us and that our team managed to make you and your friends feel welcomed and comfortable.

Your comments on our SPA and massage therapist have been well noted and will be shared with our resort team.

It is always a pleasure when a customer shares his feedback with us and that I see that we managed to deliver on our promise of service. Should you decide to come back to Abu Dhabi in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to meet you in our hotel.

Thank you for your time and warm regards

Deputy General Manager

Been to Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!