What a beautiful hotel! Like most things in UAE, this hotel is overwhelming with everything you could possibly need all in one building. It was tough to find reasons to leave and explore because it was so relaxing and easy to stay here! Just don't be put off by its exterior - when we pulled up we had no idea what to expect!
Check in is quick and easy. We arrived at 8am in the morning and they were able to find some rooms that were ready for us, which was a huge relief after a long flight. The rooms a spacious and offer small balconies. Try to get one with a beach view, although all rooms seem to have lovely views of the water.
Beds are comfortable, and the pillows are expectedly overstuffed. Air con in the rooms is perfect and were not on too high for our arrival. It was great to be able to come back to our rooms and flick on the air con and have it take only a minute or two to cool down the room.
The bathrooms are nice and offer everything you need in the way of toiletries. The shower isn’t amazing, but it gets the job done. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, but I had to call room service to have the toilet cleaned properly. Usually i would be horrified over this, but because they allowed us to check in early and not charge us I was happy to just have them clean it properly and be done with it. They were so apologetic though that they cleaned the entire bathroom again from top to bottom and asked if we wanted the room done again too. They really do go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and happy!
The hotel offers complimentary bottled water to its guests and will even have it delivered to the room free of charge (perhaps tip the delivery guys though!). This is a small touch which is very welcome in this super hot place.
There are also so many restaurants on offer that it’s hard to choose between them. We had the seafood buffet (Thursday nights only), which was good, however the buffet on any other night leaves a lot to be desired. Take my advice and eat at the Thai restaurant just opposite or the German restaurant attached to the pub that overlooks the water.
The spa centre is very, very expensive, but if you just head towards the pool area there is a fitness centre that offers massages less than half the price of the spa. And they’re quite good.
The pool area is beautiful with a swim up bar and a small cafe next to it for casual dining. The private beach area of the hotel is great, and is definitely one of the highlights. There isn't much beach in Abu Dhabi so don't expect a beach like you would get in Australia, but be grateful that there is sand and water and that it's warmer than a bath at times! Amazing. They also offer water sports if you’re keen.
Location is good being right next door to a massive mall, however if you’re keen to venture out there are dozens of taxis right at the front door ready to take you anywhere and it’s not expensive to do so.
Everyone who works here is polite and friendly and we felt very welcomed. We felt like it was a real treat to stay here. You feel like you’re escaping the rat race of the Abu Dhabi streets, and entering into a serene world of opulence. I would definitely stay here again, although I would avoid the buffet next time around!
- Also Known As:
- Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi
- Beach Rotana Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 30 minutes away from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi Trade Centre complex, our Abu Dhabi Beach Hotel is directly linked by an exclusive passageway to the over one million square feet Abu Dhabi Mall - the capital's most renowned shopping mall, which houses international brands, a 6-screen Cineplex and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.