“A nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Cuneo, Italy
“A nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has been renovated to give it the New Meridien look.
It is modern, confortable, friendly staff, great food, a big outside pool.
Club lounge is really nice, and evening appetizers are amazing.
As a Starwood loyal guest I got upgraded to a nice suite...receiving a lot of amenities. I recommend this hotel to business and leisure travellers it is located in the middle of everything you wanna see in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed January 2014
Le Royal M, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great feedback and glad that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are excited to hear a lot of encouraging feedback on the renovated areas unveiled recently from our valuable guests like yourself. We will launch three more restaurants to finish the project within the next few months.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Shaun Parsons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of January. The weather was a lovely 23 degrees. As I arrived the reception staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. There was a violinist playing in the lobby too which gave the atmosphere a brilliant relaxing and luxurious feel. This feeling carried on when I entered my room. A double room on the 7th floor. The room was a smoking room but as I arrived it never smelt of smoke. The AC was working perfectly throughout my stay, the mini bar fridge in the room was well stocked but pricey. The bed was comfy and there were enough sockets to charge my mobiles and laptop. The bathroom was brilliant. A robe, slippers and a range of creams, shower gels and soaps were complimentary... Well, I hope they were, as I took them with me when I left. The shower was fixed to the ceiling and poured down powerfully like hot steamy torrential rain, it was lovely. I didn't use all the services that the hotel provide but from what I did see, I was impressed. The gym looked professional, the main restaurant appeared to be beautiful, the nightclub was always busy and the swimming pools were used all day and night. PJ's pub (which is attached to the hotel) was brilliant though. Their food was delicious and the atmosphere is great! The house band (Sweet Chilli Jam) are fantastic! The lead singer is excellent as well as the beautiful female co-singer. The drummer is mad as hell and the lead guitarist was EPIC! On rock night he stole the show along with his band mates. Even the bassist stood out. I would pay to see this band. It all closes at 2am which is perfect and the beer tasted lovely. The hotel is in a great location (with KFC, McDonalds and plenty other shops and restaurants to choose from within 5 mins walk away). overall the whole experience was wanting me to stay longer. I'm a bit gutted a had to go home.

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for this detailed feedback and appreciate the effort taken. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience during the recent stay with us. No worries about the bath room amenities, they were kept for your personal use any way.
We will definitely pass on the compliments to our reception team, Violinist and Sweet Chilli Jam team and am sure this will encourage them to do more.

Awaiting your next arrival soon for a renewed experience.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The one sentence just about sums it up. Double-check prior to booking, as I believe some of the floors and restaurants are still being completed. But the ones that have been upgraded are fantastic.

Restaurant was good, make sure you sign up for Starwood rewards so you can get 30% off your meal.

Spa was small and basic, but I got a fantastic massage after a long day of sight seeing. Prices were great, and they even let me use points for my massage.

Great experience, would definitely stay here again.

Dear David,

Thank you for your inspiring feedback and we are delighted to learn that you had a great experience.
As you have seen the exciting transformation, we only have three more restaurants coming up and the work on the those doesn't affect the guest room floors any more. We are doing every thing we can to avoid any disturbance to our guests. The new outlets will be coming live in a few months time and we promise a lot more for you to explore.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed one night and as there weren't any sea view rooms available we paid 200 Dhs extra to be upgraded to a Club Room- very disappointed with the room as it is very dated compared to the rest of the hotel (in a tower on its own) and nothing like the pictures shown- it felt more like a downgrade- for that price we could have got a much better room in the city with lots of new hotels opened up. Cigarette burns and stains on the carpet, low ceiling and really nothing special about the room- the view was nice but thats about it. Stuffy and poor ventilation, noisy surroundings (the walls are paper thin)- we could hear our neighbors in the next room, the music from the bar and some kind of piling work too (the hotel is undergoing lots of works). There was only one bathrobe in the room and quality of amenities not amazing. The shower isn't powerful (assuming the plumbing is dated too). We weren't impressed with the 4 tiny (and I mean tiny) pieces of leftover cake bites that is supposed to be your complimentary sweet treat. Room service was great though- hearty food and huge portions. Lounge is nice and modern with something to snack on and lots of magazines.

Room Tip: Choose a newly refurbished room in the tall tower!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Le Royal M, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feed back, we appreciate the time and effort taken to post this. We have noticed your concern about the Club room in general and noted for action to rectify the same. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We are glad that you liked the In room dining services and the brand new Royal Club Lounge. We have recently completed the upgrading of all our Deluxe tower rooms, suites, restaurants and public areas and the Royal club tower will also be looked in to for upgrading even though it is fairly new.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a renewed experience soon.

Darlington, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently spent 4 days at the Royal Meridien and was very impressed with both the hotel and quality of the staff and service they provided. Its not very often that I can say I was 100% satisfied with every aspect of my stays but with the hotel I was.
The rooms are very well appointed with an amazingly comfortable bed, which I struggled to get out of every morning. Food is superb, especially the lunch buffet.
Great for business and families as it has a nice pool and sun loungers, PJ's the Irish bar is nice for a drink, and the hotel has a late bar on the 4th floor.
Some construction work taking place when I stayed but I didn't hear any noise or have any complaints.
Great hotel for a stay in Abu Dhabi, I couldn't recommend it highly enough and will definitely be staying again when I return.
Thanks to all the staff for top class service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your inspiring feed back and we are delighted to learn that you had a fantastic stay with us recently. We will definitely pass on the compliments to the entire team and I am sure they will be equally delighted and motivated to go an extra mile.
With an exciting launch of the phase I of our transformation project in October and phase two scheduled in a couple of months time -with the launch of three brand new restaurants, we love to share the excitement with you and look forward to welcoming back to a renewed experience soon.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have stayed already many times in Le Royal Meridien and I will still return to stay there.The location is one of the best in abu Dhabi.Close to
the Corniche .From the spacious rooms you have a wonderfull view over
the sea.The new decoration updraded the hotel even more.And the staff
is really the friendliest you can find.My stay was always perfect in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Le Royal M, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Hermen,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and appreciate the continued patronage towards Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.
Team Royale stay committed to provide you with world class hospitality products and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel with my wife and little daughter. We were placed in the 20th floor with a sea view. The room was clean and well lit. The bed was spacious and the view was amazing. The bathroom was big with a nice shower and tub. The breakfast was well served with varieties. The price was excellent for the hotel's class. If I am ever coming to Abu Dhabi again, I would definitely come back here. The only thing that I can pick on this hotel is the sliding door of the bathroom, if they can install a handle so we can slide the door more easily it would be great!

Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your inspiring feedback and we are glad that we could keep up with your expectation.
Your comments on the bathroom sliding door is well received and corrective action will be taken accordingly.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Shaun Parsons

Been to Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!