“Beach Rotana, what more can I say!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi

You added Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd Street - Al Zahiyah | Connected to Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi 45200, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Beach Rotana, what more can I say!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I visited this beautiful hotel on 4 June for 4 nights and I can honestly say that is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The staff really couldn't do enough for you from the minute your feet are out of the taxi, someone is on hand to take your luggage and assist you to the reception area. Check in was a breeze, I had to blink twice to check whether I had been checked in at all, it was so seamless!! I was taken to my room which was lovely and had a large balcony. It was my birthday and I treated myself to a lovely massage, lounged by the pool and got a lovely surprise from a couple of members of staff from the Beach Club who handed me a cake with a candle on it! They said they wanted to make my stay more special. I thought that was so sweet of them. After lounging by the pool for hours I went back into my room and had another lovely surprise. Concierge had organised a huge chocolate cake beautifully decorated with fresh strawberries on top with a happy birthday sign made out of white chocolate!! I was taken aback!! I thought what am I going to do with this huge cake and decided to share it with the girls from the Beach Club. I had a lovely meal at Pregos where the staff treated me like royalty! I had a lovely fish meal which I highly recommend. They also insisted I come in with my birthday cake, (as I was spotted trying to take my cake to the beach club), and sat me down with a complimentary glass of bubbly, and told me to enjoy the moment!! We took photos and the staff from Pregos asked when I was returning to the UK and if I would like to come back to the restaurant for a meal. I returned for my meal on my departure date and they trully excelled themselves! I had a lovely meal and was given a birthday gift too!! I have to say thank you to Vivi and Diana and of course the rest of the staff at Pregos who made me feel so so special and I guarantee, I will be visiting Beach Rotana again. I visited Abu Dhabi with no expectations at all and was pleasantly surprised. Love it, love it, love it!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
sachaqui, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Dear Jdale62,

Greetings from the Beach Rotana,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel. Indeed we are very proud of our customer service, we are very happy that you enjoyed your birthday with us and we hope to be able to treat you again on your next birthday.
On behalf of the team at the Beach Rotana, we look foward to welcoming you again.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife & I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at Beach Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel is approx 20 miles from the airport & should cost approx 60 dirhams by taxi (ensure you get a METERED one or will be much more).
The hotel has an unassuming frontage - on a busy main road in the Tourist Club area of the city- but once you enter the hotel, the lobby/reception is very luxurious with lots of marble & glass.

Check-in was smooth & efficient and we were quickly shown to our room (607) on the 6th floor. We had booked a Classic Room (which is the basic level room in the Beach Wing) which was nicely furnished with king bed, minibar, safe & marble bathroom.
However, the room was fairly small, with limited wardrobe space & a tiny balcony which could just hold 2 chairs.

The hotel's public areas were lovely & there are approx 10 restaurants. We ate in the Italian (Pregos), Indian (Indego) & Steakhouse (Rodeo Grill) as well as the breakfast restaurant (Essence).
The food was beautifully prepared & presented, although quite pricey.
However, there are cheaper options - including an English style pub - at the nearby Le Meridien Hotel (5 mins walk).

To the rear of the hotel are lovely grounds - with literally 100's of sun loungers - and 2 huge swimming pools for adults & kids. There is also a man-made beach which leads to the "sea" - actually an inlet overlooking a massive construction site (Sowwah Island) which started 4 years ago & is likely to continue for at least 2 more years.
There is some noise from the building worksbut wel soon got used to it & quickly forgot the ongoing work opposite.

This is a beautiful hotel, but it's real value is in the quality of staff & service provided. Nothing is too much trouble & everything is done with a smile.

Abu Dhabi itself is a nice - but busy - city which is quieter & less glitzy than nearby Dubai.
However,the city has a lovely Corniche & some very nice parks & fountains.
There are the usual shopping malls for the shopaholics - the Abu Dhabi Mall is attached to the hotel & has a private access. However our favourite Malls were Al Wadah & Marina.

Places in Abu Dhabi worth visiting include The Heritage Village, The Grand Mosque, Emirates Palace Hotel (open to non residents) & Yas Island (where the Formula 1 Grand Prix is held).

Room Tip: Early booking bargain rooms with Travel Republic
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear greenvigoLeedsUK,

Greetings from the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such detailed and lovely comments on our Hotel. Indeed we are very proud of our teams customer attention and strive to improve this on a daily basis.
Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon. We wish you a wonderful summer.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

As this was our honeymoon we spent ages surfing the net deciding where to go. We are so so glad we choose Beach Rotana. We stayed for 2 weeks 23rd May - 6th June on an all-inclusive basis, which was very good value. The A/I applies to Essence Restaurant only however all the other restaurants offer a discount per person if you're All Inclusive. The Hotel itself is splendid, immaculately clean, modern, spacious and in my opinion would suit not only Honeymooners but family holidays, short breaks, business meetings- it really does tick all the boxes! The beach, swimming pool, pool bar, grounds are all amazing.
The main attribute this hotel has is certainly its staff, the service from everyone we met was exactly how it should be, they are all fantastic and seem happy to be working there. We would like to say thank you to all the staff especially Edgar ( reception), Raju ( room attendant), Erwin ( restaurant), Chuda/ Zabu/ Mamud ( pool bar). Highly recommended, thanks again. Oh! the spa is great too!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask to stay in tower block
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Baztoon,

Greetings from the Beach Rotana
Thank you very much for your comments on your stay. It is indeed always a pleasure to hear from our valued customer positive feedback.
I would like to take the opportunity on behalf of the Beach Rotana, to wish you and your bride all the best.
Cheadle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Nothing was too much trouble regarding the staff. The food was of a very high standard in all the restaurants and the service was excellent. I cannot find any fault with the hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting this country.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
sachaqui, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Dear Mancityfc,

Greetings from the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi,

Thank you very for your great review, we are very happy that you enjoyed your holiday with. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We arrived at the hotel at 7.00am and our check in was not until 2.00pm. However by 8.00 am we were escorted to our room. The room was clean and cool it had a balcony with a view of the small beach. The bed was big and comfortable. Overall a very nice room.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
There were plenty of restaurants to dine at and we ate at Essence which was amazing value and high quality food.
The hotel was great value and would stay there again if visiting Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Wenda,

Greetings from the Beach Rotana,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that they will be shared with our team.
As you may be aware our normal check in time is 14h00, however when ever possible we try to accomodate our guest as soon as they arrive.

We hope to see you again very soon

best regards,

Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

During my 10-day stay I experienced a first class sevice from arrival until departure.
The room was spacious, very clean and room service both from cleaning to any additional requirements was of a very high standard.
The location of the hotel is central with a good taxi service for around the city plus being next to a mall it offered everything one could want.
The friendliness of the staff at all levels was excellent, resturaunts offered a vast selection of food, well presented by staff that understood the products they where presenting plus it is pleasent to see staff smile and take time with their customers

Room Tip: Ask and you will be accommodated
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Regards,

Fouad Hamade
I/C Hotel Apartments
Beach Rotana
P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E
al ain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

If you like pampering Abu Dhabi Beach Rotana has it all. Excellent location, you will have your own private entrance to Abu Dhabi Mall. Pool and beach, with excellent lifeguards who are truly alert. As a mother of 3 children I could really relax by the pool and beach. And the restaurants are amazing! And with so many restaurants to choose from. Altogether; a luxurious experience.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly, ask for special rates
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!