“Bad, old, poor communication” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Abu Dhabi

You added Le Meridien Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd st, Al meena | Tourist Club Area, Abu Dhabi 46066, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #62 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Bad, old, poor communication”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We were looking forward to staying at le meridien, the hotel is old and shoddy, staff try to keep smiling! Sorry would you like another room is another phrase constantly used.. We were given a double room when we booked a triple room. We were told we would get extra bed! Ok waited 2 hours only to be moved to another room, which smelled old and mouldy... Next was a smoking room(requested non smoking).. Finally one big enough but still only two beds. After 40 min waiting, called to say bed still not here. Ok be there soon.? Walked into bath room only to find it damaged, taps hanging out of the wall. Went down to complain, yeah ok will move you, was the reply. If that was it I would say ok just bad night but no finally by 1:20 am get to go to sleep .. We arrived at just after 9 pm! Slept until 10.30 am when we were woken by knocking on door by house keeping. Then try to get ready for the day only to find two towels and two glasses etc.! Inform them and get towels. They fix bath taps etc good. Try for rest of day to make our stay better.. One good thing is the proximity to Abu Dhabi mall. Day two wake up with blistery bumps on hand arms and face and feet (dust mites) get antihistamines and cortisone cream.. Want to make coffee, kettle doesn't work move it to another plug.. Phone in room is constantly beeping. Ready to explode. Tell them of mites and kettle problem. Would you like another room? No I don't I just want what a name stands for and what I pay for a triple room at a so called four star hotel! What we got was not even three stars, the hotel is too old everything is a patch job, everything is crooked from lampshades to power outlets. Glad air con. Works, however, I will not be recommending this hotel. The staff for the most part try but don't care especially if you are a woman.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear sabtis99,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We regret that you found the hotel not to your liking.
We have provided our care and services to many discerning guests for the past 35 years. Our hotel may appear dated compared to newer properties those have come into existence in this dynamic city. Normally we endeavor to provide exceptional guest care and would like to mention the difficulties experienced are not a normal reflection of our usual high standard of customer service. However, please know that the issues you have raised have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken, so I thank you again for your feedback.

I hope that we would have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and ensure you of our best services.

Nemo Acimovic,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Larnaka, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Like most of the hotels that I have been in Abu Dhabi this one has it all - big rooms, huge soft comfy bed, perfect service, complimentary water, coffee and tea in the room, polite friendly staff. They also have this big veranda at the restaurant where you can enjoy your rich breakfast. Lovely pool area with lots of green grass and quiet sandy beach.
What I like most about Le Meridien though is the big garden with all the bars, which is very suitable for families with children. There you can enjoy your dinner and have your pint while having your kids with you.
There is one thing only that I don't really like very much - every time we go there we get a roof view. But then this is probably what we pay for..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Diana G,

It was a pleasure to read your review.
Thanks for your comments about the ambiance of our hotel; we very much believe that Le Méridien Village is indeed a lovely place to spend a good time with friends and family.
I am also very happy to learn that my colleagues were able to provide you with the service level that you expected.
The views are indeed different from one room to another, I suggest you try and contact me directly when planning your next visit and we hope to be able to assist, availability permitting.
We would be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.

Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Its as simple as that. You make a reservation that is never met by the hotel. You ask for 2 connecting rooms and smoking rooms. You end up waiting 2 hours until they clean the rooms and when you think its finally done. It turns out that they gave you 2 rooms way too far from each other, and one of them is non-smoking rooms. Gotta call bull on that certificate. After moving you three times you end up with something you didnt ask for. Its really bad. However, im here to relax.

Room Tip: Get a club room with sea view, or don't bother with this place.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Nad H,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered prior to check. This is not usual happening generally in our hotel where our guests’ well-being is our priority. Please be assured that all your remarks are taken into consideration and communicated to the concerned department.
Sincerely look forward to seeing you again.

