The Intercontinental is an excellent hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring that we had everything we needed and were enjoying our stay. The concierge staff were very knowledgable about the area, where to go to buy a particular item and how to get there.
The hotel is large but well kept and extremely clean. We stayed in a Club Intercontinental room, which although more expensive, was worth the extra money as breakfast, snacks all day, afternoon tea, and 2 hours of drinks with a large variety of hors d'oevres were included in the price. We ate in 2 of the hotel restaurants and although a little more expensive than outside, the food was excellent as was the service and the menus.
Although not in the centre of the city, it is very easy and cheap to take a taxi anywhere and there is plenty to see and do in the immediate area. The hotel also runs a complimentary shuttle bus to the local shopping malls. If you want to stay in the hotel it has it's own beach area and pool where there are always plenty of sunbeds.
All in all a very good place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure."We are currently working on a beach re-development scheduled to start during the second week of April 2012 and due to be finalized by the third quarter of 2013 .Our exciting new project will enhance the facilities in our hotel by uplifting our outdoor areas. We will take every effort to minimize the disruption to our guests who will continue to have full access to the beach and can enjoy a dip in the sea. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located in our main block." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental