This was our first time in Abu Dhabi. We were expecting long and peaceful days in the sun. No, we got builders constructing a new pool and leisure facility on the hotel beach! Don't get me wrong this is a good hotel,not fantastic compared to the other hotels near buy. But good. The food is fantastic we didn't have a bad meal.The staff are amazing everyone of them. Another issue was on a wednesday and Thursday nights the hotel bars and restaurants were very very very busy as Wednesday is ladies night and Thursday is UAE (our Friday) so it is full of ex pats filling there boots as there are no pubs in the UAE. We had to sit on the floor outside on these nights to have a drink! The hotel should limit the number of extra people they let in on these nights. Don't forget this is 5 star in the UAE. Have you ever had to sit on the floor in a 5 star hotel to have after dinner drinks? When you have just paid £100 per head for your dinner? Last point our room was an ajoining room via a door in the wall. The first 2 nights we had someone next door that was up all night talking and shouting. We put up with it until 5am then we called reception who sent security around straight away and sorted it. The next day we had an Americian pilot next door( we new this as we could hear every word he said ). He Skyped his wife at 1 am and again at 5 am every night . The Walls / doors are not sound proof in this hotel so take ear plugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental