“Not a beach hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi

Save Saved
You added Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd Street - Al Zahiyah | Connected to Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi 45200, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #30 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
lancashire, uk
“Not a beach hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights en route home from Australia to break up the journey. It is quite a luxurious Hotel with very good service which is par for the course of a 5 star hotel , however the name is a bit misleading . The only beach is man made ,a stretch of 100 metres of sand next to the hotel gardens ! The pool nearby is lovely , we were supposedly upgraded to a balcony room with a view , but unless you class a multi storey hospital next to a few building sites with tower cranes as a view then I think we were a bit misled . The food is excellent , both the breakfast buffet and dinner and the staff very attentive , shame about the location .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

1,184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel, great buffet breakfasts, very friendly staff whom couldn't do more to make you have a good enjoyable stay. The only set back is the building work ongoing around the hotel, it's loud and it starts early however the hotel can't do much about this, it's Abu Dhabi and it's expanding..... around the hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a very late review - we stayed here in June 2013 and can thoroughly recommend the Beach Rotana Hotel. We stayed for three nights and even though Abu Dhabi is very hot at that time of year the amenities in the hotel mean that you can stay out of the heat if you want to. It is connected to a large shopping mall so you don't need to go outside if you don't want to - but that would be a mistake as you would be missing a fantastic experience. The rooms are beautiful and the staff members are all very friendly and speak very good English - they even had a birthday cake delivered to our room for my husband's 70th birthday - obviously they must have arranged this when they saw his date of birth on his passport. We did venture out of the hotel - on the "Hop on Hop off" bus and also they one (1) hour boat trip - which were both fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went here as part of our honeymoon. We had booked a suite in the Club level which was gorgeous. Our room included access to the VIP lounge and boy, the luxury!
Daily breakfast buffet daily afternoon tea incl scones sandwiches and little cakes (whichever ere different every day) and evening canapés followed by 'happy hour'. This was far more civilised than it sounds- it meant that all alcoholic beverages were free (non-alcoholic beverages are free throughout the day).

The hotel also has a fantastic pool and lounging area with plenty of shade should you wish. There's tennis, wellness centre and more. Highly recommended if you wanted to pamper yourself!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Good rooms, location and very helpful staff. Only two drawbacks, the AC in the room only seemed to be on or off, no matter what temperature I set it to it just kept on getting cooler and cooler. The internet access is very very expensive at 90 AED a day I assume they think companies usually pay and you don't even get free WiFi in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Your point raised regarding Air-conditioning has been shared with the concerned department head for follow up.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My first Rotana experience was not great and not bad at the same time. Excellent location, near malls and coffee shops, great food, and wonderful staff. I feel so at home. ^_^

The beach, however, is not as good as I expected. And I find the hotel hallways creepy. Just go check it for yourself.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ana,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, and i am sure it will not be the last.

Jhb, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I expected more from Rotana. Granted I was on a business trip and this is more of a holiday resort but they got the basics wrong.
I checked in after 4am after a long roadtrip from Dubai only to be told that I was a "no show" and my room was given away. This after I emailed them a few days before to confirm the time of check in (and to which they responded). They then put be in a twin room for the night and offered to move me the next day. She then offered a wake up call which I took - knowing the risk of over sleeping with only 4 hours before my first meeting. This wake up call never happened - apparenlty they had booked it for the followoing day???? Needless to say I overslept.
They did move me the next day but the new room had an awful moist, mouldy smell (room 319)resonating from the airconditioner. I decided to live with it not wanting to endure another move.
On the last morning they also gave my table away while I was at the buffet dishing up breakfast - this happens, I understand.
I mentioned the above to the cusotmer services lady who was very apologetic and cancelled the cost for my (crazy expensive) wi-fi, but I really expected more from a group of this calibre. I am generally very positive about hotels so don't report negatively unless it's deserved.
If you're going on holiday it looks like a great option - I wouldn't use them again for business though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

It was disappointing to note that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. And I would like to apologize for the fact that we failed to live up to your expectations on this occasion.

You have raised a number of points in your review all of which have been cascaded to the respective department heads for immediate investigation and action.