My company books me into this hotel when I'm in Abu Dhabi. I must have stayed here over 15 times this year and here's my honest opinion about the place:
1. The staff at the reception, the security guards and the bell boys are far beyond excellent! They have been extremely helpful to me everytime I've stayed here and really go out of their way to personalize the service they provide. Whether its last minute check in, early checkin, late checkouts, help storing bags (they should charge me rent the number of time's I've kept bags here). The security guard even brought me my Subway delivery to the room instead of me going down to collect it. The bell boy (Rezul) makes my my complicated and cumbersome travel schedule that much smoother. The staff at the reception are super helpful.
Just remember, be nice and people are nice to you! I've seen a few people being rude to staff at hotels and restaurants (especially in UAE) - what kind of service would you expect in return?
2. The rooms are larger than your standard 3 - 4 star hote, clean, tidy and smell good. There's never been smoke smell in my room though most of their rooms are smoking rooms. The music from the nightlife in the hotel really isn't that loud and the rooms on the 5th or 6th floor have been very tastefully renovated and are nicer than the rest.
3. The location! Its in the heart of the city and very close to many eating joints, entertainment and leisure spots. Corniche is a short cab ride away. Taxi's and busses are easy to get from here any time of the day and most of the cabbies will know whete HOJO is so its not difficult to find. If you're Chinese, Indian, Filipina or Russian - Lots of "home cooked" style food within walking distance - and beat this - a good meal would be between USD 5 - 8 at one of these places!
4. Did I mention the staff?
5. Extremely safe - just like the rest of the UAE.
1. There are 4 night clubs and a bar. An Indian and an African one located on the 2nd floor, a "Russian" and an Arabic one located on the 17th floor and a "British" pub on the ground floor. You can hear a slight thumping of the bass from the music from most of these bars in your room till 3am everynight - but it really didn't bother me one bit. Its really not that loud.
2. So, this isn't really a great place to vacation with the family, especially if you plan to go outside your room after 10pm. Nothing unsafe but just the crowd isn't the classiest you've seen if you know what I mean!
Overall, I love this hotel and am especially impressed with the staff. If you're on business, dont hesitate to book this place - just get a room on the 5th or 6th floor.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HostelBookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Diplomat Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Howard Johnson