It had been some years since I'd been to Abu Dhabi, so returning was an interesting experience. I stayed at the Beach Rotana Hotel as it is the 'regular' accomodation booked currently by my company.
I have only experienced a hotel in the Rotana chain once previously (in Kuwait) and must say that the Beach Rotana is a step up in quality. First encounter was the car that had been booked from the airport - easy to find and all arranged, followed by a hassle-free, smooth ride from the airport to the hotel.
Check-in was o.k., albeit I struggled a little at times to follow what the check-in girl was saying - however, her English was far better than my knowledge of her native language, so I can't be too critical here. My room was in the Tower Wing - pleasant enough on a reasonably high floor, with a view overlooking the water/beach area at the back of the hotel. It was pretty well equiped, although my only main niggle was that the walls appeared to be very thin - certainly I couldn't avoid hearing a couple in the next room (coughing, talking and laughing that is!). The bathroom was very well equiped, including l'Occitane amenities, although it took a while to figure out the shower controls and get a good flow of reasonably hot water.
The deal I was on included internet access and breakfast, the latter being an extensive spread of 'regular' international hotel-style breakfast buffet, including juices, yoghurt, fruit, cereals, lots of bread products, cheeses, cold cuts etc. and a very wide choice of hot food.
Away from the room, the hotel has a very good selection of restaurants to suite every palate, including a German-style brauhaus. It has a direct link into the next-door Abu Dhabi mall and also has (I'm led to believe) a very good beach club and gym/fitness facilities, although I didn't get a chance myself this time round to try the club out.
Overall, no real issues encountered and a pleasant stay for business - I would certainly stay at the Beach Rotana again if I am back in Abu Dhabi at some point in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 30 minutes away from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi Trade Centre complex, our Abu Dhabi Beach Hotel is directly linked by an exclusive passageway to the over one million square feet Abu Dhabi Mall - the capital's most renowned shopping mall, which houses international brands, a 6-screen Cineplex and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Beach Rotana Hotel Abu Dhabi