Nemo Acimovic,
South U.K.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Probably like a lot of readers, I wondered just how realistic the reviews were. It was pleasant to find find out on arrival they were pretty accurate. Sure, this is an older hotel but with a very warm friendly feel to it. The rooms are fine (non smoking floor) with modern bathrooms, very comfy beds, free wifi etc. There is a green courtyard off the lobby leading to the beach. This is surrounded mainly on one side by a 'village' of bars and restaurants. Books of vouchers are free giving 2 for 1 meals and drinks. Good value. Surprisingly quiet, no building sites yet, but looks like future development on each side. The Abu Dhabi Mall is 5 min walk away with an option of cheap eats on the top floor.A bit dusty at the extremes of the building and a coat of paint would help here and there. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phuqnose,

I am delighted to hear that you had such a good time at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. Thank you very much for your review. It fills our hearts with joy to read that our guests feel relaxed in our hotel. I’m glad that you liked the beach, the facilities and the room. I am happy to learn that you have used the “2 for 1” vouchers in Le Méridien Entertainment Guide, they are indeed a good value for money. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in the future.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business. Had a club room which was dark and musty. Bed was comfy though. The Club lounge is nothing special. Breakfast buffet was average and service a little spotty. What I saw of the pool was not particularly inviting - one end was cordoned off with hazard tape! Glad I was not paying - there are far superior hotels in AD now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear b19jfm,

Thank You for taking your time to post your thoughts. We strive hard to provide our guests a comfortable and memorable stay. We regret to learn you did not have the experience you were expecting at our hotel.
Le Méridien Abu Dhabi has been in existence for the past 33 years, providing proficient customer care to discerning guests, who also have enjoyed its allure and indulged on same even though there have been newer taller structures that came into co existence in this magnificent city. We sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to delight you on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was in the PJ last week and had a great time with my friends. They have different types of beers, live music and friendly staffs. Unfortunately, I had a little incident where I lost one of my valuable earring and i was pessimistic that i am gonna find it. However, the assistant bar manager, Mahesh helped me out to look for it along with some other people. I was impressed with all their initiative and the willingness to help their guests. At the end, not long after I left the bar, I got a call that they found my earring. I was happy cos it is still in a good condition and finally I went home with a smile. Thanks to all the bar staffs. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear ib_siska2005,

Thank you very much for you review on Tripadvisor.
P.J.O'Reilly's is an Irish pub in Le Royal Méridien. It’s indeed a nice pub with good food and great atmosphere.
We shall pass on your kind words to Le Royal Méridien colleagues who will be delighted to hear them.
I also invite you to leave your valuable feedback in their tripadvisor page.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I selected this hotel as I wanted to spend a weekend on a beach hotel. The value I got was good. I requested for a Kingsize bed room during booking but when I arrived, I was told that there was no availability in a non-smoking room. I had to take a smoking room and when I entered the room, I found the lingering smell of cigarrate smoke quite difficult. I would have been quite happy if my initial booking request was met by the hotel - especially as I had booked the room with a child with me.
The room was dark and gloomy although decorated with paintings and wall hangings. Windows were shaded and there is a warning not to open the windows to let fresh air in as otherwise humidity could raise false fire alarm! I really didnot have a good time inside the room.
The pool was private and nice with a separate pool for kids. It also has a good number of options of restaurants as well.
The beach is small and actually a narrow pool of water. You see more concrete structures from the beach than the open sea.
I was offered a voucher for a complimentary fruit platter and coffee for 2 at their cafe. I seems a good surprise addon by the hotel worth mentioning and I was quite happy.
The location is good and adjacent to the mall.
If you are not planning much time inside the hotel rooms, I feel this is a good hotel providing value for money. But seriously not for spending leisourly family time inside the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Gautam S,

Thank you for taking your time to pen down your thoughts following your stay with Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the pools, restaurants, the offerings from the complimentary voucher at Al Finjan and our location. However, I apologize for the experience with regards to the smell of cigarettes you encountered with your room.

I hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you again in our home.

Nemo Acimovic
General Manager.

Been to Le Meridien Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!