“Pleasant First-time Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi

You added Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd Street - Al Zahiyah | Connected to Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi 45200, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #35 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aldermaston, UK
“Pleasant First-time Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It had been some years since I'd been to Abu Dhabi, so returning was an interesting experience. I stayed at the Beach Rotana Hotel as it is the 'regular' accomodation booked currently by my company.

I have only experienced a hotel in the Rotana chain once previously (in Kuwait) and must say that the Beach Rotana is a step up in quality. First encounter was the car that had been booked from the airport - easy to find and all arranged, followed by a hassle-free, smooth ride from the airport to the hotel.

Check-in was o.k., albeit I struggled a little at times to follow what the check-in girl was saying - however, her English was far better than my knowledge of her native language, so I can't be too critical here. My room was in the Tower Wing - pleasant enough on a reasonably high floor, with a view overlooking the water/beach area at the back of the hotel. It was pretty well equiped, although my only main niggle was that the walls appeared to be very thin - certainly I couldn't avoid hearing a couple in the next room (coughing, talking and laughing that is!). The bathroom was very well equiped, including l'Occitane amenities, although it took a while to figure out the shower controls and get a good flow of reasonably hot water.

The deal I was on included internet access and breakfast, the latter being an extensive spread of 'regular' international hotel-style breakfast buffet, including juices, yoghurt, fruit, cereals, lots of bread products, cheeses, cold cuts etc. and a very wide choice of hot food.

Away from the room, the hotel has a very good selection of restaurants to suite every palate, including a German-style brauhaus. It has a direct link into the next-door Abu Dhabi mall and also has (I'm led to believe) a very good beach club and gym/fitness facilities, although I didn't get a chance myself this time round to try the club out.

Overall, no real issues encountered and a pleasant stay for business - I would certainly stay at the Beach Rotana again if I am back in Abu Dhabi at some point in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi. once again.

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

HOTEL:

This is a very luxuous and chic hotel. As we booked the the CLUB rotonda king room,we had access to a private and fast check in Club rotonda lounge executive floor located in the tower wing on the 18th floor. The club rotonda king room booking could allowed us to access to the private club rotonda lounge anytime and to have free canapé and drinks and alcoholic beverages from 19.pm till 22pm. (FREE FOOD AND DRINKS!). Free breakfast was included as well!

Regarding the beach area, if you are just looking to spend your day at the beach, i am not sure that this is the nicest beach but for a swim or an hour on a long chair it's ok! There is also a nice swimming pool. Inside the change room there is a sauna and a hot spa (one for male, one for female).

ROOM:
the CLUB rotana king room was really really clean, spotless, there were a bath with a spa, a very large shower and lots of amenities such as body cream, shower gel, shampoo from l'Occitane en provence brand. Our room was cleaned (we didn't expect it!) again after less than 4hours that we arrived and was spotless once again! THe bed was really comfortable and there were a tv with worldwide channels. A balcony and a view on the bay.

A big thank you to the staff who made our stay very special, really kind, efficient, smiling and helpful people.

Room Tip: The Club room on Tower Wing :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 6sous,

midlandsuk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We first visited this hotel in 2004 and always said we would return. Obviously there have been many changes to the hotel and to Abu Dhabi. The most notable change is to the hotel surroundings, now very built up with the sea view from the beach all but gone. Fortunately by reading Tripadvisor reviews we were prepared. We didn,t go in the sea but the pool remains just as pleasant and there was never any problem obtaining loungers.
Our room was large and clean but had odd shaped furniture and a dressing table whose mirror was useless unless I knelt on the floor!. We had a small balcony which would of been nice to use but there was no chairs. The bed was comfortable but we were kept awake by the noisy air con, so the choice be hot or awake!. The housekeeping was very hit and miss, room kept clean but as for the stocking of tea and coffee, fresh towels and toiletries we had constantly ask for items. One day we waited over an hour for bath towels and eventually I had to go out on to the corridor and ask again just to be told " my colleague will see to it ". finally I found " the colleague" and demanded towels NOW!
Meals were taken in the Essence restaurant and were hot ,tasty if a little repetitive.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Over all the we enjoyed the holiday but found the changes disappointing including the attached Abu Dhabi Mall which is now somewhat shabby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have noted your comments related to our Furniture, Air-condition and Housekeeping services. Your constructive feedback have been addressed with the concerned Department Head for immediate action.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here in March on a work trip hosted by Abu Dhabi Tourism Board.

The hotel was very beautiful and modern. The breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I have ever had, it was amazing. Rooms and bathrooms were large, clean and modern. Right next door to Abu Dhabi Mall.

Would recommend to travellers having a couple of nights in Abu Dhabi who just want to go shopping.

Abu Dhabi was great, definately worth checkin it out. Highlights were Sundowner Safaru Dinner and 4WD, Ferrari World and dinner at Yas Viceroy Hotel (amazing!)

Dear Guest,

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E |
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Negative points: Valet service was a bit slow where staff were being selective in welcoming the guests. Also, my wife didnt have a good sleep as the pillows were not comfy. Third and last point, there were 2-3 incidents where I called the operator and the telephone kept on ringing with no answer.

Positive points: Hotel room was fairly designed and spacious. The offer to get tickets to the concert was also good. Last and most important is the extremely positive attitude of Mr. Mustafa, Lobby Manager of Beach Rotana Suites who was very supportive, pleasant, and helpful in sorting out the tickets to the concert in Du Arena. I truely wish him progress in his career with Rotana.

Room Tip: Excellent location next to Abu Dhabi Mall
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Abu Jooj G
i have noted your constructive feedback and it is addressed with the concerned Department Head for immediate action
P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E |
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

An absolute fantastic time and stay. From the moment we arrived and welcomed to the moment we left in the hotels car (with great driver). All the staff during our 5 days stay were superb, everyone and each of them... Housekeeping, Room Service, Beach Club and all those fab restaurants...
We will go back for sure, thank you to Rotana Beach and its staff for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Try all the restaurants!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Reggee

Muscat Governorate, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Probably this is the 20th time in beach rotana Abu Dhabi, and I am glade they the services remains excellent and the rooms are very clean and nice. The breakfast buffet is very generous and has a lot of varieties.

Also the hotel is conveniently located next to Abu Dhabi mall which has a varieties of shops and restaurants in case hotel food is not what you are after...

The main inconvenience with beach rotana is the Internet connections, in many hotels there is a possibility to connect more than one device e.g. Laptop and you mobile or iPad but here it's not possible under the same bill. The previous stay I was billed but then again the Reciption removed the amount from the bill which was good since this is not highlighted while checking it.

The only problem I faced this time and it was the first is the level of noise from Trader Vic's which was very high. Again I could have complained but did not bother as I was staying for a very short period.

Overall as usual my stay was pleasant and for sure this time I got a very good deal.....

Room Tip: If you will stay more than 2 nights its worth to ask for the upgrade to their suits, you can do that...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
fouadh, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Waleed,

Your concerns regards the internet and Trader Vics has been addresses with the concerned department heads for immediate action

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi once again.

Beach Rotana

Been to Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!