“Great service and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche Road | P.O. Box 640, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #40 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Great service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I took a late booking to get away for some guaranteed sunshine for a week. Abu Dhabi was an interesting location for us as we've visited the other Emirates in other years. The Sheraton staff were exceptionally helpful from Stephanie on reception to Clark the concierge.

We were upgraded upon arrival and we stayed in a Club Room which had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Very good cleaning service.

We enjoyed the food choice and quality at the hotel, especially the breakfast range and a couple of the themed nights - we visited at the end of Ramadan so that we could experience it and the Eid festivities then have about 4 days of non-Ramadan time. We are glad we did that although some people may find the lack of availability of some 'full' services' during Ramadan may cause the odd issue but we expected that.

We would certainly stay here again should we return. Ideal location for the Corniche and various malls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Efqm,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to make full use our facilities and services. I was also pleased to note that my colleagues Stephanie and Clark were able to make your stay more comfortable and I have taken the liberty to inform both of them of your kind comments – you can rest assured that they both are delighted to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed! We are all looking very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel sometime soon and if there is ever anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

690 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the Sheraton and were welcomed by Andrea from Guest Services with an unbelievable charm. She went out of her way to ensure we had an unforgettable stay in Abu Dhabi. The level of service was excellent and we also enjoyed the food in the Mexican restaurant on one of the evenings very much. The live music was great and very diverse. A wonderful evening in great atmosphere. Our breakfast buffet was a great treat and start into the day.

The pool was a very pleasant and refreshing experience as well as it has a nice temperature. The fitness faciltities are top class and the staff is very friendly.

An overall great experience in Abu Dhabi.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Loopedy,

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and the services were up to your expectations. I was particularly happy that you appreciated the service of my colleagues, and especially the service from Andrea, who I know will be very pleased to know that her efforts did not go unnoticed. I look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel hopefully soon and in the meantime I remain with kind regards,

Devon,Great Britain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The sheraton is OK but definitely not 5 star quality we used to go there a lot but then it started falling apart. The quality started dropping, the service is getting poorer and the time it gets to get a can of coke is not up to expectations. The pool is nice and the lifeguard is always on duty... The rooms in there need a desperate refurbishment the food is bland so not a great stay... any more

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Youth_Traveler,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was a little surprised about your negative comments and frankly, feel that they are somewhat exaggerated and I certainly do not agree with your statement that the hotel is “falling apart”. As a matter of fact, our hotel was just inspected by two reputed and independent, international consultancies specializing in hotel inspections and our hotel passed these inspections without fail and has maintained its five star rating without any difficulty – and as you can see from many of the other reviews on TripAdvisor, most of your fellow-reviewers rate our hotel and particularly the service at our hotel, very favorably. Of course we cannot (and do not want to) compete with many of the newer hotels in Abu Dhabi who are undoubtedly very modern and are perhaps even considered to be more stylish when compared to our hotel, however, I still do believe that our guests are much more interested to receive the warm and personal service my colleagues are rendering to them on a daily basis instead of staying at yet another high rise building where service to a guest becomes less important than the look of the building. Obviously this is also a matter of personal taste and I must admit, I am somewhat biased towards my hotel but again, I do not feel that your comments are fair. Of course we make mistakes as well and if in fact the service during your stay was not as per your expectations, I must apologize for this shortcoming from our side. I do hope, however, that you will visit Abu Dhabi again soon and perhaps you have the time to connect with me then and we can discuss your opinions face-to-face. I look very much forward to meeting you and in the meantime, I remain,

Gainesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel on business several times now. Quiet and clean rooms;restaurant food rather bland. Nice location. Great fitness center. Solid business hotel. Plan on returning. On Corniche, easy access to business district.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Riotime,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is always pleasing to read that guests are intending to return to our hotel for another stay and I look forward to welcome you back and hopefully meet you personally the next time your travels bring you to Abu Dhabi. I also took note of your comment with regard to our food quality and I do hope that you will tell me more about your opinion when you stay with us next; our restaurants are usually rated extremely well and we never had a comment that the food was bland so I am very interested to learn where you dined and what we can do to make your next experience better. In the meantime, I wish you safe travels and remain with kind regards,

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

One of the best food i have in UAE, very delicious, loads of variety.

I went with over 20 of my colleagues and it was Late Dinner or Suhoor.

We gone for buffet and there many dishes. One of my friend identified couple of Armenian dishes too in the buffet which were good.

Best were Cherry Kebab, Beef Sujook (Sausage) in hot plate with spicy tomato, Kebab with Eggplant.

Dark Areas:-
--------------
Non Arab Staff is too rude, its like what they serving take it if you ask for more or some change they will be a bit rude.

You have to make a long walk from hotel lobby to find the restaurant and at night it becomes tough to find as you have to cross the swimming pool and make a long walk to find it.

Caiyad Phahad - A Film Maker

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dar Caiyad P.,

thank you very much for posting a review of our Al Mayass Restaurant on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your meal at the restaurant and that you furthermore appreciated the variety of dishes offered on the buffet. Your comment with regard to the friendliness of the service personnel has also been noted and I will review this matter with the restaurant management in order to ensure that incidents of this nature do not recur and I would like to apologize for this apparent drop in our usually high service standards.

We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and to Al Mayass and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and find the atmosphere below my expectation for 5 star hotel. The worse thing was the room service food, plastic wrapped and cold. The lobby was not welcoming, the table was not clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Mubarak_aa,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and that particular the service and food quality in our in-room dining was unsatisfactory. We will review this matter internally and will ensure that such a drop in our usual high standards does not recur again in the future. I do hope that this untoward experience does not prevent you from using our hotel again in the future and if I can assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate contact me directly.

Wollongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for 2 nights both on the way to and on the way back from Europe. The hotel is about 20 mins from the airport. We took a fixed price transfer (not cab) which only cost 70 dirhams. Half the price of the hotel transfer.There was heaps of transport available even at 1.30 in the morning.Queueing is fast and efficient.
Our hotel check-in was very quick and professional. Our room was a king with comfy bed and nice linen - the bathroom quite large with lots of nice towels and toiletries. We did not book the inclusiive buffet breakfast, but there was a plentiful choice on offer.
We ate twice in the Italian restaurant. Food was very good and service very quick - as expected wine was quite expensive. The food served from the pool-bar was also good. The pool is very big with ample loungers for guests. There is also a private beach and another pool, neither of which we used.
We could not fault this hotel, if anything the decor is a little dated but well maintained and very clean.The staff certainly receive very good training in guest relations.
There is some building going on in Abu Dhabi. Although there is construction work going on within view of the hotel,there is no noise although It does spoil the view from the pool. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to those wanting a great value stay with a high level of service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Evertravelling,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your review and to note that you overall enjoyed the facilities and services we offer to our guests. My colleagues and I look very much forward to welcome you back when you travel to Europe next and I hope to have the opportunity to meeting you personally when you next visit Abu Dhabi. Until then, I remain with kind regards,

Your sincerely,

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Been to Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!